Where’s the Democrat outrage?

Aggressive One said:
Cat Steven's Pajamas?
I hear some terrorist thinks he can drive Americans to the point of mass suicide by playing a collection of Cat Stevens' greatest hit continuously on public loudspeakers.

sticky_keyboard said:
I hear some terrorist thinks he can drive Americans to the point of mass suicide by playing a collection of Cat Stevens' greatest hit continuously on public loudspeakers.

I'd kill you during "Moon Shadow" and then regret it slightly during "Peace Train"

What honestly annoys me about these particular threads is that there's hardly ever any links to articles about the issue for which the thread was made, no editorials backing up any of the opinions. I might as well start a thread that says: You Know What I Hate? CATS! It's just as insipid.

Cap’n AMatrixca said:
Over the burning of white churches? You can bet if the were black, mosques, or Synag---, scratch that; they seem to be okay with death to the Jews...

Of the nine burned, four are "white" (Southern Baptist Convention) and five are "black."

When you can find some Republican outrage, get back to me.

Moonlust said:
What honestly annoys me about these particular threads is that there's hardly ever any links to articles about the issue for which the thread was made, no editorials backing up any of the opinions. I might as well start a thread that says: You Know What I Hate? CATS! It's just as insipid.

Last week five churches were burned on the same night in Bibb County, Alabama.

Last night four more were burned in Greene, Pickens, and Sumpter County, Alabama.

Go to Google News and search "Alabama Church Fire."

Because most of us who meet here daily follow the stories of the day and have our own sources of information which brings many viewpoint to the discussion...

ABC radio is saying they're looking for two white guys, so the Catholics are still on the hook.

;) ;)

Cap’n AMatrixca said:
Because most of us who meet here daily follow the stories of the day and have our own sources of information which brings many viewpoint to the discussion...

ABC radio is saying they're looking for two white guys, so the Catholics are still on the hook.

;) ;)

Right, but how do I know which slant you're slanting towards? Saying that you heard it on ABC radio helps, because now I know you're not listening to WeHateBaptists Radio. Does that make sense?

Look, you don't need a link to discern a point.

Right now, I'm getting it off the AP like everyone else...

Whoah, woah, woah.

Cap and Moonlust, you two are NOT allowed to dislike each other.

Moons, this is the Cap's schtick; don't take the "democrat attack" too seriously. He's actually a reasonable guy.

Cap'n, she's from a big city and probably carrying a weapon. She's also a sweetheart.

I am fucking AMAZED that BB hasn't been in here yet to blame the Muslims.
Are there any Muslims in Alabama?

SeanH said:
I am fucking AMAZED that BB hasn't been in here yet to blame the Muslims.
Are there any Muslims in Alabama?

I very much doubt it, although Tuscaloosa and Birmin'ham are fairly cosmopolitan cities. This will turn out to be a couple of locals with some sort of confused god or white supremacy thing going on.

Peregrinator said:
I very much doubt it, although Tuscaloosa and Birmin'ham are fairly cosmopolitan cities. This will turn out to be a couple of locals with some sort of confused god or white supremacy thing going on.
Time was, when something like this happened, the normal reaction was "bloody kids". It seems the world has got more hate filled in the last decade or so.
God I sound old. :eek:

Peregrinator said:
Tuscaloosa and Birmin'ham are fairly cosmopolitan cities.

Having grown up 35 miles from Tuscaloosa, and 10 from Boligee (where one of last night's fires was), and having lived in both Tuscaloosa and Birmingham . . .

I am laughing my ass off right now. :D

revelator said:
Having grown up 35 miles from Tuscaloosa, and 10 from Boligee (where one of last night's fires was), and having lived in both Tuscaloosa and Birmingham . . .

I am laughing my ass off right now. :D

I just didn't want to completely rule out a small muslim community in either one. I don't know them that well. In fact, I'm not sure if I've ever spent any time in B. T seemed like a sort of up-and-coming place when I was there. Lotta university students and stuff. But, hey, you tell me. Are there any muslims, you think?

SeanH said:
Time was, when something like this happened, the normal reaction was "bloody kids". It seems the world has got more hate filled in the last decade or so.
God I sound old. :eek:

Not here. Stuff like this happens in Bama and the whole country rolls its eyes and thinks "They're at it again."

Peregrinator said:
Whoah, woah, woah.

Cap and Moonlust, you two are NOT allowed to dislike each other.

Moons, this is the Cap's schtick; don't take the "democrat attack" too seriously. He's actually a reasonable guy.

Cap'n, she's from a big city and probably carrying a weapon. She's also a sweetheart.

I don't dislike at all, quite the contrary, and a pardon me for interjecting. Perhaps it's just a peeve of mine, to have a discussion thread with no supporting information about the topic at hand and a big dollop of opinion to start off. I'm not really afraid to express my opinion about it either. Perhaps a more direct question for the thread would be how recent church burnings and democrats are related somehow.

(I don't carry a weapon because I live somewhere safe enough to wander the streets at night.)

Peregrinator said:
Not here. Stuff like this happens in Bama and the whole country rolls its eyes and thinks "They're at it again."
I have this image of lots of people called Cleatus.

The Cap'n likes to point out the lack of Democrat outrage to things that he thinks they'd be outraged by if the demographics were a little different, ie, a Dem senator does something bad and he posts a thread entitled, "If John McCain did this, the Dems would be screaming." It's a kind of running joke is all. Well, he does make a point about it, but I think he does it as much for fun as anything else.

Cap, it looks like she's an unarmed sweetheart.

Peregrinator said:
Are there any muslims, you think?

Absolutely.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/health/jan-june02/doctors_6-18.html

In fact, right after 9/11, one of my relatives hosted a party to welcome these doctors to Greene County. (It was being planned before the attacks.)

My mother still lives in the area, and still holds many racist views. But she's never said a negative word about Muslims in general.

I think you're pretty close. I don't think it's racial - I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the motive for burning the first five was actually to cover up a robbery at one or more of them.

I doubt the Bibb County fires are connected to the ones last night - it's probably a copycat.

But I'm just guessing.

Cap’n AMatrixca said:
Over the burning of white churches? You can bet if the were black, mosques, or Synag---, scratch that; they seem to be okay with death to the Jews...
This is my second favorite kind of peenakker thread. "Where's the outrage?" Pick an atrocity, then shout, "Where's the liberal outrage?" Totally ignoring, of course, all the liberal outrage.

My favorite? "Clinton did it too!"

SeanH said:
I have this image of lots of people called Cleatus.

Yeah, the good folk of Bama haven't done their image any good over the years. Lynchings, race riots, church explosions, snake handling....It's a pretty nice place with great food and friendly people, but man, the stuff that makes national news.

revelator said:
Absolutely.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/health/jan-june02/doctors_6-18.html

In fact, right after 9/11, one of my relatives hosted a party to welcome these doctors to Greene County. (It was being planned before the attacks.)

My mother still lives in the area, and still holds many racist views. But she's never said a negative word about Muslims in general.

I think you're pretty close. I don't think it's racial - I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the motive for burning the first five was actually to cover up a robbery at one or more of them.

I doubt the Bibb County fires are connected to the ones last night - it's probably a copycat.

But I'm just guessing.

Very cool of your mom. Thanks for the local perspective. I hadn't thought of a robbery. Jesus, robbing churches. Wtf?

The Mutt said:
This is my second favorite kind of peenakker thread. "Where's the outrage?" Pick an atrocity, then shout, "Where's the liberal outrage?" Totally ignoring, of course, all the liberal outrage.

My favorite? "Clinton did it too!"

For a while, I automatically posted "Clinton was worse" in any political thread.

"peenakker?"

Back