The Crafting Thread - Show Us What You've Made!

I made a Christmas ornament.

If it looks like it's missing something, it's because the original pattern called for these little white snowflake/star things in the background, and I have nothing even remotely like that in my crafting supplies.

Screenshot_20231018-005239_Gallery.jpg

I made a Christmas ornament.

If it looks like it's missing something, it's because the original pattern called for these little white snowflake/star things in the background, and I have nothing even remotely like that in my crafting supplies.

View attachment 2281065
This is also very cute! I don’t think it’s missing any snowflakes. If you want to add something, maybe eyes or some other typical snowman features. ☺️

I’ve taken a bit of a break from knitting, but made a little progress yesterday. I figured out how to change the color of the yarn without it becoming a loose, awful mess like it did at first… Now I have some holes/loose stitches at where I’ve changed the yarn, but that’s much better than having an entire row of loose stitches. I’m hoping it’ll be fine and I can fix the holes when I’m done with knitting and need to take care of the loose ends of yarn anyway. Whatever that process is called in English… So, fingers crossed there will be no holes/looser stirches, eventually. 😂

One could Google for a good way to change yarn or if the holes are normal, I guess, but where’s the fun in that? I rather experiment and risk losing a sock, if it all unravels.

Attachments

• IMG_9520.jpeg
    IMG_9520.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 7
Two bowls. I tried to get the color showing a bit better so the pics are a bit weird, but they’re basically roundish, shallow bowls.

Attachments

• IMG_9560.jpeg
    IMG_9560.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9561.jpeg
    IMG_9561.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 18
Two bowls. I tried to get the color showing a bit better so the pics are a bit weird, but they’re basically roundish, shallow bowls.

Oh, those are really pretty. Great job, seela! :D

i love the colours and am super impressed that you made a matching set.
They look way beyond what people usually make when they start going to classes.

Oh, those are really pretty. Great job, seela! :D
Thanks!
i love the colours and am super impressed that you made a matching set.
They look way beyond what people usually make when they start going to classes.
To be fair, I only took pics of the two things that turned out okay enough. I also brought home a plate that’s kinda nice in an ugly kind of way, but abandoned the rest of what I made… 😂

For example, I made a bowl for chips with an integrated little mini bowl for dip so that you can have chips and dip and only have to hold a single bowl. It turned out looking like a 5 year old made it, in both construction and especially glazing. I didn’t have enough time to make it neat and tidy before the first firing and then when I glazed it, I tried to make it evenly-ish colored, but because it wasn’t neat and tidy, it ended up looking just so messy that I abandoned it.

If I decide to continue with ceramics at some point, I’ll give the chip and dip bowl another go, because as a concept it seems like something that’s missing in my life. 😂

Thanks!

To be fair, I only took pics of the two things that turned out okay enough. I also brought home a plate that’s kinda nice in an ugly kind of way, but abandoned the rest of what I made… 😂

For example, I made a bowl for chips with an integrated little mini bowl for dip so that you can have chips and dip and only have to hold a single bowl. It turned out looking like a 5 year old made it, in both construction and especially glazing. I didn’t have enough time to make it neat and tidy before the first firing and then when I glazed it, I tried to make it evenly-ish colored, but because it wasn’t neat and tidy, it ended up looking just so messy that I abandoned it.

If I decide to continue with ceramics at some point, I’ll give the chip and dip bowl another go, because as a concept it seems like something that’s missing in my life. 😂
I might go flutter my eyelashes at the 3D printer guy.

I haven't made much lately. Too much other stuff going on. But I've decided that however dumb people might think it is, I'm going to make a holiday/season tree for each holiday/season that comes along because it'll make me happy. I'm going to make the ornaments myself.

So behold, the first thing I've made for my Memorial Day/4th of July/general summertime tree:

20240408_232103.jpg

I haven't made much lately. Too much other stuff going on. But I've decided that however dumb people might think it is, I'm going to make a holiday/season tree for each holiday/season that comes along because it'll make me happy. I'm going to make the ornaments myself.

So behold, the first thing I've made for my Memorial Day/4th of July/general summertime tree:

View attachment 2336474
That is adorable!

I have a little ”tree” to decorate, that I ”made” using dried branches of Corylus avellana 'Contorta'.
They are called ”Snake Hazel” here and look like this:IMG_2171.jpeg
I put them in a big cylindrical vase and filled it with small pebbles made of green and gray glass, to make the whole thing heavy and hold the branches in place.
I have a string light in it and then we add seasonal things for different holidays.

That is adorable!

I have a little ”tree” to decorate, that I ”made” using dried branches of Corylus avellana 'Contorta'.
They are called ”Snake Hazel” here and look like this:View attachment 2336484
I put them in a big cylindrical vase and filled it with small pebbles made of green and gray glass, to make the whole thing heavy and hold the branches in place.
I have a string light in it and then we add seasonal things for different holidays.

Thank you!

I love that idea, with the tree, too. :)

Thank you!

I love that idea, with the tree, too. :)
Thank you!

It lives on a dresser where one drawer holds stuff to decorate with, so it is low threshold to decorate and put away and it still looks good without further deco, if I run out of time and/or steam.

I used to tell myself and others that I really don’t care about that kind of stuff.
It does hold true for the workplace where I question the sanity of those who want to create chore shedules for watering plants, fluffing pillows etc, especially when they scoff at the idea of making me a star chart if I participate.
At home though, I do appreciate having time at least once in a while, to get flowers or get some seasonal decorations up.
I suspect there is some alternate universe where I putter around and make fall wreaths

Seems fitting that it is Harry Potter Day today to share my most recent creation that I finished on Monday this week. My daughter requested Fawkes the Phoenix and I obliged. So, so very happy with the result!

Oh, wow, that is amazing! Did it take a lot of sewing the pieces together? That's the part I'm the worst at. Fantastic job!

Oh, wow, that is amazing! Did it take a lot of sewing the pieces together? That's the part I'm the worst at. Fantastic job!
Thank you so much! I love your summer tree decorations. :) It did take some time to place and sew on the feathers. Sewing and assembly were not my favorite lol. I am not a big fan of making amigurumi in general - I'm more of a shawl and clothing piece crocheter. This project was definitely outside my comfort zone, but the look on my daughter's face when she saw it was worth it!

All the stuff I've made so far for the Summer tree. Gonna make a few more of the stars tonight, then switch to something totally different tomorrow.
Seems fitting that it is Harry Potter Day today to share my most recent creation that I finished on Monday this week. My daughter requested Fawkes the Phoenix and I obliged. So, so very happy with the result!
These are so amazing!!! I wish I had the talent or the patience to learn to make things like that. I still dream of one day crocheting a grub from Hollow Knight, because they’re the best.

My latest friend group arts outing was an alcohol ink class. I made many shitty things because I’m not very good at artsy, but I had lots of fun nevertheless and I did get better towards the end. Eventually I managed to make this little thing that I liked enough to actually frame it.

Attachments

• IMG_1425.jpeg
    IMG_1425.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 7
These are so amazing!!! I wish I had the talent or the patience to learn to make things like that. I still dream of one day crocheting a grub from Hollow Knight, because they’re the best.

My latest friend group arts outing was an alcohol ink class. I made many shitty things because I’m not very good at artsy, but I had lots of fun nevertheless and I did get better towards the end. Eventually I managed to make this little thing that I liked enough to actually frame it.
That is beautiful! I love the blend of colors. Painting like that is fun because there are so many ways to interpret what shape it takes on.

I had to look up that grub and it is cute! I found several crochet versions and they look fairly simple to make with basic skills in crochet. I hope you get to make it one day.

Ooh, very pretty!

Back