The wonderful noises Women and Men make

I am totally with Dr M in this..I for one quite like seeing the odd "ooh,ahh oh yes right there" sort of thing. For me it gives depth and reality to a sex scene.

However i do agree it ss often over done.....but how many extra letters is a letter to far? can we accept oooooh? or is it too long?

I have read all repsonses, and believe that it is the author and his/her style that will determine the format of the sounds. How vivid does the description of sounds make it for them?

Whether real, or created images, the author feels the part, visualizes the scene, and puts these images to paper.

I find reading different authors makes interesting how they describe the scenes, and the action involved.

Through in dripping sweat, hot, humid, slippery skin, and you have a sex scene for the mind.

Mtn

Typing and talking business at the same time!

Please edit last paragraph to

"Throw in.........

Mtn

Why try to come up with various sounds. Each of us is different and responds differently to a similar situation.

Let the reader imagine what the sounds are - moans and cries are just fine.

It's rather similar to not really describing in detail what a particular character looks like, unless the description is something that is really necessary for the plot.

If I write, "She was good looking, blond, about 5'7", and 36 DD breasts." Then you have what my impression of a good looking blond might be.

However, you might be turned on by women with smaller, more pert breasts. What I described might do actually nothing for you, and possibly detract from the story.

So if you write instead, "She was blond and good looking, about an inch shorter/taller than I am, with breasts and a figure to die for." Then you can fill in the gaps with your own imagination, and the woman comes more alive for you.

Same thing with sounds - let the reader's imagination fill in the blanks - and please don't use the long drawn out Oooohhhhs and Aaaahhhs. I almost always quit reading if I see those as they are a complete turn off for me.

*applauds MG*

I don't like the characters to talk very much during orgasm. They may moan or groan or grunt or yell or scream or squeal, but they don't get to actually say anything, I just describe how they're feeling. I'm not much for transcripts.

This made me think. I used letters strung together when I first started posting here (and lots of the cliches too) now when I read them I can see they aren't what I like. I rarely use them any more except perhaps sibilants.

In my contest entry (still not posted yet and definitely time now for The Question) I have deliberately used a phrase often and by different characters throughout the entire length of the piece.

"Haaahahahaaaaaaaa."

It took me until quite near the end to decide the exact sequence and number of vowels to use and is as close as I could come to the sound I wanted. I went back to the begininning and edited each occurence to fit.

No context.

Being taken up the arse? No. Shortly after a cock is pulled from a gob for the facial shot? No. The breathy chugging sound made whilst being pounded? No.

Answer: Witches Cackle.

I think my point here is: Whatever the sound is that you want, it's unlikely to read the same as it sounds in your head.

Gauche

Enamored said:
So if you write instead, "She was blond and good looking, about an inch shorter/taller than I am, with breasts and a figure to die for." Then you can fill in the gaps with your own imagination, and the woman comes more alive for you.

Same thing with sounds - let the reader's imagination fill in the blanks - and please don't use the long drawn out Oooohhhhs and Aaaahhhs. I almost always quit reading if I see those as they are a complete turn off for me.

I quit reading when I see "to die for". It's the modern equivalent of "really stacked".

---dr.M.

gauchecritic said:
"Haaahahahaaaaaaaa."

Whatever the sound is that you want, it's unlikely to read the same as it sounds in your head.
Hey, Gauche. One of the few people on the planet whom I loathe close to murderous fantasy actually cackles, laughs exactly as I always thought a cackle would sound. I think you're missing an 'a', but then you haven't heard this woman (virago, shrew, harridan, harypy, hag, scold, gorgon).

Re. your last statement the only serious composer I ever knew used to say the same thing. He lived to have his music played (from quartets to symphonic pieces) but it never sounded the way it sounded in his head.

Perdita

dr_mabeuse said:
I quit reading when I see "to die for". It's the modern equivalent of "really stacked".

---dr.M.

I'm with you on this one although for a different reason. The reason being I've never met a single person who's figure I'd die for. Maybe that's just me.

Words mean different things

dr_mabeuse said:

---dr.M.

But for me, the same words might well be, in fact are, indicative of a woman who has small, firm breasts.

Perhaps my choice of examples was a bit off.

*Reads* hmmmmm

Well I can't say I don't agree, because to reaffirm, I am not one for "Oh, ah, right there, yes!"

I remember the worst story I read here *title annonymous for authors sake* I read one line, the italics are what went through my mind.

"I hit her g-spot with the force of the big bang and ripped her in half, launching the halves into the solar system, never to be seen again " Now, This finished about 14 other g spot slamming analogies that all were too fast and too hard to be possible, or enjoyable.

I hate this story because it's just wrong, in all reality, it's very hard to hit the G-spot head on with your cock, and even when you do, you can't repeatedly, you have to re-adjust. I prefer simple clit massaging, so much easier to do.

*Grinning mischeviously*
-Medi-

Medieval-Man said:
.. it's very hard to hit the G-spot head on with your cock, and even when you do, you can't repeatedly, you have to re-adjust. I prefer simple clit massaging, so much easier to do.
I can't believe you're only 18. Smart boy. Rachel is so missing out.

Perdita :heart:

Back