Weave got another STC!!

I sure hope this 'Bob' thingy doesn't get too popular- mines done, but I don't like it... trying to adhere to the form made my words seem less then they are... it inhibited me, somehow... butttt,,, the exercise was good for me!!

Liar said:
For those who can't be arsed to click on a link, these are the outlines of a Bob, as explained by the inventor himself:

- four line strophes
- as many strophes as you want
- line 2 and 4 rhymes
- some kind of regular meter
- line 3 in one strophe becomes line 1 in the next one
- the first strophe gets it's line 1 from the last strophe

oh dear Liar, this si why I dont do form, just your wonderful explanation makes my head swim :( any one got some dramamine? I will try it....bob for apples, anyone?

In the sample I saw lines 2 and 4 don't rhyme- and mine don't, either... is this ok or not?

BooMerengue said:
In the sample I saw lines 2 and 4 don't rhyme- and mine don't, either... is this ok or not?
As I said, my instructions were not correct. It's the last line in the strophes, in pairs, that are supposed to rhyme if you try an original Icingsugar Bob.

Gonna go write mine now.

Try, at least. :)

Just finished.....using these:

- four line strophes
- as many strophes as you want
- line 2 and 4 rhymes
- some kind of regular meter
- line 3 in one strophe becomes line 1 in the next one
- the first strophe gets it's line 1 from the last strophe

....so I guess technically it's not a Bob .

....it's more of a Robert.

I'm confused...........

...........so this is the example I'm going with.

It's the pair of strophes that rhymes:

Handshake, handover,
the same old agenda,
a lowride of commas
repeating in order.

A lowride of commas
with tidals of notion,
a call-response pattern
through distance and border.

A call-response pattern,
transmitter, receiver,
projector and canvas
in communication.

Projector and canvas
aligned with a signal,
a perfect clear image,
a photon vocation.

...if I go at all.

:D

OK, then! Mine's ok... not saying it's great! But it's legitimate. I, for one, am glad I tried this form, but I feel it takes away from the poesy by hemming it in so much. But you can't really do well coloring outside the lines til you've learned to color in them, so...

is poesy a word? should it have been poetry? lol

Mistress of forms

A week or so ago I decided to try every form of poetry. (Book is on order so I can actually LEARN about all the forms) because I have written free verse always and forever this is my new challenge to myself. I will be Mistress to all forms, master of none and slave to them all. But that's just me.:rolleyes:

So, I'm in. Bob and Weave, here we go, Bob and Weave.

Oh, one other thingy. I never did a STC either. Do I submit it on the 23rd? Or on the 22nd so it posts on the 23rd? :confused:

Lemme know so I can play.

Syn :kiss:

Re: Mistress of forms

Syndra Lynn said:
A week or so ago I decided to try every form of poetry. (Book is on order so I can actually LEARN about all the forms) because I have written free verse always and forever this is my new challenge to myself. I will be Mistress to all forms, master of none and slave to them all. But that's just me.:rolleyes:

So, I'm in. Bob and Weave, here we go, Bob and Weave.

Oh, one other thingy. I never did a STC either. Do I submit it on the 23rd? Or on the 22nd so it posts on the 23rd? :confused:

Lemme know so I can play.

Syn :kiss:

Mistress??
Master?
Lemme know so I can play??
Jesus
why am I so horny??
; )

Good luck Sis

*shaking head at Tath... laughing...

I don't know Syn... I left it sort of open so one reviewer wouldn't get hit with an overload and I never heard... The 22nd is fine, or the 23rd...

Any other opinions??

Helloooooooooo?????

Are we posting the 22nd or the 23rd?

Or am I the only one doing this?? I know it came at an unfortunate time... thats ok, tho!

BooMerengue said:
Helloooooooooo?????

Are we posting the 22nd or the 23rd?

Or am I the only one doing this?? I know it came at an unfortunate time... thats ok, tho!

I'm there, Boo......whenever you say.:)

tarablackwood22 said:
I'm there, Boo......whenever you say.:)

i think i wrote mine wrong ....but....lemme get the proper instruments here......yep...it's official
i don't give a shit

Tathagata said:
i think i wrote mine wrong ....but....lemme get the proper instruments here......yep...it's official
i don't give a shit

You fucking crack me up Tath!

I did Bob.

I can hardly wait to show him off.

Everyone on the 23rd! Yes? Yes

Syn :p

Syndra Lynn said:
You fucking crack me up Tath!

I did Bob.

I can hardly wait to show him off.

Everyone on the 23rd! Yes? Yes

Syn :p

should I change my name to Bob??
:p

Ooooh! A Spank-A-Thon. w00t! I'm ready!

350555000.jpg

Tristesse said:
Ooooh! A Spank-A-Thon. w00t! I'm ready!

350555000.jpg

oh man
you have an outfit and an attitude like that you better rent me a room for a week
; )

Back