The Official Authors' Hangout Summer Lovin' 2024 Contest Support Thread

I have found, the more fun they are to write, the better the story is. Then it's always great to find people love the characters as much as you do :)
There's always exceptions. I really like the characters in my story, but I don't think the mature category readers liked the concept I wrote. 😕

Never mind. It was good fun to write.

Oh, and Melissa... Loved your story. Very descriptive. 😎

Mine got rejected for the AI thing twice, though I wrote everything myself. Autocorrect in Word has always been off but I double checked everything, so I will try again after some more editing. I'm determined not to give up but I really don't know what else I can do if it's rejected a third time. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong either, my other stories are approved on the first try within hours and go live 2 days later.

Mine got rejected for the AI thing twice, though I wrote everything myself. Autocorrect in Word has always been off but I double checked everything, so I will try again after some more editing. I'm determined not to give up but I really don't know what else I can do if it's rejected a third time. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong either, my other stories are approved on the first try within hours and go live 2 days later.
Put a note in the "notes to Admin" box that it is all your brains work, and not AI. Ask for Laurel to give it a quick scan herself.

That seems to work.

Sorry don't know why - link does not send to the story but to the one I sent for Nude Day - anybody knows why? Maybe I should wait for it to be approved first...

Buckshot Ranch is in. I'll post a link when it's published.

"Out of the mists of primordial times comes a stunning revelation.

The blood of an ancient race still flows in some humans, granting them remarkable abilities with animals. Julie, while on vacation at a working ranch, clashes with Charlie’s old-school ranching ideas.

They fight like cats and dogs until her strange, otherworldly display tears apart Charlie’s understanding of the normal world.

Stunned and fascinated by the inexplicable events he’d witnessed, Charlie comes to a whole new paradigm. Nothing in life prepared him for Julie and her unique powers.

Is there more between them? Are they battling an attraction as others seemed to think, or are they destined to fight forever?"

No Author-72dpi-1500x2000 (3).jpg

Help - my story was sent back with the question "Was there an underage (under 18 years old) sexual relationship in my story?"
I use the term "boys" and "girls" in the story to refer to young adults at university. I took the precautionary measure of adding In the notes to Admin, "Please note that all characters are over 18 - terms 'boys' and 'girls' in the text refer to young adults above 19." apart from "SUMMER LOVIN 2024".
In the story itself, it is clear that all the characters are above 18 since they are all from university.
What can I do?

Help - my story was sent back with the question "Was there an underage (under 18 years old) sexual relationship in my story?"
I use the term "boys" and "girls" in the story to refer to young adults at university. I took the precautionary measure of adding In the notes to Admin, "Please note that all characters are over 18 - terms 'boys' and 'girls' in the text refer to young adults above 19." apart from "SUMMER LOVIN 2024".
In the story itself, it is clear that all the characters are above 18 since they are all from university.
What can I do?
It's easy to miss something yourself. Read through it carefully again, and preferably get someone else to have a look. Look for mentions of high school, flashbacks, the word teenagers, and if they could be misinterpreted.

Then resubmit with a note that your beta reader "insert name here" and yourself have rechecked and its ok.

Good luck.

It's easy to miss something yourself. Read through it carefully again, and preferably get someone else to have a look. Look for mentions of high school, flashbacks, the word teenagers, and if they could be misinterpreted.

Then resubmit with a note that your beta reader "insert name here" and yourself have rechecked and its ok.

Good luck.
thank you

Tiafell’s Day Off is now live!

It features characters from my main story but other than that, it has nothing to do with the canon of the series itself. It’s a humorous summer-themed side-story and admittedly a chance for me to put my femboy elf in a bikini, I couldn’t pass this chance up!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, ratings and comments are welcome!

Well, that's it... It's out of my hands now...
I've pressed the publish button and once again I'm late to the party...
Certainly not intentional as life (and death) got in the way, as well as the usual amount of angst and writer's doubts...

I've not dared look at the list until now and I'm glad I did leave it so long...
Once more Summer Lovin has attracted some great stories, authors and volume...

Good luck to one and all...

So, today is the final day for submissions. I think that means the contest has ended and now the site does a "sweep" and votes are tallied to be announced next week. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to do the sweep? Thank you and good luck to all!!!

So, today is the final day for submissions. I think that means the contest has ended and now the site does a "sweep" and votes are tallied to be announced next week. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to do the sweep? Thank you and good luck to all!!!
There will most likely be several sweeps, the final shortly before the winners are posted.

Back