The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 09

Mid - October, which means summer is coming, which means the winter comp is on it's way. Anybody keen on stepping up and duleighing a copy/paste on a previous years support thread?
I'll get it... I'll get it
I'm also doing a Winter Holiday contest on another site if you'd like to join and enter your stories over there too... 🎄

Last edited:
Just got home to where it's warm and dry. We finally did something other than eat four large, high-calorie meals/day with the local (Michigan) rednecks. We went downtown and had an excellent breakfast at the Hudson Cafe and spent a couple hours at the Detroit Institute of Art, where I bought a black hoodie with Cezanne's "Three Skulls" printed on the front. Michigan as a whole was very into Halloween, and the print seemed appropriate.

The ball is rolling on my new job. Accepted the offer, signed off on my background check, and got the drug test out of the way. I start on Oct. 30 and couldn't be happier. It felt so cathartic when I laid my resignation on my managers desk. It's not him, he's actually a good guy, but I just hate the job itself. For an ADHD guy like myself, it's a nightmare. 10,000 things to go wrong with the machines, but nothing with enough repetition for me to remember. After three years, I just barely feel like I'm contributing meaningfully. Time for a change.

The characters in my current story are conspiring. Pretty soon they'll just write the story without me. Maybe I should name them as co-authors.
I know the feeling! One of my characters just wrote a Dear John letter to another character. That was not planned, Hilde says it's for the best and Alan isn't talking to anyone... This story is killing me... #100! You'd figure I'd have gotten some control over these creations by now.

The ball is rolling on my new job. Accepted the offer, signed off on my background check, and got the drug test out of the way.
There was a colleague at work who was interviewing for a job at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. In the process there was a drug test requirement. All of us at work are going ‘Is it going to be better for your chances to pass or fail this particular test?’

I came down with the airport crude. It's probably just a cold, but Nyquil wasn't enough to give me a night's sleep, and now the house feels cold.

I checked the thermostat. The house is cold. Maybe I should turn on the furnace.

There was a colleague at work who was interviewing for a job at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. In the process there was a drug test requirement.
The test shows that your THC levels are a bit low, but Ecstasy and Molly are right were we like to see them... welcome aboard!

Broncos play the NO Saints tonight. The game might be the only reason I stay up past eight. I feel cruddy.

Back