Who is your Target Audience?

back to basics mate more fucktalk

Sandman:

Ha Ha!

That's quite a challenge he's set you. It'll be interesting to read your next story..

:confused: :D

congratulations Sandman :) it's a great feeling to know one has improved ones own writing, well done :)

to answer the thread...

i write because i enjoy writing. i submit because when i have finished writing, i look at my own piece and i think

'wow i really enjoyed writing that, i'd like to share it. maybe one other person out there in the world will enjoy it too.'

when i learn how to write to a specific boundary, then i'll begin targeting. personally, i don't enjoy boundaries. i prefer the freedom of simply writing what i'm told to write. lol figure that one out if you can ;)

I think I know what Diane Marie is talking about. I'm pretty sure that all of us write for ourselves, probably first and foremost. If it didn't give us some personal satisfaction (no, not THAT kind), we wouldn't do it. Writing a good story makes us feel proud.

Now, I also think that if you're posting your story on a public forum where people will read it (hopefully) then you must, on some level, realize you have an audience other than just yourself. Anyone writing for just themselves doesn't share it.

But that's different from my original question, which was about a targeted audience.

Actually.........

My next story (still pending) will probably be even worse "sexually" than the last one. LOL.

Called "Lost innocence" (First times) it's more of a romantic "first time" experience story. (No...not telling if its true), that's half the fun.

And though I of course had hopefully some very intense, explicit love scenes...(yes, love scenes not just fuck scenes) I'm afraid it won't play well to the hand-job croud. <smile>

Ah well............

I remain,

Thank you very much Whispersecret, for first seeing my point and then second making it for me.

As to your original question, I think I did answer that, let me do so again. Here at literotica I write for the men, specifically the cockold husband or the want a be one(wantabe).

It would be nice to hear whom some of the other authors write for…Other then the I, me, myself!

I don't try to target men or women, I enjoy writing about various "themes" or topics. Each theme will have its audience. For example, a cuckold story may have just as many women fans as there are men.

If I'm writing a story about a cheating wife/girlfriend, I will focus on the aspects that occur in a situation like that. I'm writing for myself, who is a fan of that theme. I'm part of that audience. I can't imagine that I'm the only person in that audience.

Funny, I never started out thinking this thread would be about gender. I think a lot of other factors go into a good target- age, intellect , education...

I know we stereotype guys as liking ' stroke stories', and some of my work might belong in that group, but I bet most women at Lit also like it hot- at least some of the time.

I also don't write just for myself. several of my newer stories tread ground I don't personally find erotic, but I enjoy the challenge of exploring those areas, and seeing more about how my mind works, while developing my craft. Some of those stories get my most visits and highest votes, so there must be an audience. I have no idea who.

Back