What’s Your Song Today?

Now and Then - Natural Child

Doing weird things with my time
Far away from my peace of mind
Taking things that are not mine
I gotta clear my honky tonk mind

• Love
Reactions: Cat
Anyone remember this one? I grew up in the Philly area, and Robert Hazard was very popular locally. This was one of his biggest hits. Sadly, he passed away far too soon. I'm glad I got to see him in concert before he left us.

Never found his niche, alas. How did he die?

Pancreatic cancer at age 60. He wrote and composed "Girls Just Want To Have Fun," which Cyndi Lauper turned into a hit. IMHO, he should have been more popular, but he only had the one album and a self-published 5 song EP.
Philly had some interesting music stuff going on then. Hard to imagine that the main figures in the Hooters were Lennon’s support musicians on Double Fantasy

Maybe they dont get credit but the Dead Milkman were part of 80s Philly Music scene. Also Ween but they were technically from NJ and I guess did not become widely recognized until 90s.

Really the Dead Milkman deserve more credit. Before there was really a lot of weird, good music there was the Dead Milkman. Ween, Flaming Lips, Butthole Surfers and countless others need to give it up.

Going to stop after maybe this one because you all dont need to know that all I truly am is a music nerd but I am a big Dave Hause fan who is from Philly. He actually has an album called ‘Bury Me In Philly.’ He was also in the Loved Ones.

Oh and I think the Menzingers are from Philly. I kinda love/hate this song. Pretty painful to l to when I am so fucking tequila drunk.

Back