What's your safe word?

Brainfreeze... Lol because I'm an ice cream monster, and it's the only thing that gets me to stop. When my wife realized this, she said that was my body's safe word when it realizes I won't be putting down the spoon any time soon. Now it's our bedroom safeword šŸ˜‚.

Onomatopoeia.

Itā€™s sort of a joke because for whatever reason I often add an extra on at the front. My wife only recognizes the true pronunciation of the word.

ā€œOnnomatopoeiaā€ will not work.

I recently watched the movie "Sisters" and a character in the movie says his safe word is "Keep Going".. It got me wondering about the different safe words people have...
Let's hear 'em ;)
It was a progressive use turning into a safe word.
Long story: my ex and I one time in BestBuy. I was looking for a certain CD. Guy said out of stock but should be in on whatever days shipment. He then advised me me to "call before you come" to make sure they had it.
Fast forward later that night , just as I reached climax, I said best buy.
When asked by partner why I said that I said," call before you cum".
As we started practicing d/s, b&d...best buy became the safe word, tap out word.

Still use best buy all these years later...even with different people. It's my safe word no matter who I play with.

I like that as well. Red with yellow to warn we are trending to red so please changes what is going on
I like the idea of incorporating yellow. I'll definitely bring it to Daddi and see if She's on the same page with me.

Embassy.

When he first asked me for a safe word I kept thinking of different food but my dirty brain just thought of something sexy/nasty to do with all of them. Had to go with a place I'd never do anything risky in šŸ˜…

As a Top who has occasionally experienced Top Drop, I wish I could figure out a safeword to use that doesn't completely wreck my playmate's head space. People never talk about that nearly as much as sub drop but it does happen and it can be quite friggin' awful when one is not expecting it.

A safeword would so help.

As a Top who has occasionally experienced Top Drop, I wish I could figure out a safeword to use that doesn't completely wreck my playmate's head space. People never talk about that nearly as much as sub drop but it does happen and it can be quite friggin' awful when one is not expecting it.

When it is the other way around, safewording could just as well ruin the headspace for the top though.

If you talk about it in advance, so they are aware that the issue might come up, would you feel more ok to bring it up during play, perhaps?

When it is the other way around, safewording could just as well ruin the headspace for the top though.

If you talk about it in advance, so they are aware that the issue might come up, would you feel more ok to bring it up during play, perhaps?
I have never been the recipient of a safe word that made me feel bad, you know? In my head, my playmate needed that break and it is my job as his/her Top to take care of them at that moment. I assume most other Dominant people feel the same.

For myself, I choose to no longer play outside of publicly shared spaces where I am not the only dominant on hand nor do I have an s/o where the long-term benefits of a safeword to avoid dropping might make a difference. Perhaps one day.

Agree

You don't actually need a stop word. Just start feigning an epileptic seizure. Any responsible dom will be obliged to stop and make sure everything is in order.

Back