Try on a new Lit. persona

I tried a stint as DurtGurl with Math as co-authors..

But I don't know if I'm up to being such a girl, woman, whatever. Too many different thought processes conflicting with each other for me take on that personification I think. And besides it took a long time for me to integrate this site in my present name. LOL

As Always
I Am the
Dirt man

whispering_surrender said:
I'm the last to figure the obvious stuff out....you want me to do this no hints?!?

Whisper :rose:

LOL, No hints, just know that I am human and tend to make mistakes and could easily foul myself up here and almost did using my other name. Being careful not to post too close together and all that it might be interesting to see how long I can string this on for.

Continuing the threadjack...

perdita said:
Then I decided I wanted to read Pushkin in Russian so I took a year at night-school (got A's because the teacher 'showed' me the structure of the language).
*boggle* You just keep impressing me more and more. I only learned to read Russian because I adore Russian history and knew I was going to go on to grad school in it. The language still gives me fits, but after a recent, er, life epiphany, I find that I can now read it quickly. (I know, that sounds really odd.) Tell me...how do you find Pushkin in Russian? I've only read him in Russian for a class, but I thought his stories did hold more power in the original.

One thing that moved me to tears was a bio. I read of Carl Faberge, the creator of the some of the most beautiful things ever made on this earth.
I count myself as very lucky to have gotten to see a number of Faberge's beautiful creations. If you are ever in the Richmond, Virginia area, go to the Virginia Museum. It holds the largest collection of Faberge in the world (IIRC). Simple gorgeous. And don't get me started on what the Soviets did to works of art...and churches (in themselves works of art)...and...

Too, I have a good idea, merely through reading, of the state of things at the time of the rev., and I know Nicolai II was a pitifully inept emporer, but he was a fine husband and father, and I feel such sorrow at how the family was murdered all together.
Yes. Poor man. If you haven't read them yet, pick of copies of both of Robert Massie's books. Nicholas and Alexandra and The Last of the Romanovs. As a "real" historian, I tend to poo-poo "popular" histories, but those are both excellent and well worth reading. The first one is historically inaccurate, because of the lack of data, but Massie corrects a lot of the problems in the second book (written after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the opening of Ekaterinburg/Sverdlovsk - the city where they were murdered - to visitors).

Erm. I'm gonna stop my babbling threadjack here and send Perdita a PM with More. ;)

shereads said:
Okay, Og or Earl can be Steed but I get to be Mrs. Peel. I always thought they should have "done it." Patrick McNee was so sexy when he slashed the bad guys with the spear that popped out of his umbrella.

I still have my umbrella with the steel insert but it sets off airport X-ray machines. Now where did I put the reinforced bowler?

Thanks for the offers for help with my new identity but that might defeat the object. I want to be anonymous and if I were "helped" someone would know, and once someone knows, everyone gets to know.

What I do need is advice on a career of deceit. How do I sign in to Lit on two identities when my machine defaults to the last one?

Any suggestions apart from deleting all cookies every time? I like some of my cookies.

Og

PS Of course Mrs.Peel did it but off screen. It is a dated series. Now they would do it in technicolor with freeze-frame and close up.

Og, or whoever

Go to user cp, select 'edit options', turn off 'auto log in with cookies'.

That should allow you to log in as a different identity.

Will's (always himself)

I always use Internet Explorer with this username, never log out.

I also have Netscape installed, though, and that's what I use when I want to login with a different username. They use different sets of cookies, so I can always use both at the same time.

Wills said:
Og, or whoever

Go to user cp, select 'edit options', turn off 'auto log in with cookies'.

That should allow you to log in as a different identity.

Will's (always himself)

Thanks, Will's. Now I can start a career of deceit.

Og, or whoever.

Back