The Colly's Birthday Thread

Re: And the award goes to...

sweetnpetite said:
Happy birthday Colly!

Since it is your birthday, let me take the opportunity to say some nice things about you that I've been thinking anyway.

Colleen is probably one of the smartest and most reasonable and level headed people here. Her oppinion on politics, writing or anything else is usually well worth reading. Sometimes it's one of the few that really is worth reading. I don't agree with everything she said, but I certainly admire her intelligence and character.

Collen is also an amazing writer. She paints a picture with her words, she uses adjectives better than anybody (as discussed in some thread around here) and she tells a great story filled with good reserch, good characters and good sex. It's not the kind of cheep filth I come to Lit specificlly for:devil: but it's damn good stuff. Though others may argue for sparcer word usage, I think that none of hers are ever wasted- be it a story or a post. Sometimes I feel utterly intimidated by her- and yet she's always freindly and delightful too.

All I can say is that she better not be stunningly beautiful (although I suspect she probably is) or I may have to- well I don't know what, but we just can't have that!;)

So here! here! Three cheers for Colly,

and a birthday toast!

:rose: :rose: :rose:

If anyone looks towards Mississippi from where you are and sees a bright red light in the sky it's me blushing. Thank you SnP, please don't be intimidated by me, I am totally harmless :)

I have never been anything close to beautiful, just a plain girl with red hair and freckles :)

thank you again, I really don't know how to respond. I am not used to such compliments.

*HUGS*

-Colly

Thanks to everyone who stopped in and said hi. I will spend my B-day on the road now thanks to my weather delay, but I will be smiling remembering all of your kind words as I drive.

Love you all,

-Colly

Re: Re: And the award goes to...

Colleen Thomas said:
If anyone looks towards Mississippi from where you are and sees a bright red light in the sky it's me blushing. Thank you SnP, please don't be intimidated by me, I am totally harmless :)

I have never been anything close to beautiful, just a plain girl with red hair and freckles :)

thank you again, I really don't know how to respond. I am not used to such compliments.

*HUGS*

-Colly

There is really no such thing as a 'plain' red head:)

Colleen Thomas said:
I did get it and thank you for the beautiful card. It was so sweet. I don't know what I have done to deserve such great freinds, but I am so thankful for you :)

-Colly
I think SnP explained it pretty well. ;) :kiss:

Happy Birthday, Colly!

I also echo SnP's sentiments. You are an honest, giving and very generous person, the kind of friend we all need. You are certainly someone I look up to and have only admiration for.

All the best, beautiful.

Much love (and a few sneaky kisses ;))

Katie :heart: :kiss: :heart:

Happy Birthday

Hi, Colly.

Today is the 30th, so Happy Birthday. Many happy returns. :heart:

Yo girl

Happy birthday Colly, and here's to many more happy ones.

Happy Birthday, Colly .. You've been a great friend for many years to me *hugs tight* :rose:

raphy said:
Happy Birthday, Colly .. You've been a great friend for many years to me *hugs tight* :rose:

*HUGS*

To have a great friend y9u have to be one Raphy, you know how much Ilove ya. Thanks for the birthday well wishes :)

-Colly

Tatelou said:
Happy Birthday, Colly!

I also echo SnP's sentiments. You are an honest, giving and very generous person, the kind of friend we all need. You are certainly someone I look up to and have only admiration for.

All the best, beautiful.

Much love (and a few sneaky kisses ;))

Katie :heart: :kiss: :heart:

Thanks Lou lou, I think the world of you too and sneaky kisses are the best kind :)

-Colly

Re: Yo girl

pop_54 said:
Happy birthday Colly, and here's to many more happy ones.

Thanks pops :)

Hopefully they will be happier. Driving 21 hours on your B-day kinda puts a damper on things.

*HUGS*

-Colly

And Happy New Year, sweets. Glad you're back.

mucho love, Perdita :kiss:

Damn. Did I miss to post here on the 30th? I'm such a dunce.

So, here is a little late birthday wish from the cake.
:rose:

/Ice

sweetnpetite said:
So how the hell old are ya anyway;) ?

I am 34. Least thats what mom told me. For some reason I thought I was 33. Guess that shows just how much I pay attention as well as being a telling statement on my superior math skills ;)

-Colly

hmmm... I missed the thread! :(

I hope your bday was wonderful in spirit if nothing else. A drive that long can't be fun!

You know what you mean to me. I love you always. :rose:

*hugs & kisses*
~katt~

Colleen Thomas,

Happy (*) Birthday to you.
Happy (*) Birthday dear Collie.

(*) Belated

I have a GREAT singing voice, ideal for Bulletin Boards. :D

And I don't care if Jocko still holds the copywrite, he's got his own troubles.
Let him sue to get his tenth-cent piece from me. ;)

BTW: 34 years :rolleyes:

They have my age stored on two tandem computers.
One Vic-20 alone can't count that high. :(

Back