Up Your Vocabulary with MG - A Daily Contribution

Final Edition!

Dear Perdita,
I was familiar with the term and use it in conversation daily. Thank you for bringing it up, though. I'm sure there are many who will benefit from your efforts.
MG

yo-yo knickers n. Bike; loose woman; woman whose knickers go up and down fast

york v. echoism To vomit. See also call Huey or Ralph.

zaftig adj. Juicy. Buxom. Ideal comedy German alliterating adjective to prefix zeps (qv).

zig-a-zig ahhhh! echoism To have a bloody good wank watching a Spice Girls video.

zipperfish n. Penis; trouser trout; underpant eel.

zipper sniffer n. Hunter of the pant python, male or female.

zonked adj. Pissed; wankered; wazzed.

zounds n. God’s wounds. 17thC swear word banned by Act of Parliament in 1651, but okay now if used in moderation. See also gadzooks.

zorba v. To have sex in the Greek (qv) style. e.g. “Sorry I can’t sit down. I’ve been zorbaed”.

zuffle v. To wipe your cock on the curtain after having sex, usually in a posh bird’s house

Note: Thus ends MG's herculean effort to bring education, illumination, and elucidation to the Author's Hangout. It is hoped that faithful readers have benefited from this series. Many have written notes of appreciation and adoration, and these are humbly acknowledged. Perhaps the most poignant of the accolades was one in which the writer related how the newly acquired knowledge had benefited him. He has incorporated many of the terms he learned into everyday conversation, and included the story of how a discussion of the Cleveland Steamer at his grandma's birthday celebration enriched the lives of those around him.

Re: Final Edition!

MathGirl said:
. . .

Note: Thus ends MG's herculean effort to bring education, illumination, and elucidation to the Author's Hangout. It is hoped that faithful readers have benefited from this series. Many have written notes of appreciation and adoration, and these are humbly acknowledged. Perhaps the most poignant of the accolades was one in which the writer related how the newly acquired knowledge had benefited him. He has incorporated many of the terms he learned into everyday conversation, and included the story of how a discussion of the Cleveland Steamer at his grandma's birthday celebration enriched the lives of those around him.

We're DONE?! NOW whatever are we going to do each day about learning new words? After this episode, you don't expect us to go back to regular word lists, do you?

some may be saying, "Hallelujah!" and others, "Finally!". I for one, will miss the daily list.

Thanks for the memories, Math,

MathGirl said:

zig-a-zig ahhhh! echoism To have a bloody good wank watching a Spice Girls video.

*SNIP*

zorba v. To have sex in the Greek (qv) style. e.g. “Sorry I can’t sit down. I’ve been zorbaed”.

*applause*

Maths, congrats, kudos, etc. Even with all the offal entries I would delete it is a comendatory reference for a writer of erotica.

I am grateful to finally know what to call my knickers.

yoyo-ing along, Perdita :rolleyes:

Well done MG

I will miss the daily trepidation of tapping on your thread. :rolleyes:

Will's (Hirtsue by proxy)

MathGirl said:

Are you allowed to elucidate without my prior permission?

Whisper :rose:

Re: Re: Final Edition!

OldnotDead said:
We're DONE?! NOW whatever are we going to do each day about learning new words? After this episode, you don't expect us to go back to regular word lists, do you?

some may be saying, "Hallelujah!" and others, "Finally!". I for one, will miss the daily list.

Thanks for the memories, Math,
Dear OnD,
Strange you should mention that. I've heard nasty rumors that the DurgGurl Group is embarking on some sort of lexicographical lunacy.
MG

Back