The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 09

I never heard of it until I was diagnosed, but like you said I am seeing more and more people with it. Many better than me but some worse.

Until a year ago I owned a bookstore. I had to close due to neuropathy. I just couldn't do it. Towards the end I had an older than me couple ask for help finding a book. As I hobbled past them they asked what was wrong. When I said 'neuropathy' they looked at each other then the male pulled up his pant legs showing me two artificial legs while saying 'me too.'
I'm not that bad.

A few years ago I had a doctor diagnose me as having peripheral neuropathy. It's a condition I've always had, but didn't know what it was. I always thought I just had excessively sensitive hands and feet. Luckily, for unknown reasons, mine isn't too bad.

A few years ago I had a doctor diagnose me as having peripheral neuropathy. It's a condition I've always had, but didn't know what it was. I always thought I just had excessively sensitive hands and feet. Luckily, for unknown reasons, mine isn't too bad.
I'm glad it's not too bad for you.
I consider myself lucky in that it is only in both legs from my shins to my toes, which are now deformed like claws from all the clutching in pain. I couldn't imagine having it in my hands.
I can't wear socks and don't wear shoes unless I'm out as the pain triggers are horrible. I get around with a real good rollator that has a seat.
Also when I had my bookstore I had a regular who constantly dropped things, books, wallet, money etc. It was because he had neuropathy in his hands.

I had to stop playing banjo and guitar a number of years ago because of it, and now I'm starting to find myself dropping things more often. My shoes constantly feel like they have something stuck inside them. But still I count myself lucky because so many have it worse.

I had to stop playing banjo and guitar a number of years ago because of it, and now I'm starting to find myself dropping things more often. My shoes constantly feel like they have something stuck inside them. But still I count myself lucky because so many have it worse.
Absolutely. Again from my bookstore I had a wonderful accounts receivable rep from a publisher. She had noticed I was out more and more and hard to reach. When I told her it was from neuropathy her whole tone changed dramatically. Her brother lost a leg from neuropathy and her ex husband died from complications of neuropathy.
Yeah, I'm not so bad.
Actually I use mindfulness meditation, reverse meditation and metta meditation and they all help me much more than any medications I've tried.

What I don’t get is what were all the IT departments doing. Back in the days I might have worked in a bank we could be
giving more scrutiny even to a minor pieces of software. (Not saying that I was, though.)
They were doing what the rest of the world was doing - waiting for Microsoft to provide a fix. Us home users were screwed waiting for OneDrive to come back on line.

I get what you're saying, I was part of that back office team that scrutinized everything before it was allowed to touch one of MY servers. My question is - what is everyone doing on Windows? Is Linux dead? Are there no more unix machines? And where were the backups? If one of MY servers caught a flaky line of code like that, we go back to the last clean day of operation and install that backup, reload the current data and press on with pride.

It rained last night, so I have free time this morning when I'd otherwise be irrigating. I visited the garden earlier and brought in a few tomatoes, but I need to wait for everything else to dry out a little before I get personal with the rest of the plants. We're expecting another round of storms this evening.

As I understand it, CrowdStrike's software ran at the end user, not at the server. There have never been enough highly-trained IT people with the time to review and clear every system update on every end-user computer. That has, for many years now, caused everyone to depend on the software provider to maintain the system software on end-user computers.

There was a time when I knew something about nearly every scrap of software--even deep in the system--that ran on my computer. Did I understand it enough to review and approve updates? No, and now I don't try. I review updates to know what is being updated, so when something goes wrong I might have some idea which component and which update to blame, but that's it. I don't even do that much for my phone, and I don't know of anyone who does.

I have a good sweat on now, but the dried garlic tops are all shredded and dug back into the bed they came from. A few more weeks and I'll be planting cucumbers in the same bed.

Clouded over here, so our kid is starting to mow the studio acre before it gets wet. No rain forecast for this afternoon, not so sure about this evening.

Lunch was Chinese, a chicken and fresh veggie stir-fry over rice, lovingly prepared by aforementioned son using genuine sauce mixes he brought with him from Beijing. Ones we probably can't find here. Absolutely delicious. C was kidding around and set a pair of chopsticks at my place at the table. She got a deserved smirk as I reached for a fork.

Sitting in my comfy reading chair looking out my backyard with a cup of blackberry citrus tea enjoying all the bird shenanigans.
Have a great day everyone.
Of course peace, love and happiness

My desktop runs on Win 10 and I understand MS won't be updating it next year; they also advised me I am not 'eligible' to convert to Win 11. I really don't use any of MS apps. Firefox and Open Office are my main favorites. Facebook, of course, then the usual Yahoo, Gmail, Amazon, credit union, etc. For some unknown reason I wasn't affected by the problem earlier this week.

For some unknown reason I wasn't affected by the problem earlier this week.
For home users the only thing affected was OneDrive, which is part of Microsoft Office/Microsoft 365. It's a cloud service program like Google Docs. It drove me crazy because I was writing a story and I couldn't save it. I had to put it on Google Docs and then update OneDrive once the service came back

Good morning from the radio shack. I'm monitoring the airwaves this morning and having a ball
The coffee is hot, the tea is ready and 40 meters is jumping! (@Handley_Page knows exactly what I mean)

Monday Coffee.jpg

I picked up a down-vote on one of my old, little-read stories in SF/F. One Night in Gormaz was for Chloe's "One Night in XXX" story event, which only ran one year. The story is medieval witchcraft and warfare. It grew out of research I did for part 4 of A Valentine's Day Mess, and it's the darkest, bloodiest thing I've written.

The story once had a rating over 4.8 but now it's down to 4.62. I've never known how to feel about votes on the story. As much as I like my story, I have my own reasons and maybe I worry a little about people who up-vote it. I understand down votes.

Back