Your personal best

Re: So now it's June 21st

peachykeen said:
and since it was the solstice and all I got to thinking about how well or how poorly I have done with my handful of New Years resolutions and I realized that I have just been completely and utterly rubbish at this one

BUT

I am raising it from the dead, and off to read one of your lovely stories.

Hey I'm tryin, people;)

Good to see you again , lady!

:D

:rose: b

Re: My personal fav?

Just_John1 said:
I think I enjoyed writing "Day Trip" the most. Not the most critically acclaimed story I've ever written but I got into the characters the most while I was writing it. ( http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=52716) I think I let my imagination go the most.

JJ

I think you did too LOL. I see what you mean; in a technical sense it isn't the most well written (the way dialogue is structured, or, really, has a lack of structure I think would be my strongest criticism) but while reading it I could definitely get a sense of how you were letting you imagination get swept along with what the main character was thinking and feeling. I liked the way you included his 'inner voice' as well as what he was actually saying to the woman.

And lets face it, who hasn't had a nice sexy daydream about somehow getting 'trapped' with a hot co-worker?

Elevator Girl, Ch. 3

I don't know if the url will work. This is my favorite of a series of five so far (5 is pending still I think). Just so you don't need to read the first story, the main character is a young American woman living in Tokyo who does sex-work in a posh elevator in a posh department store. She wears 'uniforms' and services clients in an actual elevator though it doesn't really go anywhere. She is special because she is agaijin, a foreigner (tall, big boobs and blondish).

This is my favorite because I came to believe in the client characters and to like them as if they were real people. All the stories are short.

Thanks for this thread, Perdita

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=95092

OK this may be cheating since I only have one story on Lit - Rhiana

BUT in my defence, I don't think I will ever write another story as good as this (damn does that sound big-headed? It's not supposed to...)

ax

keep them coming, kids. I am somewhat computer impaired of late and have to rely on hubby's laptop so I may not be able to keep up with all of your suggestions myself, but I know other authors are also using this thread for reference.

Re: Elevator Girl, Ch. 3

perdita said:
I don't know if the url will work. This is my favorite of a series of five so far (5 is pending still I think). Just so you don't need to read the first story, the main character is a young American woman living in Tokyo who does sex-work in a posh elevator in a posh department store. She wears 'uniforms' and services clients in an actual elevator though it doesn't really go anywhere. She is special because she is agaijin, a foreigner (tall, big boobs and blondish).

This is my favorite because I came to believe in the client characters and to like them as if they were real people. All the stories are short.

Thanks for this thread, Perdita

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=95092

Blimey, Miss Perdita. Words fail me.

Re: Best Story

PAUL C said:

Nice, well done. Although I found the one line in the first chapter when they are in the barn where he refers to her 'love hole' as sounding a bit out of place; it has kind of a vulgar dissonance in a way. But that could just be me and my interpretation, someone else might not find it as jarring.

jfinn said:
I'm not sure it's my favorite, but it is the shortest story I've ever written. Guess that counts for something. :p

Always

Jayne

Very beautiful, sexy, sad and loving, in equal measures. I might make my workaholic husband read it, too...

peachykeen said:
Very beautiful, sexy, sad and loving, in equal measures. I might make my workaholic husband read it, too...

Glad you liked it. :rose:

Jayne

Re: shamelessly exploiting this thread

bridgetkeeney said:
pk-

have been shamelessly exploiting this thread to find new reading material... thanks! :D

in some ways, i wish that we could denote on our author's page which story we like best.

my contribution is Wife of the Year. i really like it.

did i miss it? what is your favorite story that you have written, pk?

i cheated and changed my story... :D

oh my...ummm..I have to, umm..go...take care of something...in the other room for a few moments, I think....:eek:

btw no I haven't put down which is my favorite of my own stories yet, as I am torn as to which one...

Re: Re: shamelessly exploiting this thread

peachykeen said:
oh my...ummm..I have to, umm..go...take care of something...in the other room for a few moments, I think....:eek:

btw no I haven't put down which is my favorite of my own stories yet, as I am torn as to which one...

lol.. glad you "enjoyed" it. i even re-read that one myself every once in awhile. :D thanks!

NO FAIR! if i had to pick one, then you do too!

bump

Bumping this thread because it has good stuff on it.

Dig in everyone!

responding to bridgetkeeny

I have a dilemma.
I have only written one serious story so how can I say it is my best story? So I will offer it up as my worst story!
What I will say in total honesty is that I have had some dozens of people sending me feedback telling me that this story is one of the best, if not the best such story that they have ever read on Literotica.

Downsides, of course there are.
1 It is very long.
2 The subject matter might not appeal (Loving Wives)
3 The writing is competent but not inspired.

But if you are looking for a plausible story about believable characters and you like a smattering of humour you might enjoy

A Modern Love Story

Octavian

Back