What's your poetic....thing?

For me it wasn't so much the required reading, but those situations which required memorization.
I remember having to memorize and recite a couple of poems in grade school.
I detest meaningless memorization - that's why I switched from chemistry to physics.

never did learn that stuff by rote, though i am able to name a fair few by their letters/numbers. i don't remember the teacher seeming that fussed about us learning them. perhaps they ought to have but hey :D

For me it wasn't so much the required reading, but those situations which required memorization.
I remember having to memorize and recite a couple of poems in grade school.
I detest meaningless memorization - that's why I switched from chemistry to physics.

Rote memorization was more of a gradeschool thing...until I had to analyze poems for final exams (the baccalaureate). That was not fun.

never did learn that stuff by rote, though i am able to name a fair few by their letters/numbers. i don't remember the teacher seeming that fussed about us learning them. perhaps they ought to have but hey :D
Name them by numbers/letters? Meaning what?

Rote memorization was more of a gradeschool thing...until I had to analyze poems for final exams (the baccalaureate). That was not fun.

Name them by numbers/letters? Meaning what?

like 12 G is potassium, and 13 Al is aluminium, 24 Cr is chromium - like that

Back