The SH*T Thread so all the Trolls can see it

I checked amazon.com and they have it used for around $5. I'm going to get it. :)

Miss Oatlash said:
Eve,

Did you ever read Confessions of a Failed Southern Lady by Florence King? One of my favorites!!! I think you'd love it.

"A tenth-generation Virginian who grew up in and around the District of Columbia, she details the Southern obsession with femininity and lady-hood (though her father was an English-born bartender-musician and reader of books, and her mother a salty baseball lover). She also recalls hating children (nearly all others as well as any prospect of bearing her own), stalking sex with men and falling in love with women, and the oddities of pre-civil rights sex and race relations at the University of Mississippi where she attended grad school. An utterly hilarious and refreshing memoir."

WickedEve said:
I checked amazon.com and they have it used for around $5. I'm going to get it. :)

You'll laugh your ass off.

You might also want to read Southern Ladies and Gentlemen. One of my favorite chapters is about the 'self-rejuvenating virgin'. This is the Southern girl who always claims to be a virgin, cuz afterall, it doesn't count if you do it in the back seat of a car.

:kiss:

Hey, I got trolled! He even accused me of plagiarism! I feel like a real poet now.
:D

The Mutt said:
Hey, I got trolled! He even accused me of plagiarism! I feel like a real poet now.
Was it "trolly"? Which poem? I want details. :D

WickedEve said:
Was it "trolly"? Which poem? I want details. :D
Some anonymous dweeb (evidence points to Scott X) got pissed off because I bested him in a debate on the political threads. Next thing I know I get 1 bombed on the poem and story in my sig line. I deleted the comment on the poem because it accused me of plagiarism. If it was just a pan I would have left it, like I did with the one on the story. He said I should be ashamed of plagiarizing and being unoriginal.

He also called me a fuckwit. How original.

The Mutt said:
Some anonymous dweeb (evidence points to Scott X) got pissed off because I bested him in a debate on the political threads. Next thing I know I get 1 bombed on the poem and story in my sig line. I deleted the comment on the poem because it accused me of plagiarism. If it was just a pan I would have left it, like I did with the one on the story. He said I should be ashamed of plagiarizing and being unoriginal.

scottx aka scottzilla

The Mutt said:
you left me nasty comments and pm'd me first. Dont accuse people without having proof. I wonder how many threads you'll start about this situation. :rolleyes:

Scott X said:
you left me nasty comments and pm'd me first. Dont accuse people without having proof. I wonder how many threads you'll start about this situation. :rolleyes:
You said in your PM you were going to put me on ignore. Please do.

Scott X
01-21-2005 10:09 AM This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

The Mutt said:

Oh. Well, I thought there was a name with the comment and not anon. It could be this person, but you have no way of knowing, so I'm sorry that my reply encouraged you to post a name.
The reason I asked about it is because I got a "trolly" comment, which wasn't bad, but I'm being cautious. I realize this person doesn't seem to like me or my poetry. That's fine. But too is much is going on right now for me to deal with harassment, which may or not happen. I just hope he keeps the comments directed at my words and not at me and other poets. :)

The Mutt said:

"Fuckwit" — I like that.
But that you ain't, my friend.

The Mutt said:
You said in your PM you were going to put me on ignore. Please do.
I see you are denying the claims. Figures. This all started because we disagreed on a political viewpoint, are you that intolerant of others opinions?

Scott X said:
I see you are denying the claims. Figures. This all started because we disagreed on a political viewpoint, are you that intolerant of others opinions?
Opinions, yes. Vandalism, no.
I could post the first PM you sent, but you would just claim I had editted it. Don't you have homework or something? Isn't Scooby Doo on?
:rolleyes:

The Mutt said:
Opinions, yes. Vandalism, no.
I could post the first PM you sent, but you would just claim I had editted it. Don't you have homework or something? Isn't Scooby Doo on?
:rolleyes:
go ahead, post the pm. You dont want opinions on your writings, you want praise. Well, there are some who aren't afraid to give their criticism and if you cant handle it.....dont post anything.

*deep sigh*

I'm not sure of the particulars of the current 'hubbub' and don't want to know.

Thing that strikes me is, that among intelligent individuals (and all the posts I've seen in this thread seem intelligent), there ought to be a more amicable way to discuss differences of opinion.

It can be difficult to clarify and distinguish opinions from facts, but that perhaps ought to be done as well. "Poetry" and "posting" wars should be put at rest. Agree to disagree... we all have to bend our knees when we shit.

I'm reasonably sure that we're all kind to children...

Losuy Spilelng Jotsifiutican for My Etiroc Tlae

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd

waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan

mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde

Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the

ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is

taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you

can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae

the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,

but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I

awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

Re: Losuy Spilelng Jotsifiutican for My Etiroc Tlae

Cloo! The olny one that therw me was "uesdnatnrd"-- the rset was a picee of ckae!
Reltne said:

Re: Losuy Spilelng Jotsifiutican for My Etiroc Tlae

Reltne said:

Weird how easy that was to read.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Losuy Spilelng Jotsifiutican for My Etiroc Tlae

WickedEve said:
What? I don't understand a word.

you're a blonde aren't you??
:p

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Losuy Spilelng Jotsifiutican for My Etiroc Tlae

Tathagata said:
you're a blonde aren't you??
:p
None of me is blonde. Okay, I color my hair but it's originally some shade of brown. I have pale, almost blonde skin. Does that count?

Back