UK members

Re: hiya

LorriLove said:
oxford honey, and no body much comes here except under duress either mg:D

Oxford eh? I know a pirate from Oxford. Any relation?

Gauche

Edited to include: Yeah right. Same country, must be related. For fucks sake.:rolleyes:

Re: Re: hiya

gauchecritic said:
Oxford eh? I know a pirate from Oxford. Any relation?

Gauche

close neighbours honey, but not close enough just at this time, i'm working on it, giggle.

luv lorri xxxxxxxx

TheEarl said:
I thought Meriden was the geographical centre of England.
I think it's the semantics of "centre".

It's been a while since 1951, but if I remember rightly, Trowell was the farthest it is possible to get from the high water mark of the sea while on the UK mainland.

I also believe Meriden's claim is that if you cut out a map of England (not UK) from some flat material of negligible thickness, but finite weight, then Meriden is at the centre of gravity of the resulting body. I don't know if they include Wales in that, and as for the Isle of Wight?

Re: Centre

Rainbow Skin said:
I thought it was Ashby-de-la-Zouch?
Isn't that the mid point of a journey from Meriden to Trowell? This could go on for ever, like arguing about the smallest pub in England.

On the other hand I am reliably informed that Batley is the centre of the universe.

Gauche

gauchecritic said:
On the other hand I am reliably informed that Batley is the centre of the universe.

Gauche

Which universe would that be?

Is it the twin town of Metropolis, or Barsoom?

Og

The. Used to refer to a particular person or thing, of common knowledge. The universe. Like The Open.

I didn't say it was. Someone told me and I have no reason to disbelieve them. Unless you take ' the universe' as a geo-cosmological referent rather than a mostly subjective philosophical place. In which case I'm acutely aware that it is in a distant arm of a galaxy amongst miriad others. But even then it's not impossible.

Gauche

gauchecritic said:

Gauche

*BLINK*

Who on earth told you that!!

Batley isn't

Wakefield is!!

*giggles*

Back