What are we all writing right now?

I'm tempted to say 'yes' just to mess with you, but I can't be that mean.
I don't think it's inevitable that they get longer but introducing side characters has a way of broadening the narrative that can be seductive. One minute you're writing about two people, and then the next there's a veritable zoo, ambling about, doing their own thing, taking up column inches ...
Feeling a little called out there.

Been a long while, but let's see...
1) editing (for the 10th time) a sci fi about predicting the future that takes place throughout the solar system
2) a sequel to The Goblin Queen where our heroine gets lost in an alternate dimension dominated by a very evil elf sorceress (4th or 5th edit)
3) The Doctor's Daughter sequel set in war of 1812 and involving the heroine being accused of spying for the Americans and then her being kidnapped by a gang of traitors who steal her across the Niagara River and into the US (2nd or 3rd edit)
4) starting another Ancient Egypt story involving Anubis as the main antagonist
With my writing style I have to alternate editing and writing different stories.

Currently active stories:

My chapter in the Bathtubs and Broomsticks chain story
Chapter 4 of The Dome, focusing on Xero's mother
Chapter 2 of One Orgasm At A Time: Dolly finds herself in the Trojan Horse, mistaken for Aphrodite
And especially for @onehitwanda I'm fleshing out The Witches' House from the Fairy Tales writing exercise

There was a time when I'd finish one story before moving on to the next one. What happened to that version of me?

In a surprise to exactly nobody, I am nearing the end of Chapter 1 of a slow burn lesbian romance! But this time it is set not in Bristol or Spain, but on the planet Jerusalem, where three generations of settlers have basically established Gilead where polygamy reigns and my protagonists need to find a way to flee or be stoned to death. It's very Margaret Atwood/John Wyndham.

15k words in, and the climax is in sight. They've barely kissed so far, but Chapter 2 will be all about them discovering their bodies.

Applying proofread edits to a Halloween CFNM story, writing another CFNM story in an art class and finishing up a story that's a little hard to define; for work reasons, a woman has to deal with involuntary orgasms from her pants.

I have two stories in my partially done folder on here.

There’s THE PROCESS. A sci-fi, horror story about genetic manipulation to create the perfect athlete that goes horribly wrong.

Then there’s COUPLES THERAPY about two people who decide to scam an asshole celebrity relationship counsellor but find out that things are not as they seem.

There are a couple of other things but they’re concepts as yet, not exactly fleshed out.

Finishing up a co-worker/boss/friends kitten pet play story.
Working on a horrible marriage coming undone through neglect, anger, and resentment story.
Finishing up a cuckquean story about a cheating wife being blackmailed by her husband's friend.
A story about learning to dance and accepting help from friends while adjusting to your failures.
Editing a fantasy story about revenge to tone down the revenge a little.
A take on Beauty and the Beast.
Re-working a brother-in-law/sister-in-law story.
Re-working a daughter hooks up with her abusive mother's ex story.
Editing a dual timeline marionette incest horror story.
Finishing up a demon romance story that goes a bit sideways.

I just submitted part 1 of a new long series called BE GLAMOROUS. Following a half Korean half black New Yorker rapper who is in a k pop company. I'm so excited at how well it went. Working on part 2 now.

I couldn't get my shit together in time for Halloween, but I might have already started writing something for Christmas. I'm giving myself a strict cap of three acts and 2k words per act, so hopefully it doesn't grow out of control like "My Boyfriend's Boyfriends" was starting to do.

I'm still in the notemaking stage, but this looks to be a WLW parody of The Gift of the Magi, a story which I already referenced (just character names) in "Storyteller," my summer lovin' story.

Oddly enough, I think the O. Henry story isn't too well-written and comes off as a jumped up first draft. But the underlying ideas are solid.

Back