Underage Characters In Erotic Stories

Obviously, this really only applies to longer narratives and not to stroke stories, but here's the topic question: have you, or would you, ever add(ed) underage characters to your stories?
I have occasionally written flashback scenes to where the main characters were underage, but those scenes have no sexual content whatsoever. A few other stories feature characters who have children, but again, those children are nowhere to be seen when things turn hot.

Greetings. A new user with a couple of thoughts asking for feedback:

I used to be a reader of lit-stories many years ago. Inspired by some of them, I decided to start writing a series myself.
As I have chosen to go the rough way and write fictional incest (can it be tougher for starters?) I was already wondering, whether or not involving regular 'flashbacks' to younger days of the characters would be allowed.

Let me be very clear: there will not be any sexual interaction between characters under 18.
I would personally dislike that and intend not to bother myself, lit or any of its readers with that.

However, due to me wanting to write a longer, ongoing series of multiple chapters with defined and growing characters and setup, I have come to the conclusion that my story will need character development through a slow introductional chapter that excludes explicit erotic interaction among characters, yet include first seeds for motives. I have yet to decide, whether or not situations like "accidentally caught in the shower" are worthful utilities within the story.
Having that said, the chapters will always be starting by fictional dates (which I intend to use regularly within longer chapters as well), the fact that characters are 18+ will be determined within the story and in remarks before each chapter. I clearly intend to point out the "current" age of characters within the story, not at last because birthdays are briefly (or intentionally elaborated) means to progress the story.

Regardless, due to the vast amount of work and freetime that will be put into such an ongoing series of chapters, I, of course, would like the opinion of lit and it's users. Does my approach seem to be sensible?

I would seriously regret spending a lot of time and effort in writing my first story, just to see it never being published for others to enjoy (or criticize) due to potential lack of attention on lit's rules, my unawareness of content-guideline-customs or any such problem that ought to be avoided before even beginning to write.

Nonetheless, I believe my story would also/therefore benefit from the ongoing storytelling that, is it meant to be taken as something more than a plain hip-shaking-festival, lives and develops through memories and timelines before actual sexual encounters (which yes, will happen later in the timeline. It is lit after all) despite an ongoing timeline of the story (for everyones sake, naturally).

As one of the main characters in my story would point out:
There is no point in being an Entertainer, if there is nobody to be entertained.

I would therefore (yes, I sometimes conclude 😅) be very appreciative towards any feedback, suggestions and further information that helps me to determine, whether or not I can even publish (as writing in itself is not the immediate problem) such a story here, independent on my resolve, not to write sexual interaction of minors.

Thankfully, Smiling Patience

Write it as you want it, submit it, and see if it flies. If it doesn't and you want it published at Lit., redo it to fit. Just do it; users can't tell you what hypotheticals will work or not unless the given scenario is clear concerning the sex angle (e.g., many coming here with questions like this don't realize that voyeurism is a sex act and/or that fantasizing about explicit sex is a sex act). That's what I've done, and the original has been published as originally written, even if there's been an exchange with what the editor thought might be there that wasn't. And, yes, I've gotten stories through where a character is set up for sex before they've turned 18.

It is amusing that the plot to Strauss' Der Rosenkavalier would not likely be acceptable. The curtain opens on the Marschallin in bed with her seventeen-year-old lover, and cousin, as morning comes, with the preceding overture implying a night of passionate love. If you've ever heard the overture, he's portrayed by the horns, with the violins for her :oops:

What makes if fun is the gender-bender of having a mezzo-soprano in the trouser-role of her lover!

Greetings. A new user with a couple of thoughts asking for feedback:

I used to be a reader of lit-stories many years ago. Inspired by some of them, I decided to start writing a series myself.
As I have chosen to go the rough way and write fictional incest (can it be tougher for starters?) I was already wondering, whether or not involving regular 'flashbacks' to younger days of the characters would be allowed.

Let me be very clear: there will not be any sexual interaction between characters under 18.
I would personally dislike that and intend not to bother myself, lit or any of its readers with that.

However, due to me wanting to write a longer, ongoing series of multiple chapters with defined and growing characters and setup, I have come to the conclusion that my story will need character development through a slow introductional chapter that excludes explicit erotic interaction among characters, yet include first seeds for motives. I have yet to decide, whether or not situations like "accidentally caught in the shower" are worthful utilities within the story.
Having that said, the chapters will always be starting by fictional dates (which I intend to use regularly within longer chapters as well), the fact that characters are 18+ will be determined within the story and in remarks before each chapter. I clearly intend to point out the "current" age of characters within the story, not at last because birthdays are briefly (or intentionally elaborated) means to progress the story.

Regardless, due to the vast amount of work and freetime that will be put into such an ongoing series of chapters, I, of course, would like the opinion of lit and it's users. Does my approach seem to be sensible?

I would seriously regret spending a lot of time and effort in writing my first story, just to see it never being published for others to enjoy (or criticize) due to potential lack of attention on lit's rules, my unawareness of content-guideline-customs or any such problem that ought to be avoided before even beginning to write.

Nonetheless, I believe my story would also/therefore benefit from the ongoing storytelling that, is it meant to be taken as something more than a plain hip-shaking-festival, lives and develops through memories and timelines before actual sexual encounters (which yes, will happen later in the timeline. It is lit after all) despite an ongoing timeline of the story (for everyones sake, naturally).

As one of the main characters in my story would point out:

I would therefore (yes, I sometimes conclude 😅) be very appreciative towards any feedback, suggestions and further information that helps me to determine, whether or not I can even publish (as writing in itself is not the immediate problem) such a story here, independent on my resolve, not to write sexual interaction of minors.

Hi!

As long as nothing sexual occurs when the underage characters are present, I think your approach is fine, but for obvious reasons I'd save any "caught in the shower" scenes for when the characters are 18+. The full clarification of the rule is below (you can read the original post here):
For clarification and future reference: we do allow characters under the age of 18 in stories. What we don't allow are stories in which characters under the age of 18 are involved in sexual situations. This includes as voyeurs, as the object of a voyeur, masturbation, having sexual thoughts, and so on.

We do allow references to past activity in stories so long as it is not explicit. For example, an adult character referencing his or her history - "I lost my virginity when I was 15" - is fine. Explicit and/or salacious details are not.
Ultimately, it's up to Laurel and Manu (Literotica's admins) to decide on a case by case basis whether a situation passes muster. If they do reject your submission, don't take it personally. You can always make the appropriate changes and resubmit.

Best of luck with your stories!

Kasumi Lee

Ultimately, it's up to Laurel and Manu (Literotica's admins) to decide on a case by case basis whether a situation passes muster. If they do reject your submission, don't take it personally. You can always make the appropriate changes and resubmit.
I don't think Manu has anything to do with the story submission contents.

The more you bang on about their teen years, the more you start pushing the line. One or two sentences, simple statements with no embroidery, will get you by; twenty-two sentences, not so much.

Sorry for the delayed reply - and thank you very much for the feedback.
I feel somewhat reassured that my intentions will be in line with the rules.
Now all there is left to do, is find some time to actually write. Looking forward to it! :)

I ran into this in a recent story. I had a paragraph where I alluded to siblings playing "you show me yours, and I'll show you mine" as children. Nothing happened because they were interrupted by a parent, but I was asked to remove it, anyway. It was a minor plot point, so I did and resubmitted. I thought it strange because nothing was described, and nothing happened.

Hah, I'm just writing a story, with a particular fetish that is not really sexual, and it involves a couple failed attempts, including one with a late teen (think 16-17, somewhere at the latter half of high school). Since it doesn't actually succeeds, and she gets in no compromised situation, and the fetish is "innocent" in the first place, I'll be curious if it gets thrown back or not.

Hah, I'm just writing a story, with a particular fetish that is not really sexual, and it involves a couple failed attempts, including one with a late teen (think 16-17, somewhere at the latter half of high school). Since it doesn't actually succeeds, and she gets in no compromised situation, and the fetish is "innocent" in the first place, I'll be curious if it gets thrown back or not.
You are being a bit coy about what exactly is going on, but 'fetish with 16 yo' isnt going to fly here whatever it is and however much it succeeded.

You are being a bit coy about what exactly is going on, but 'fetish with 16 yo' isnt going to fly here whatever it is and however much it succeeded.
I disagree, but we'll see. I don't know how much problem the censor can find in a girl going home and having dinner with her family.

I've read plenty of stories here with underaged characters, kids of the main protagonists or whatnot. Usually when the story tries to include them too much, it tends to hit the brakes on the story plot and veer into character development. Trying to humanize the tough solo guy by being nice and attentive to the kiddos. Sometimes it works, more often than not it feels like pandering to the stigmas (as when the scene that makes the new partner "see" the main character in a new light.)

I don't mind a story that starts with the characters underaged but then progresses to them finding each other again later in life.

Disingenuous attempts to find and exploit gray areas in the underage rule is why the rest of us have to be nervous about including underage characters at all.

Disingenuous attempts to find and exploit gray areas in the underage rule is why the rest of us have to be nervous about including underage characters at all.
Defensive much? You should reread my post and understand that is not at all what I'm doing. Or not, you can just get outraged :) This is a kink site, who am I to shame you for whatever rocks your boat.

Defensive much? You should reread my post and understand that is not at all what I'm doing. Or not, you can just get outraged :) This is a kink site, who am I to shame you for whatever rocks your boat.
You're the one talking about a fetish and 16-17yos. Sure, you've said the fetish is 'innocent', but seeing as a fetish is 'a form of sexual desire', the fetishiser will be seeing the person innocently portraying the fetish in a sexual light.

The teenager could be totally innocently eating her meal, but if someone has a fetish for people slurping their spaghetti and is getting off on it, I can't see that being accepted in a Lit story, even if the watcher keeps their mouth shut and behaves themselves and doesn't inflict their fetish on the person unknowingly providing fodder for it.

I disagree, but we'll see. I don't know how much problem the censor can find in a girl going home and having dinner with her family.

No one can answer without more details. If you wrote a foot fetish story about a 16 year old girl playing with her feet, or even thinking about playing with her feet, it could get rejected.

You're the one talking about a fetish and 16-17yos. Sure, you've said the fetish is 'innocent', but seeing as a fetish is 'a form of sexual desire', the fetishiser will be seeing the person innocently portraying the fetish in a sexual light.
No one can answer without more details.
The last "victim" of my story: https://www.literotica.com/s/11-minutes-of-bliss
I switched it out to a university student because it worked better that way (there are no real boarding schools in the region where I placed the story) and I didn't want to have it rejected in case it's too much.
If I were left as a highschooler, the very last part about the panties wouldn't have happened.

Do you think this would have been "too much"?

The last "victim" of my story: https://www.literotica.com/s/11-minutes-of-bliss
I switched it out to a university student because it worked better that way (there are no real boarding schools in the region where I placed the story) and I didn't want to have it rejected in case it's too much.
If I were left as a highschooler, the very last part about the panties wouldn't have happened.

Do you think this would have been "too much"?
Highschool is its own subdivision of the underage topic.

There are people here who claim its underage and shouldn't be placing any stories in that setting. There is one that at one point claimed they weren't even allowed (search High School and see how many hits you get for that answer).

A senior in high school can be 18 and that's the premise most people are writing, so like any other story if you establish the character is 18, you don't have to worry.

If it's vital that the character be 16, for whatever reason, you can always post it over on Lush. They have a lower limit of 16, but they're VERY strict about it; I had to change a reference in a story about a character being on birth control since she got her period to "since she was 16," for example.

I agree that fetishes can be... weird, in this case. Most people develop phobias and philias at a relatively young age, and if you want to dig into "oh, hey, I've had a thing for clowns (or whatever) all my life, and here's why," it's hard to do so effectively on here, even if it's a relatively innocent triggering incident.

I agree that fetishes can be... weird, in this case. Most people develop phobias and philias at a relatively young age, and if you want to dig into "oh, hey, I've had a thing for clowns (or whatever) all my life, and here's why," it's hard to do so effectively on here, even if it's a relatively innocent triggering incident.
I've stopped trying to make the point but that is my point. I write autobiographical stories. I'd like to be able to give context to my behaviour and not jusy have people assume that someone pressed 'slut' on my remote control then took out the batteries.

I was groomed online and abused at an age I'm not allowed to mention. That had a major impact on my sexuality. But heaven forbid we ever have a serious discussion about anything like that. Shit, nobody's even allowed to admit that they masturbated before they were 18. Which of course none of us did.

Back