twelvegaugegirl1989
Ladylike in Cowboy Boots
- Joined
- Oct 21, 2010
- Posts
- 2,066
Erin sighed as she sat down at her desk. It had been a grueling day already and it was only 11:00AM. She was a vet in the small town of Rockport Louisiana; about twenty to thirty minutes south of Lafeyette. Her usual charges were pets; dogs, cats, reptiles, birds; but she did have the occasional wildlife visitor. A lot of the time wildlife specialists brought in animals for her to look at and take care of, even though that was not her specialty.
Erin had just logged onto her computer when her receptionist, Jamie, stuck her head in the door. "Hey Erin," she said (Erin insisted on a casual relationship with her employees). "Just got a call and we might be having someone come in here soon with a raccoon who may be rabid. The wildlife receptionist gave the guys name but she said it so fast I didnt catch it. I think he must be a new guy, or have just transferred here from somewhere, 'cause it wasn't a name I recognized". Erin nodded.
"Thats fine," she told her receptionist. "I don't have another appointment until two anyway, so just let me know when they get here". Jamie gave her a thumbs up, accompanied by a snap of her gum and went back to the waiting room. Erin turned back to the computer to try and accomplish a few things before the raccoon got there.
Erin had just logged onto her computer when her receptionist, Jamie, stuck her head in the door. "Hey Erin," she said (Erin insisted on a casual relationship with her employees). "Just got a call and we might be having someone come in here soon with a raccoon who may be rabid. The wildlife receptionist gave the guys name but she said it so fast I didnt catch it. I think he must be a new guy, or have just transferred here from somewhere, 'cause it wasn't a name I recognized". Erin nodded.
"Thats fine," she told her receptionist. "I don't have another appointment until two anyway, so just let me know when they get here". Jamie gave her a thumbs up, accompanied by a snap of her gum and went back to the waiting room. Erin turned back to the computer to try and accomplish a few things before the raccoon got there.