What environment do you write in?

i just try to get in the proper mood, however i get there. for erotic stories i try to, uhhh, not get off (?) for a few days before i begin a sex scene. that way when i get around to writing it, it just flys off my fingers.

the best thing to do is to write when and where your synapses are firing the most. i am usually useless before 2 a.m. music helps sometimes, other times it's a distraction. i know guys who write at desks and a guy who works with a laptop on his belly as he lies on the couch smoking weed. your approach is your own and you just need to find it. maybe your optimal situation is hanging by your ankles from the chandelier in your dining room while a 90 year old thai woman beats you with a rattan strip, who knows?

during boring lectures I can write pretty good stuff too
Its during the boring lectures that i think of the subjects :D
need a Psion or something to make sure that i dont forget them...

If you don't write it down, it never happened - I think that was in a Tom Clancy book at some point... wherever the heck he got it from.

Otherwise its late at night, listening to some appropriate music, which depends upon what i'm writing. Action sequences usually deserve punk and rock (a la Rage Against the Machine, Linkin Park etc.), sexual bits demand very chilled out funk or dance (think recent Fun Lovin' Criminals, along with chilled out remixes of anything you can care to mention)

I give! What in the heck is bog paper?
Its British slang for Toilet Tissue... Andrex or whatever (other luxury soft tissues are available)... :D

Back