Your "rating"

I try not to check to often, as whenever I write erotica -not just a Lit- 60% people don't like my story, 20% think it's okay, and 20% think it's good. When it's good, I sometimes get email. So I think it's better for me to check my email and get positive feedback or nothing at all, rather than check Lit and find out I've got a... [sulk] 2.75.

I just posted a new story (pending). Hopefully it will get some good ratings.

Re: An Idea

Softly said:
My last story, which is still in the new story list had a score of 4.63 with 38 votes. With 41 votes, it dropped to 4.52. This happened in a time span of twelve minutes.

Your vote total went up 9 in three votes. Votes of 5,3,1; 4,4,1; 4,3,2 or 3,3,3 all fit that fact. There's a good chance you didn't get "oned" although you probably did get at least one "Three."

It would be nice to be able to see the individual votes. I don't know if that's on Laurel's wish list or not.

PS: your 4.63/38 score could have been 34 x 5 + 3 +2 +1 or 34 x5 +2 +2 +2

That assumes the maximum number of five votes which probably isn't the case. the only point is that by 41 votes, a worst case is only probably only two or three one votes with a couple of twos and threes. The truth is probably closer to five or six four votes with only one "One" vote.

Last edited:
Well, I just checked up on my first submission, just to see what's up, and it got 5.00. Yay!
I am mucho pleased that roughly 2,000 people have read my work. I'm humbled. I'm happy I found a place to put my stuff- though I gotta be honest and say I REALLY could do without that damn Fisting .gif ad that pops up whenever I'm browsing. :rolleyes:

Stormer1_1 said:
I REALLY could do without that damn Fisting .gif ad that pops up whenever I'm browsing. :rolleyes:

Literotica does NOT send any pop-ups. It is probable that you've picked up a "spy-ware" program that is generating the fisting pop-up.

If you don't already have it, downlod Ad-Aware and run it to remove the spy-ware on your machine.

While you're using google to locate a download site for ad-aware, check-out "popup stopper" -- there are about five different programs that block pop-ups. Any one of them is good, the main differences being flexibility in which pop-up they block.

Though I can't be sure, when Stormer says "that fisting ad that pops up" he might not mean a 'pop-up' ad, but just an ad that appears at the top of the page as a banner. These, I take it, are the literotica sponsers and we are even reminded by Literotica to 'take a minute and visit our sponsers'. I know this is an erotica site and one can't be prudish, but I agree with Stormer that some ads are annoyingly blatant. I think a hint of subtlety wouldn't be a bad thing.

Callia:eek:

Yeah, I've seen that fisting ad. Fortunately what with the movement and all, you have to be looking right at it to see what it is. Still, I wish it wouldn't come up when the kid's in the living room.

I finally got up the nerve to look at my ratings and I was more or less pleased with what I found--all my stories were in the 4 general range, except for QpQ, which got such wildly mixed reviews, and which Roy Kay had warned me was probably a bit too literary for some folks' tastes.

I was extremely gratified when at one point I looked over the new stuff and Survival Part 2, the other half of my Lot and his daughters story, had an H rating. However, when I went in there today I found that this had gone away. Now, how does that work? Does a rating somehow get diluted when new stuff comes in, and does it retain its original H rating within its category?

I suppose I really should go into the category and find out, except that searching for a particular story within a category is kind of cumbersome.

SlickTony said:
Survival Part 2, the other half of my Lot and his daughters story, had an H rating. However, when I went in there today I found that this had gone away. Now, how does that work? Does a rating somehow get diluted when new stuff comes in, and does it retain its original H rating within its category

The H means a story with a score of 4.50 or better -- a low vote that pulls the story below 4.50 removes the H and a few high votes to push it back above 4.50 would restore the H.

Very few stories retain an H for very long, although some do regain the H and hold it for the long term. It takes a very good story to have an H rating after being posted for a month -- such stories usually hold on to their high ratings for up to a year or more.

Back