What are the 10 Commandments of Fiction Writing?

Let the words you use serve as guideposts for the readers imagination. In that way, each reader will be largely in the same place, but not exactly. The more exact the description, the less enticing it can be.

Nicely put judo. Exactly what I was trying to say in a way that everyone understands, rather than just the raw rantings of my brain.

Do you want a job as a translator?

The Earl

Let the words you use serve as guideposts for the readers imagination. In that way, each reader will be largely in the same place, but not exactly. The more exact the description, the less enticing it can be.

Nicely put judo. Exactly what I was trying to say in a way that everyone understands, rather than just the raw rantings of my brain.

The Earl

TheEarl said:

The Earl

Who was it that said the old quote about our "Two countries seperated by a common language?"

;)
- Judo

Thou shalt read thy rough draft and eliminate four out of every five adjectives and nine out of every ten adverbs.

Back