captivated by a single flower
that grasp reality from me
like a leaf in the wind
if I allow my thoughts to fly
free, free as a butterfly
in a meadow
at the foot of a mountain

OSHO Excerpts

"I have heard a beautiful story - I don't know how far it is correct, I cannot vouch for it.

In paradise one afternoon, in its most famous cafe, Lao Tzu, Confucius, and Buddha are sitting and chatting. The waiter comes with a tray that holds three glasses of the juice called "Life," and offers them. Buddha immediately closes his eyes and refuses; he says, "Life is misery."

Confucius closes his eyes halfway - he is a middlist, he used to preach the golden mean - and asks the waiter to give him the glass. He would like to have a sip - but just a sip, because without tasting how can one say whether life is misery or not? Confucius had a scientific mind; he was not much of a mystic, he had a very pragmatic, earthbound mind. He was the first behaviorist the world has known, very logical. And it seems perfectly right - he says, "First I will have a sip, and then I will say what I think." He takes a sip and he says, "Buddha is right - life is misery."

Lao Tzu takes all the three glasses and he says, "Unless one drinks totally, how can one say anything?" And Lao Tzu says, " He drinks all the three glasses and starts dancing!

Buddha and Confucius ask him, "Are you not going to say anything?" And Lao Tzu says, "This is what I am saying - my dance and my song are speaking for me." Unless you taste totally, you cannot say. And when you taste totally, you still cannot say because what you know is such that no words are adequate.

Buddha is on one extreme, Confucius is in the middle. Lao Tzu has drunk all the three glasses - the one that was brought for Buddha, the one that was brought for Confucius, and the one that was brought for him. He has drunk them all; he has lived life in its three-dimensionality.

My own approach is that of Lao Tzu. Live life in all possible ways; don't choose one thing against the other, and don't try to be in the middle. Don't try to balance yourself - balance is not something that can be cultivated. Balance is something that comes out of experiencing all the dimensions o flife. Balance is something that happens; it is not something that can be brought about through your efforts. If you bring it through your efforts it will be false, forced. And you will remain tense, you will not be relaxed, because how can a person who is trying to remain balanced in the middle be relaxed? You will always be afraid that if you relax you may start moving to the left or to the right. You are bound to remain uptight, and to be uptight is to miss the whole opportunity, the whole gift of life.

Don't be uptight. Don't live life according to principles. Live life in its totality, drink life in its totality! Yes, sometimes it tastes bitter - so what? That taste of bitterness will make you capable of tasting its sweetness. You will be able to appreciate the sweetness only if you have tasted its bitterness. One who knows not how to cry will not know how to laugh, either. One who cannot enjoy a deep laughter, a belly laugh, that person's tears will be crocodile tears. They cannot be true, they cannot be authentic.

I don't teach the middle way, I teach the total way. Then a balance comes of its own accord, and then that balance has tremendous beauty and grace. You have not forced it, it has simply come. By moving gracefully to the left, to the right, in the middle, slowly a balance comes to you because you remain so unidentified. When sadness comes, you know it will pass, and when happiness comes you know that will pass, too. Nothing remains; everything passes by. The only thing that always abides is your witnessing. That witnessing brings balance. That witnessing is balance. "

Excerpt from "The Book of Understanding" by OSHO.

bluerains said:
OSHO Excerpts

"I have heard a beautiful story - I don't know how far it is correct, I cannot vouch for it.

In paradise one afternoon, in its most famous cafe, Lao Tzu, Confucius, and Buddha are sitting and chatting. The waiter comes with a tray that holds three glasses of the juice called "Life," and offers them. Buddha immediately closes his eyes and refuses; he says, "Life is misery."

Confucius closes his eyes halfway - he is a middlist, he used to preach the golden mean - and asks the waiter to give him the glass. He would like to have a sip - but just a sip, because without tasting how can one say whether life is misery or not? Confucius had a scientific mind; he was not much of a mystic, he had a very pragmatic, earthbound mind. He was the first behaviorist the world has known, very logical. And it seems perfectly right - he says, "First I will have a sip, and then I will say what I think." He takes a sip and he says, "Buddha is right - life is misery."

Lao Tzu takes all the three glasses and he says, "Unless one drinks totally, how can one say anything?" And Lao Tzu says, " He drinks all the three glasses and starts dancing!

Buddha and Confucius ask him, "Are you not going to say anything?" And Lao Tzu says, "This is what I am saying - my dance and my song are speaking for me." Unless you taste totally, you cannot say. And when you taste totally, you still cannot say because what you know is such that no words are adequate.

Buddha is on one extreme, Confucius is in the middle. Lao Tzu has drunk all the three glasses - the one that was brought for Buddha, the one that was brought for Confucius, and the one that was brought for him. He has drunk them all; he has lived life in its three-dimensionality.

My own approach is that of Lao Tzu. Live life in all possible ways; don't choose one thing against the other, and don't try to be in the middle. Don't try to balance yourself - balance is not something that can be cultivated. Balance is something that comes out of experiencing all the dimensions o flife. Balance is something that happens; it is not something that can be brought about through your efforts. If you bring it through your efforts it will be false, forced. And you will remain tense, you will not be relaxed, because how can a person who is trying to remain balanced in the middle be relaxed? You will always be afraid that if you relax you may start moving to the left or to the right. You are bound to remain uptight, and to be uptight is to miss the whole opportunity, the whole gift of life.

Don't be uptight. Don't live life according to principles. Live life in its totality, drink life in its totality! Yes, sometimes it tastes bitter - so what? That taste of bitterness will make you capable of tasting its sweetness. You will be able to appreciate the sweetness only if you have tasted its bitterness. One who knows not how to cry will not know how to laugh, either. One who cannot enjoy a deep laughter, a belly laugh, that person's tears will be crocodile tears. They cannot be true, they cannot be authentic.

I don't teach the middle way, I teach the total way. Then a balance comes of its own accord, and then that balance has tremendous beauty and grace. You have not forced it, it has simply come. By moving gracefully to the left, to the right, in the middle, slowly a balance comes to you because you remain so unidentified. When sadness comes, you know it will pass, and when happiness comes you know that will pass, too. Nothing remains; everything passes by. The only thing that always abides is your witnessing. That witnessing brings balance. That witnessing is balance. "

wow, thanks blue (o_o) that's a great story. I will deffinetly have to use that one < thanks... bows humble (~_~)

there in the storm
I see their eyes
as a calm sun shined
sitting at park bench's
holding on tight
to their chess boards
volley options
and various moves

turning a screwdriver
tightening the billy-jack
I polish the mirror
and dust the custom paint
whip the rag
and slick back my hair
and sit on a bench
to watch the rain drip
off of the 'Indian'

picnic blanket spread
new joy on the lawn
like children laughing
which disrupted
chess minded thinkers
that ran them a-muck
claiming stake
and raising the stakes
on the next knights kill

I see past their table
I am thick as stone
and carry the jungle
they dare not wish to enter
yet shout across the lawn
their intelligence
while sitting on their hands

I move like a snail
toward the grand ride
just to enjoy the ambiance
of a park in poetry

bluerains said:
OSHO Excerpts

I just love it when the wise water woman sings and hands out morsels of food for thought.

stars fall into my eyes
back pushing the ground
absorbed in the night
pulled by the moon
in a still meadow
watching
midnight clouds fly silently
into the dawn

heart holds the stars
light holds the heart
stardust clouds the eyes

QUOTE=My Erotic Trail]stars fall into my eyes
back pushing the ground
absorbed in the night
pulled by the moon
in a still meadow
watching
midnight clouds fly silently
into the dawn[/QUOTE]

control

sky clouds swirl indigo
wind hurls debris
echoes of thunder
a somber reminder
that we all are just
piles of yesterday’s junk

bluerains said:
sky clouds swirl indigo
wind hurls debris
echoes of thunder
a somber reminder
that we all are just
piles of yesterday’s junk

can you name three days in a row with out using Monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday, sunday.....???

yesterday, today and tomorrow

beyond these walls
I hear thunder laughing
as shingles cry
pelted, beat and slapped
by the reign of water
riding a storm
as the house grows louder
fickers lightening's light
as the wind whispers
there is more to come
this night

in a Crane's world

They gracfully dance
in slendor of white
black tipped beats
of open arm flight

Light as a feather
they walk the river
and glide in the wind
with gracious splendor

They ban together
in a living mural
nature's beauty
shoreline pearls

explosions of white
trees, growls and swirl
the Tiger lives
in a Crane's world

Ode to the Doves of Lovelady grove

The sinking sun tickled tall timbered pines
cues the dove to sing a song without rhyme.
Carrying her cries across the lazy meadow
the breeze that blows over Lovelady Grove.

Sitting on the front porch in a bench swing
a Lady alone with thoughts and her dreams.
Wrapped in her past and humming a tune
swinging and gazing at the slow rising moon.

Paired partners fly and unite out of love
one will survive and become a solo dove.
Every evening she sings her lonely song
nestled in the forest till her days are gone.

Patiently she waits as her loneliness grows
an Ode to the Doves of Lovelady Grove.

trying to come back

Days of darkness float upon rainbow clouds
Life hovers within the obisidian of my mind
Red hearts beat upon the drums of future
Ancient cries pulsing through the faded women
Silent too long
Voices forgotten
Lost amongst the words of God
Sunrise calls to the bleeding hearts
women who ride the dust devils destiny
Waiting quietly
soon sunrise comes for those who suffer silently.
:heart:

Du Lac said:
Days of darkness float upon rainbow clouds
Life hovers within the obisidian of my mind
Red hearts beat upon the drums of future
Ancient cries pulsing through the faded women
Silent too long
Voices forgotten
Lost amongst the words of God
Sunrise calls to the bleeding hearts
women who ride the dust devils destiny
Waiting quietly
soon sunrise comes for those who suffer silently.
:heart:

This strikes me as a bit abstract, almost as if your standing back and want to join but something is holding you back. Just me ... :rolleyes:

Du ... I soooooo missed you and am glad to see you back. You are an awesome writer and I see so much beauty in all your words. Welcome home my friend .... :rose:

love these ...

Red heart beats
to the bleeding hearts
of dust devils destiny ...

:cathappy:

Now, your going to have to catch us up on all the juicy gossip. :D

:rose:

welcome.gif

So nice to hear from you du~ hope all is well...blue :rose:

RhymeFairy said:
This strikes me as a bit abstract, almost as if your standing back and want to join but something is holding you back. Just me ... :rolleyes:

Du ... I soooooo missed you and am glad to see you back. You are an awesome writer and I see so much beauty in all your words. Welcome home my friend .... :rose:

love these ...

Red heart beats
to the bleeding hearts
of dust devils destiny ...

:cathappy:

Now, your going to have to catch us up on all the juicy gossip. :D

hi ladies

thank you so much for the welcome back....happy to be here and starting to write again. We have moved again...now in by Lake Tahoe. It is beautiful here and I am taking some time off from working to explore my creative side. So I will be back and writing hopefully.

Yes RF this is abstract lol... I am still working on it on MLP. It is based on the Mormon women I came into contact in my work place in Utah. In many ways these women were so strong but in the same breathe so weak. Filled with love and compassion they were trapped in marriages that they were powerless. The men were insulting to them and treated them like slaves. I could not comprehend why they stayed. I was like a wolf woman sitting amongst dying souls. Baying at the moon to save the wild side of these women so that they may live a life filled with joy and freedom rather than snared within the words of "God" and the emotional fists of their husbands. I actually spent more time it seems with the women I work with listening to them than the girls at the facility. It was so sad to listen to them clawing at the inner self slowly shredding the wild woman who whispered to their captured self. So.. this is a work in progress in memory to the wonderful women who are caged within their religion.

blessings
Du~

Du Lac said:
thank you so much for the welcome back....happy to be here and starting to write again. We have moved again...now in by Lake Tahoe. It is beautiful here and I am taking some time off from working to explore my creative side. So I will be back and writing hopefully.

Yes RF this is abstract lol... I am still working on it on MLP. It is based on the Mormon women I came into contact in my work place in Utah. In many ways these women were so strong but in the same breathe so weak. Filled with love and compassion they were trapped in marriages that they were powerless. The men were insulting to them and treated them like slaves. I could not comprehend why they stayed. I was like a wolf woman sitting amongst dying souls. Baying at the moon to save the wild side of these women so that they may live a life filled with joy and freedom rather than snared within the words of "God" and the emotional fists of their husbands. I actually spent more time it seems with the women I work with listening to them than the girls at the facility. It was so sad to listen to them clawing at the inner self slowly shredding the wild woman who whispered to their captured self. So.. this is a work in progress in memory to the wonderful women who are caged within their religion.

blessings
Du~

Beautiful ... that's what I see inside. :rose:

She hides her beauty behind religion
as others tare to shreds, shrouding her womanly
form. Carrying so much, relieved only
when given permission. A silken curtain, scarfed
and decompressed as centuries fall. Failing to see
the beauty before their eyes ...

Beauty is everywhere. One has only
to open their eyes ...

Peace and many blessings Du, in your search for the truth behind words.

:rose: :rose:

RhymeFairy said:
Beautiful ... that's what I see inside. :rose:

She hides her beauty behind religion
as others tare to shreds, shrouding her womanly
form. Carrying so much, relieved only
when given permission. A silken curtain, scarfed
and decompressed as centuries fall. Failing to see
the beauty before their eyes ...

Beauty is everywhere. One has only
to open their eyes ...

Peace and many blessings Du, in your search for the truth behind words.

:rose: :rose:

thank you RF.. this is beautiful.. and I think you get what I am writing about..
blessings
du :heart:

Back