Voles in love

pop_54 said:
Hey gorgeous, fancy making vole:D :devil: :rose:

That is the best imitation ever of the mating call of the female vole in heat. Congratulations.

I'd keep it quiet, if I were you. Your bed will be overrun with small, overly friendly rodents.

Transitional Man said:
Humans are born half-formed really, because if we were more developed our mother's would not surivive childbirth.

It really does seem that marsupials have a better deal. Give birth while the baby is too tiny to cause any discomfort, store it in a nice warm fuzzy pouch, and when that backache comes on, you can hand him off to auntie for an hour while you stretch and leap around.

The idea that a half-formed member of one's species should emerge from the female body through a tiny opening - and after all that, still not be able to so much as hide from the hyenas without her help - is the best evidence that God is a "He."

"Trust me, Eve. It's best this way. You'll be able to get it out, I promise. It can't be that big a deal - it's only half-formed!"

:rolleyes:

shereads said:
That is the best imitation ever of the mating call of the female vole in heat. Congratulations.

I'd keep it quiet, if I were you. Your bed will be overrun with small, overly friendly rodents.

I'm imagining Pop's bed, overrun with small, overly friendly rodents in monogrammed smoking jackets. Funny, I'm also imagining....well, that is really quite telling so I'll keep it to myself.

~lucky

Mindy, I vole you.:heart:

lucky-E-leven said:
I'm imagining Pop's bed, overrun with small, overly friendly rodents in monogrammed smoking jackets. Funny, I'm also imagining....well, that is really quite telling so I'll keep it to myself.

~lucky

I hear you, sister.

minsue said:
It's an odd world we live in when the first hit on a Google search of voles contains this:

receptor1.jpg

Matched brain sections from a monogamous prairie (left) and a non-monogamous montane (right) vole, displaying differences in the vasopressin receptor binding

-Mindy

That "L.S." in the right photo indicates the limbic system, which is where th so-called "pleasure center" of the brain is located, in humans too.

Years ago there was a famous study where they implanted electrodes in rats' limbic systems (in the hypothalamus) and hooked them up so a rat could give himself a jolt by pressing a bar, and the rats refused food, water, sex, and sleep, and just stood on that bar till they dropped of exhaustion. I would imagine that an injection of dopamine there would make a vole follow you anywhere; certainly back to your bachelor pad.

---dr.M.

Does any woman out there vole their man enough to propose to them today, and pledge un-dying vole, forever?

Lou :heart:

dr_mabeuse said:
Years ago there was a famous study where they implanted electrodes in rats' limbic systems (in the hypothalamus) and hooked them up so a rat could give himself a jolt by pressing a bar, and the rats refused food, water, sex, and sleep, and just stood on that bar till they dropped of exhaustion.

---dr.M. [/B]

I've known rats that stood at a bar until they dropped from exhaustion. Were they being injected with something?

shereads said:
I've known rats that stood at a bar until they dropped from exhaustion. Were they being injected with something?

They didn't drop from exhaustion; they passed out from being drunk. It probably wasn't injected; it was consumed orally.

Back