AH Anthology

Wow- looks great so far. One correction about me:) is that I don't really write romance. As Amy Sweet I have one story (novel) posted that *could* be considered romance (maybe)- but it's more extreme in many places than Faded Rose. As sweetnpetite I post mainly stroke type, really kinky stuff. Don't be fooled by the 'sweet' sounding name. I do write romance under another pen-name here- a novel in the making that is far from complete (Match Made In Heaven) but I don't want that printed in the book bc. as I said, it's far from complete. Perhaps a better description of me is "Amy Sweet writes under a seemingly endless variety of pseudonyms on Literotica, most notably and prolifically sweetnpetite. Don't be fooled by the name; Amy Sweet is one of the A.H.'s kinkiest authors."

Also, if there is room for more illustration (I thought I heard you say that somewhere) I'd love to see some with color. Blacksnake is one I know who works with color a lot with good effect, and I think a few others do to. I haven't seen any illustrations that seem to fit either my poem or story, but I'm willing to take suggestions. (If it's not too late) I'd really love to have an illustration, my story seems sort of loney without it. If anyone were willing to draw the opening scene with the two hookers standing in the ally, I think that would work well- and I'd be your best friend:)

:kiss:
 
Last edited:
sweetnpetite said:
Also, if there is room for more illustration (I thought I heard you say that somewhere) I'd love to see some with color.

Our printer does not do color (except on the cover).
 
sweetnpetite said:
Wow- looks great so far. One correction about me:) is that I don't really write romance. As Amy Sweet I have one story (novel) posted that could be considered romance- but it's more extreme in many places than Faded Rose. As sweetnpetite I post mainly stroke type, really kinky stuff. Don't be fooled by the 'sweet' sounding name. I do write romance under another pen-name here- a novel in the making that is far from complete (Match Made In Heaven) but I don't want that printed in the book bc. as I said, it's far from complete. Perhaps a better description of me is "Amy Sweet writes under a seemingly endless variety of pseudonyms on Literotica, most notably and prolifically sweetnpetite. Don't be fooled by the name; Amy Sweet is one of the A.H.'s kinkiest authors."

I haven't seen any "biography" type descriptions of anybody. :confused:
 
sweetnpetite said:
I got an attachement sent to my email.

Ah. I haven't gotten one, but that may be because I don't have a story in the first edition. :)
 
impressive said:
I sent a draft copy of volume 1 to those in it. If you wanna see it, PM me. :rose:

LOL

Either I am blind or you sent me a censored edition.

:(

No biographies in the file you mailed to me.

:D
 
Black Tulip said:
LOL

Either I am blind or you sent me a censored edition.

:(

No biographies in the file you mailed to me.

:D

It was in cantdog's Introduction.
 
impressive said:
It was in cantdog's Introduction.


In which the only mention some of us got was the title of our story.

Yeah, I'm probably being petty, but I wondered why some of us had our name mentioned along with a few words while others of us weren't mentioned at all.
 
sweetie, would you mind sending me? i didnt get cant's into. would love to read it.
 
vella_ms said:
sweetie, would you mind sending me? i didnt get cant's into. would love to read it.

I'll just post it. I'm not dipping into the dissection of this. I asked for help with the front matter. cantdog was the only one who stepped up to the plate. I am very grateful for the help. Had I received more than one, we could've done a poll to choose. Lessons learned for v2 and beyond, eh?

Introduction​


Hot writing is what we do, though each of us does it very differently. It’s the differences that delight, as is true in all things of this world. No one writer or poet could have crafted so many uniquely stimulating pieces. While these pages do not include a sample of everything, every way possible to write about sex and love, we’ll get there. This is only volume one!

We open with an appropriately titled poem by matriarch: The First Time. It’s a breathless tribute to anticipation and, we believe, a fitting representation of our own as we present the first volume of Coming Together.

This collection is especially rich in exceptional stories by women. Mythical Encounter by the Stream is a sweet, simple fantasy that turns very hot. Sex & Candy instantly plunges the reader deep into the helplessly lusting thoughts of a young girl having the most mind-blowing sex.

In contrast is the suspenseful, hand-crafted buildup of Take Two as a sexy Asian executive ruthlessly seduces her personal assistant. Colleen Thomas is one of our most respected and influential writers, particularly of lesbian erotica. The idea of control is central to her story, whereas chaos characterizes that of vella_ms. There is no limit to what can happen to Violet in She Had Had Enough. The hilarious saga of the hapless kazoo player feels as though it could go anywhere.

Black Tulip’s The Sequoia Secret takes us into another world; a vivid one. Story and sex alike are strong. She makes you smell it. Wetter Has Never Been Better is a crisp, fast-paced story with a great deal of passionate and intense coupling, handled with a sure touch. impressive has won our respect for her poems, as well. One of which, Cusp, is also a part of this collection and is beautifully illustrated by rhinoguy.

The women’s stories are accompanied by gems from some of our men. She Danced focuses on an unusual and driven young woman, delineated artfully in a story full of sexual energy. Use Your Imagination presents a couple who practice bondage and dominance games for the first time in a steamy and satisfying tale. Both Liar and TheEarl can hold their heads up even in this company. Liar’s evocative and concise Coffee Break Fuck Poem is here, as well. There’s no reason not to start with it; the man is good.

English Lady is at her comfortable best with a whimsical and horny lead-off story. She has an enthusiasm for real, honest sex that shines through every time. Amy Sweet, usually writing as sweetnpetite, contributed Faded Rose.

rhinoguy rises to any occasion with expressive and beautifully indecent drawings throughout this volume. I especially like his outstanding illustrations for Coffee Break Fuck Poem and Belegon’s excellent and visceral Beast. An irreplaceable part of our online community, he has gathered other illustrators to us, as well. 4degrees and cantdog also appear in this volume. 4degrees published petition on the web as an illustrated poem, succeeding in both spheres.

Each volume of Coming Together will feature both poetry and prose. Poetry, erotic and otherwise, makes for more passionate controversy than the stories. Poets have formed factions and carried out feuds!

Sometimes the poem and its illustration inspire one another. rhino teamed with logophile on The Offering and with LadyJeanne for Man of Steel. There is no seam visible at the join in either case.

These works were first published on the web, existing as states of charge on server media and as data packets sent along conductors. Now they are condensed onto paper, readable even in the tub; objects in the everyday world. And they’re hot.

~ cantdog​
 
Okay, so don't dip into it.

I just wondered. I didn't double check against the list of stories, but of everything mentioned in the preface, me and Yui only get a title mention while everyone else is mentioned by name. Kind of makes me feel like the red-headed step child.

It struck me when I first read it, but at that point I decided to keep my mouth shut. I guess I should have anyway.
 
cant did a wonderful job. im glad he was the one who stepped up to the plate. he has a way with words, that one.
thanks for posting it.
 
vella_ms said:
cant did a wonderful job. im glad he was the one who stepped up to the plate. he has a way with words, that one.
thanks for posting it.

I don't disagree with that.

I guess I need thicker skin. Seeing most everyone else's name mentioned while mine was absent... stung. So I'm human. Sue me.


I'll shut up now.
 
CrimsonMaiden said:
I don't disagree with that.

I guess I need thicker skin. Seeing most everyone else's name mentioned while mine was absent... stung. So I'm human. Sue me.


I'll shut up now.
no, i would feel the same way...without question. i hate being an oversight.
*hugs*
 
CrimsonMaiden said:
Okay, so don't dip into it.

I just wondered. I didn't double check against the list of stories, but of everything mentioned in the preface, me and Yui only get a title mention while everyone else is mentioned by name. Kind of makes me feel like the red-headed step child.

It struck me when I first read it, but at that point I decided to keep my mouth shut. I guess I should have anyway.

Crim, I wasn't mentioned at all. So, no, not everyone is mentioned.

SJ
 
Wouldn't it be the simplest of things, to just add..'by Crimson Maiden', and 'by Yui' next to the story titles in the text?????
 
sophia jane said:
Crim, I wasn't mentioned at all. So, no, not everyone is mentioned.

SJ

Yeah, in checking, it was me, you, Minx, and Yui. Mine and Yui got title mentions but no names (everyone else got both), but you and Minx didn't get either.

I know I said I was going to shut up, but it doesn't sit well with me that MOST get mentioned and the rest of us get left out one way or the other. If you are going to mention names and titles do them ALL instead of doing 8 out of 10 author's names with their stories and 7 out of 10 poet's names and poems. (sweet wrote a poem, she got mentioned in story but not for her poem.)


Yes, it's nitpicky, but when you point out almost everyone and leave out a couple, you are going to end up with hurt feelings. I KNOW it wasn't done on purpose, but it needs to be consistent.

If any of you want to label me a bitch about this, then go ahead. Too often I keep my mouth shut because I'm afraid of what people will think of me.
 
CrimsonMaiden said:
Yeah, in checking, it was me, you, Minx, and Yui. Mine and Yui got title mentions but no names (everyone else got both), but you and Minx didn't get either.

I know I said I was going to shut up, but it doesn't sit well with me that MOST get mentioned and the rest of us get left out one way or the other. If you are going to mention names and titles do them ALL instead of doing 8 out of 10 author's names with their stories and 7 out of 10 poet's names and poems. (sweet wrote a poem, she got mentioned in story but not for her poem.)


Yes, it's nitpicky, but when you point out almost everyone and leave out a couple, you are going to end up with hurt feelings. I KNOW it wasn't done on purpose, but it needs to be consistent.

If any of you want to label me a bitch about this, then go ahead. Too often I keep my mouth shut because I'm afraid of what people will think of me.

I complained to Imp in email, Crim. So I get what you're saying. It hurt my feelings, too, but I decided not to take it personally cuz I only had a poem in and figure my piece isn't as big a deal as some of the others. I do know exactly what you mean about most being mentioned, but I know Cant wasn't trying to slight anyone when he wrote it.

SJ
 
sophia jane said:
I complained to Imp in email, Crim. So I get what you're saying. It hurt my feelings, too, but I decided not to take it personally cuz I only had a poem in and figure my piece isn't as big a deal as some of the others. I do know exactly what you mean about most being mentioned, but I know Cant wasn't trying to slight anyone when he wrote it.

SJ

You aren't being bitchy, either of you.

Being a big deal or a little deal, isn't the point of this exercise. Each piece is in there on its merit, and each piece is as relevant and valid as the next.
 
matriarch said:
You aren't being bitchy, either of you.

Being a big deal or a little deal, isn't the point of this exercise. Each piece is in there on its merit, and each piece is as relevant and valid as the next.

I agree with Mat. Cant did a great job, but he is human. :)
So, he forgot some of us.
He didn't do it on purpose, but it stings nevertheless.

I'm sure Imp or Cant himself can correct it without much trouble.
Heck, even if it is a lot of trouble, he will set it straight.
Have you asked him?

:cool:

LOL I didn't even know there was such a thing as an Introduction written already.

:D

Have we found a name for ourselves yet?

Smutwackers Anonymous?
Pornographers Anonymous?
Fleshpeddlers?
Lustsellers?
Lusttellers?

:eek:
 
Back
Top