Yet another "underage" question

Weird Harold said:
Mighty Mouse isn't as violent as Tom and Jerry, and it's not "banned" so much as it is a terribly dated cartoon with some very politically incorrect characters.
I stand corrected. You can almost always take Mr Harold's word as gospel. I do.
MG

Weird Harold said:
Tom and Jerry cartoons are without doubt the most "violent" cartoons when measured by the number of "violent acts." . . .

An unregistered friend of mine wishes to add a comment to Weird Harold's post, and whatever the heck Pure might be trying to say.

Hi MG,

You're right, I'm far too 'reactive' to what's in fact pretty tedious; the old circle jerk wherever and whenever they feel like meeting.

Perhaps it's best to actually write and let the self-said authors wank each other to the hearts' content.

Rag Head.

//whatever the heck Pure might be trying to say.//

There is not always something I'm trying to say; I simply believe certain topics are worth discussing. Unlike some people--not referring to QM--I don't think very many interesting questions have 'answers' that, once posted, dispose of a topic "nothing left to say."

On violence:

two observations:

1) it's not clear what Literotica will permit on the main site, though almost anything, torture, snuff etc. can go to extreme.

2) pretty violent rape is apparently OK, *if the woman is portrayed as enjoying (sexual climax) it.*

3) The 'cartoon' issue is quite interesting. A lesbian cartoon mag was censored around these parts because cocks were cut off (humor).

I'm not sure what the written equiv. of a cartoon is: A 'fairy tale'?
a fantasy told in child-like language?

At a childrens' park, recently, I noticed-- as many have-- that the fairy tales are cleaned up. The Big Bad Wolf is not shot. The stories with 'hunters'--intended as rescuin heros--do not have them kill the 'bad animal.' Anyone think the kids are benefitting from the 'clean up' and 'disneyfication' of fairy tales?

There once was a young person named Little Red Riding Hood who lived on the edge of a large forest full of endangered owls and rare plants that would probably provide a cure for cancer if only someone took the time to study them.

Red Riding Hood lived with a nurture giver whom she sometimes referred to as "mother", although she didn't mean to imply by this term that she would have thought less of the person if a close biological link did not in fact exist.

Nor did she intend to denigrate the equal value of nontraditional households, although she was sorry if this was the impression conveyed.

One day her mother asked her to take a basket of organically grown fruit and mineral water to her grandmother's house.

"But mother, won't this be stealing work from the unionized people who have struggled for years to earn the right to carry all packages between various people in the woods?"

Red Riding Hood's mother assured her that she had called the union boss and gotten a special compassionate mission exemption form.

"But mother, aren't you oppressing me by ordering me to do this?"

Red Riding Hood's mother pointed out that it was impossible for women to oppress each other, since all womyn were equally oppressed until all women were free.

"But mother, then shouldn't you have my brother carry the basket, since he's an oppressor, and should learn what it's like to be oppressed?"

And Red Riding Hood's mother explained that her brother was attending a special rally for animal rights, and besides, this wasn't stereotypical women's work, but an empowering deed that would help engender a feeling of community.

"But won't I be oppressing Grandma, by implying that she's sick and hence unable to independently further her own selfhood?"

But Red Riding Hood's mother explained that her grandmother wasn't actually sick or incapacitated or mentally handicapped in any way, although that was not to imply that any of these conditions were inferior to what some people called "health".

Thus Red Riding Hood felt that she could get behind the idea of delivering the basket to her grandmother, and so she set off.

Many people believed that the forest was a foreboding and dangerous place, but Red Riding Hood knew that this was an irrational fear based on cultural paradigms instilled by a patriarchal society that regarded the natural world as an exploitable resource, and hence believed that natural predators were in fact intolerable competitors.

Other people avoided the woods for fear of thieves and deviants, but Red Riding Hood felt that in a truly classless society all marginalized peoples would be able to "come out" of the woods and be accepted as valid lifestyle role models.

On her way to Grandma's house, Red Riding Hood passed a woodchopper, and wandered off the path, in order to examine some flowers.

She was startled to find herself standing before a Wolf, who asked her what was in her basket.

Red Riding Hood's teacher had warned her never to talk to strangers, but she was confident in taking control of her own budding sexuality, and chose to dialogue with the Wolf.

She replied, "I am taking my Grandmother some healthful snacks in a gesture of solidarity."

The Wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Red Riding Hood said, "I find your sexist remark offensive in the extreme, but I will ignore it because of your traditional status as an outcast from society, the stress of which has caused you to develp and alternative and yet entirely valid worldview. Now, if you'll excuse me, I would prefer to be on my way." Red Riding Hood returned to the main path, and proceeded towards her Grandmother's house.

But because his status outside of society had freed him from slavish adherence to linear, Western-style thought, the Wolf knew of a quicker route to Grandma's house.

He burst into the house and ate Grandma, a course of action affirmative of his nature as predator.

Then, unhampered by rigid, traditionalist gender role notions, he put on Grandma's nightclothes, crawled under the bedclothes, and awaited developments.

Red Riding Hood entered the cottage and said, "Grandma, I have brought you some cruelty free snacks to salute you in your role as wise and nurturing matriarch."

The Wolf said softly "Come closer, child, so that I might see you."
Red Riding Hood said, "Goddess! Grandma, what big eyes you have!"

"You forget that I am optically challenged."

"And Grandma, what an enormous and fine nose you have."

"Naturally, I could have had it fixed to help my acting career, but I didn't give in to such societal pressures, my child."

"And Grandma, what very big, sharp teeth you have!"

The Wolf could not take any more of these specist slurs, and, in a reaction appropriate for his accustomed milieu, he leaped out of bed, grabbed Little Red Riding Hood, and opened his jaws so wide that she could see her poor Grandmother cowering in his belly.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Red Riding Hood bravely shouted. "You must request my permission before proceeding in a new level of intimacy!"

The Wolf was so startled by this statement that he loosened his grasp on her.

At the same time, the woodchopper burst into the cottage, brandishing an ax.

"Hands off!" cried the woodchopper.

"And what do you think you're doing?" cried Little Red Riding Hood. "If I let you help me now, I would be expressing a lack of confidence in my own abilities, which would lead to poor self esteem and lower achievement scores on college entrance exams."

"Last chance, sister! Get your hands off that endangered species! This is an FBI sting!" screamed the woodchopper, and when Little Red Riding Hood nonetheless made a sudden motion, he sliced off her head.

"Thank goodness you got here in time," said the Wolf. "The brat and her grandmother lured me in here. I though I was a goner."

"No, I think I'm the real victim, here," said the woodchopper. "I've been dealing with my anger ever since I saw her picking those protected flowers earlier. And now I'm going to have such a trauma. Do you have any aspirin?"

"Sure" said the Wolf.

"Thanks."

"I feel your pain," said the Wolf, giving a little belch, and said "Do you have any Maalox?"

Last edited:
Lauren...you should submit that , either as 'humour and satire' or " non-erotic'

great stuff

Unfortunatelly I didn't write that. :D

I found it online last year at around Halloween time, while I was trying to decide if Lil' Red would be a good costume. I forget where...

Pure said:
Hi QM,

Aside from the details of your hijacking claim, I want to clarify the issue, and what I'm saying.

Originally posted by Pure
To Peridita,

. . . no one has ever established a connection between reading stories and criminal behavior. . .
J.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[QM:]

Wrong!

Rod Serling ...

What I mean to say in that no systematic connection has ever been established between reading a story and commiting a crime.
IOW there is no evidence of a PATTERN according to which a person reads such and such story and is moved to commit a crime, by his/her reading.

It's similar to the argument that there's no evidence eating bacon for breakfast is systematically linked to having a heart attack thereafter.

This is NOT to claim that no one ever had a heart attack after eating bacon for breakfast, just that no causal pattern has ever been shown.

There are many isolated cases, and I cited one myself regarding American Psycho, and a local murderer in my neck of the woods.
There may be a hijacker who read a Serling story, though you've shown no evidence of it.

Since there's no pattern, there's no evidence of a causal link, even in the isolated cases (notwithstanding that accused persons say "'the devil' or 'that novel' made me do it.")

What is the point? Well, *there's no established [well-evidenced] systematic pattern of reading about a sex crime and doing it*. So a censorship law based on that premise is poorly based. It's easy to see evidence of the truth of my claim, since many stories at literotica involve crimes, and a helluva lot at 'extreme' do, but no systematic linkage to actual crimes is known (if there is such evidence, post it.)

J.

J,
the reason there's no pattern or corellation between stories and (of any kind and crimes) is because everyone who reads them is not shall we say "disturbed" . However if someone who is paticularly "disturbed" then such books/stories on crimes only serve to exacerbate the issue. Ie:if someone has the propensity for pedophilia and acess to underage stories then they will be more likely to act on these impulses.

Now you asked for proof.
I can give you proof from my pov. when I was in my ealier teenage years about 12-13 I suffered from anorexia
(it was not because I was fat as most people think or even because I "thought " I was fat) It was all about control at a time when, life felt overwhelming (a. I was already fully developed at at a time when most other girls weren't so I didn't look like a kid anymore. I was a kid trapped in an adult body b) I was having feelings for girls that I "should" have been having for boys. which I'd always been taught wasn't normal. so I felt like a freak inside and out. there's much more but you get the picture)
anyway I recovered when I was about 15and things went fine until I was 17 and doing a project on the disease for school. While I was reasearching on the web I came across some "pro ana" sites. which are sites promoting and congratulating anorexia . There were girls who kept food journals and "encouraged each other . I relapsed immediatly here I was with "friends" who accepted the disorder and even "loved" me for it. I'm not saying that the sites caused my anorexia the second time around just I'm only pointing out that they triggered some thing that was already inside of me. Not every girl who comes across these sites will become anorexic but they are certainly dangerous none the less. Now at 21 I am thankfully fully recovered but it's still a struggle and if I had my way I'd get rid of every pro ana site out there.

:kiss:

Back