Who's your favorite female singer..

I also must add from my "heyday":

Stevie Nicks :rose:
Carole King
*Carly Simon
and Janis Joplin

*Probably all time fav as she is as good today as she was then! :catroar:

I'm more into the New Age/Celtic. I absolutely adore Enya, Moya Brennan, and Lorena McKennitt.

Can't be just one. The list is long and wide ranging. Janis Joplin to Karen Dalton to Jessye Norman. Forced to make one choice: Janis or is this restricted to living artists?

WOW???

Why limit this to just one singer?? Love several of them!! :kiss:

First of course is Billie Holiday/ Patsy Cline/ Annie Lennox/ Aretha Franklin/ Lindsay buckingham/ Stevie Nicks....... :nana: :nana:

could go one but these voices make me shiver when I listen to them!! :kiss:

?

dom4sin said:
WOW???

Why limit this to just one singer?? Love several of them!! :kiss:

First of course is Billie Holiday/ Patsy Cline/ Annie Lennox/ Aretha Franklin/ Lindsay buckingham/ Stevie Nicks....... :nana: :nana:

could go one but these voices make me shiver when I listen to them!! :kiss:
Nobody told me Lindsey Buckingham has had a sex change.Is nothing sacred?

The one and only.(if you don't count Minni Ripperton)

pookies said:
artist?
Mine?..Maraih Carey is one of them

Best female singer Kate Bush.
Best song ever sung by a female singer, Loving You by Minni Ripperton

Kate Bush is also one of my favorites. Love Patti La Belle, Streisand, Jennifer Holiday, Katie Lang and Joplin also. Tracy Chapman also has some songs I am very fond of. I like singer that sing great lyrics that I can understand. LOL

And here I thought I was going to be different, but No, Mine is Stevie Nicks. I think also would have to list Gwen Stefani.

Lucinda Williams
Norah Jones
Margo Timmins (of Cowboy Junkies)
Emmylou Harris
Shelby Lynn
Allison Moorer
and although I don't really care for the music itself, I like the harmonies of the Dixie Chicks

Can't pick just one! (More like one hundred)

Have to ditto the votes for Kate Bush and Neko Case.
I'd also add Nina Gordon, formerly of Veruca Salt, and Nina Persson, lead singer of The Cardigans.
Good Lord, the pipes on those women...

Of course Nellie McKay, Shawn Colvin, Nikka Costa, Shirley Manson, Linda Ronstadt, Karen Carpenter and Sarah Cracknell (of the Brit pop group Saint Etienne) are freaking awesome, too.

Back