"Up Front" UPDATES

Good!

It's pretty much just you and me on here anyway. LOL
If it weren’t for you perpetually trying to get the party started I wouldn’t be here either.
You’re the only one with any initiative.

It paid off!!!!!
getting one person to reply every now and then is your idea of it paying off? You’re easy to please and I’m happy to oblige!
I’ve had a lot of fun with the font colors and options since you taught me how to change them, by the way, as you’ve already noticed, so it goes without saying, that I enjoy these options, and that I can write a sentence with so many phrases, all of which are not only unnecessary, but Our meaningless, that is to say, they from whatever point I was trying to make , that I don’t even know where the sentence started or how to concluded it, that being said, which, by the way is an expression which is way overused in my opinion, anyway, that being said, I’ll say no more .

Three new images today.

One, being a pet peeve of mine — an image claimed as an oil painting, which is not.
Checking the other images by the same person — they are all digital filters applied to photos and labeld as either oil painting or pencil/charcoal drawings.

Just label them what they are!

Three new images today.

One, being a pet peeve of mine — an image claimed as an oil painting, which is not.
Checking the other images by the same person — they are all digital filters applied to photos and labeld as either oil painting or pencil/charcoal drawings.

Just label them what they are!
I agree - I always wonder if it is an attempt at wilful deception, or just ignorance, or maybe its just that (in today's brave new world) as they say it is an oil painting then we must believe them.

I agree - I always wonder if it is an attempt at wilful deception, or just ignorance, or maybe its just that (in today's brave new world) as they say it is an oil painting then we must believe them.

Some of each , I reckon.

Some folk seem to believe that using digital tools that are labeled "oil paint" makes it so. Nope.

At best, it is digital painting. More often it is simply a filter applied, which mimics (poorly, tho' getting more convincing) oil painting.

Some of each , I reckon.

Some folk seem to believe that using digital tools that are labeled "oil paint" makes it so. Nope.

At best, it is digital painting. More often it is simply a filter applied, which mimics (poorly, tho' getting more convincing) oil painting.
You are very right re digital works pawned off as oil paintings. It is the difference between fine art and illustration. Fine art speaks for itself. Illustration is usually work for mass reproduction and only requires appearance with the usual copyright distinctions. In any case, I can make several changes and submit for the client's approval. It saves time and expensive materials; a win win situation. The filters are for people who want to make something appear to be fine art etc .

You are very right re digital works pawned off as oil paintings. It is the difference between fine art and illustration. Fine art speaks for itself. Illustration is usually work for mass reproduction and only requires appearance with the usual copyright distinctions. In any case, I can make several changes and submit for the client's approval. It saves time and expensive materials; a win win situation. The filters are for people who want to make something appear to be fine art etc .

I disagree with that comparison of fine art to illustration. Illustration can be fine art, just as fine art can be illustrative.
Illustration, in its best form, can speak for itself. Just as fine art, though typically presented without text, sometimes needs it.

Regardless of all that, I feel that one should not mislabel (misrepresent) what is presented. An oil painting is painted with oil. A digital painting is a digital painting, with no oil (or bristly brushes, or turpentine) involved.

Back on track.
I submitted another just now.

An actual pencil drawing, from imagination, on paper.
(naturally — for those who may quibble — it is scanned into my laptop, to become a digital entity. As are any images seen on a digital devise)

3 new works (1 post has two versions)

I'd have to reveiw the guidelines though —

I forget if it is ok to post illustrations that are drawn for you, but not by you?
There may be a loop hole with illustrated stories... maybe.

In this instance, credit is given, which is a MUST. Just not certain about the rules.

I received an email from the author of that piece:

"I know that my 'oil painting' is not a real oil painting, but Literotica does not allow filtered photos on here, so I had to pretend it was genuine. Why do you want to draw attention to that? I just want to publish what I want. I like your art, by the way".

I received an email from the author of that piece:

"I know that my 'oil painting' is not a real oil painting, but Literotica does not allow filtered photos on here, so I had to pretend it was genuine. Why do you want to draw attention to that? I just want to publish what I want. I like your art, by the way".

I get that. Literotica has their rules. I would not mind (as much) if everyone could post and there were separate categories and labels.

The general viewing public is largely ignorant and becoming more so, with misrepresentation.

Back