AH Anthology

I absolutely love it.

Great job, Rhino.

I liked the pictures of that ugly guy too. :p

:D
 
CrimsonMaiden said:
Yeah, in checking, it was me, you, Minx, and Yui. Mine and Yui got title mentions but no names (everyone else got both), but you and Minx didn't get either.

I know I said I was going to shut up, but it doesn't sit well with me that MOST get mentioned and the rest of us get left out one way or the other. If you are going to mention names and titles do them ALL instead of doing 8 out of 10 author's names with their stories and 7 out of 10 poet's names and poems. (sweet wrote a poem, she got mentioned in story but not for her poem.)


Yes, it's nitpicky, but when you point out almost everyone and leave out a couple, you are going to end up with hurt feelings. I KNOW it wasn't done on purpose, but it needs to be consistent.

If any of you want to label me a bitch about this, then go ahead. Too often I keep my mouth shut because I'm afraid of what people will think of me.

I don't really mind that the poem wasn't mentioned, but I do think everyone should be mentioned once. I think it's ok that some have a few more words than others (although, I have to admit, I liked it better when I was one with a few more, lol). But I do agree that no one should just be left off altogether. It's kind of a thrill and I wouldn't like it if my name was left off.

I don't think your being a bitch at all EL, just stating your feelings. And we are all entitled to that. I just hope we can get this book out soon (the anticipation is killing me, lol) and with *no* hurt feelings.

:kiss:
 
impressive said:
sweetnpetite's "What lie is this?" leaves a big white space at the bottom of the page that could use fillin'

Same with the end of her "Faded Rose"

angelicminx' "Mind Fuck" could use a tall, vertical illustration

... otherwise, we be fillin' up nicely. :heart:

If anyone were willing to draw the opening scene with the two hookers standing in the ally, I think that would work well- and I'd be your best friend:)

(cut and paste from an earlier post- to make sure -hopefully- that it gets seen:))
 
sweetnpetite said:
I don't really mind that the poem wasn't mentioned, but I do think everyone should be mentioned once. I think it's ok that some have a few more words than others (although, I have to admit, I liked it better when I was one with a few more, lol). But I do agree that no one should just be left off altogether. It's kind of a thrill and I wouldn't like it if my name was left off.

I don't think your being a bitch at all EL, just stating your feelings. And we are all entitled to that. I just hope we can get this book out soon (the anticipation is killing me, lol) and with *no* hurt feelings.

:kiss:




Sweet, dear, it wasn't EL that said it, it was me (thanks for your post :rose: ). And from the lack of replies from Imp and Cant, I imagine this issue is being ignored (or cant hasn't read any of this yet).
 
Last edited:
CrimsonMaiden said:
Sweet, dear, it wasn't EL that said it, it was me (thanks for your post :rose: ). And from the lack of replies from Imp and Cant, I imagine this issue is being ignored (or cant hasn't read any of this yet).

Oh! I wondered about the red headed step child bit!

Sorry, Crim.


Anyone have a link to the cover illustration?
 
Gwen's Intro

Just received this. I think it's terrific.

You are holding a book in your hands. It is of a good weight, filled with substantial word count. Those words create stories and those stories weave fantasies, experiences, hopes, dreams and even fears into a celebration of something we all too often take for granted: The Freedom of Speech.

Freedom of Speech. A deceptively simple phrase, three words filled with just as many problems as promise. Though no one can truly trace the earliest beginnings of the right to free speech, clear documentation of the right can be found as early as the 1680s, when William and Mary took the throne during the Glorious Revolution. Soon after, freedom of speech was officially granted in Parliament.

Thus, the fun—and the censorship—began.

For countless years, the right to say whatever we please has been denied, debated and attacked. Freedom of speech—or more accurately, the attempt to curtail it—has sparked wars. Men and women have died in defense of it. Those in positions of power have made a vast history of their own in trying to tame the power of free speech. Why are governments the world over so afraid of letting the citizens speak their minds? In the world of democracy and enlightenment, why do so many subjects remain taboo?

Where there is free speech, there is active freedom of thought; where there is freedom of thought, there is danger to authority. Over the vast history of nations, the written word has been the one constant. It has often been the last bastion of stubborn resistance, and history teaches us that resistance to authority is often considered unacceptable.

When the Internet came along, things got very interesting indeed.

Since before its inception, the Internet has been a source of consternation for those who despise the power of freedom of speech. The Internet reaches farther than the pages of any book and in much less time. Suddenly everyone has a voice, and that voice is free to say whatever it pleases. Someone might even be able to openly discuss something as forbidden as sexuality. My goodness—what comes next?

The desperate attempts to stem the power of the Internet march on in more than a few governments across this globe. Every day there is a new challenge. The battles rage on in the courts, in the churches and in the houses of government. Those battles are being fought in a war that will never be truly won, for as long as there is someone afraid of what free speech can do, there will be another lawsuit, another proposal, or another bill passed in an attempt to bring free speech under tight rein.

In response, there will be those who prescribe to the age-old rule concerning authority: Rules are meant to be broken.

There was a time when this book you are holding would never have been published. There was a time when this book would have been burned while onlookers cheered. There was a time when the people who wrote the stories you are about to read would have been ridiculed. Shunned. Jailed. There are still places in our modern world where those writers might be executed for daring to loudly proclaim their support of sexuality in all its forms. Hard to believe, isn’t it?

You hold in your hands more than a book. You hold a triumph. Every page is a testament to free speech. By reading the words in these pages, you are helping to ensure that book burnings continue to be relegated to the pages of history books. By purchasing this book, you have furthered the cause of those who fight to protect not only the author’s right to say what they have said, but your right to read it.

The authors in this book are spread widely across the globe. They are men and women of varying races, creeds and educations. They are single and married, young and old, dreamers and realists. Whatever they are, wherever they are, there is a part of their lives that might sound just like yours.

They have one thing in common: They are not afraid to wield the written word. They are not afraid to use it to touch parts of the human psyche—and parts of the human body—to make you think, make you feel, make you want and need and desire and dream. They have found the ability to turn black and white words on a page into a kaleidoscope of color in your mind. If there is magic to be had in this world, writers are the magicians.

Now it’s time to turn the page, reader. Time to make your way through the tales. Go ahead—no one is going to stop you. Exercise your right to read whatever you wish!

-Gwen Masters

Gwen also recommended a BIOGRAPHY section at the end where each author/poet/illustrator can write 50 words about him/herself. Do y'all want to do this?
 
And for the back cover ...

Smut. Porn. Erotica.

Whatever you want to call it, ladies and gentlemen...This is it.

Coming Together: An Erotic Cocktail is an impressive collection of stories, poetry and illustrations by amateurs from across the globe. In these pages you are sure to find feelings, thoughts, dreams and desires that will strike very close to home. There are stories of the mundane made glorious, and stories of the glorious made mundane. There are fantasies that could never happen in real life, and others that most certainly could and probably have. There are sexual orientations of every kind, positions galore, and more than a few moments that will make you laugh out loud even as you get turned on. There will be times you want to put this book down, and there will be times you simply cannot bear to do anything but keep reading.

In other words, everything you want is right here.

- Gwen Masters
 
impressive said:
Just received this. I think it's terrific.



Gwen also recommended a BIOGRAPHY section at the end where each author/poet/illustrator can write 50 words about him/herself. Do y'all want to do this?

I think that's a fantastic idea, Imp!
 
Very nice forward and backward from Ms. Masters, Imp.

I like the biography idea as well.
 
my mistake

sweetnpetite said:
Wow- looks great so far. One correction about me:) is that I don't really write romance. As Amy Sweet I have one story (novel) posted that *could* be considered romance (maybe)- but it's more extreme in many places than Faded Rose. As sweetnpetite I post mainly stroke type, really kinky stuff. Don't be fooled by the 'sweet' sounding name. I do write romance under another pen-name here- a novel in the making that is far from complete (Match Made In Heaven) but I don't want that printed in the book bc. as I said, it's far from complete. Perhaps a better description of me is "Amy Sweet writes under a seemingly endless variety of pseudonyms on Literotica, most notably and prolifically sweetnpetite. Don't be fooled by the name; Amy Sweet is one of the A.H.'s kinkiest authors."

Sorry I messed up the foreword, or preface, or whatever it is. Your story seemed to be driven by a fetish for the low and nasty; like Baudelaire, you know? It took plot turns in order to plumb the depths, as though the protag had a need to self-degrade. But I was confused by the alts. I will do my best to fix the thing.

cantdog
 
CrimsonMaiden said:
Yeah, in checking, it was me, you, Minx, and Yui. Mine and Yui got title mentions but no names (everyone else got both), but you and Minx didn't get either.

I know I said I was going to shut up, but it doesn't sit well with me that MOST get mentioned and the rest of us get left out one way or the other. If you are going to mention names and titles do them ALL instead of doing 8 out of 10 author's names with their stories and 7 out of 10 poet's names and poems. (sweet wrote a poem, she got mentioned in story but not for her poem.)


Yes, it's nitpicky, but when you point out almost everyone and leave out a couple, you are going to end up with hurt feelings. I KNOW it wasn't done on purpose, but it needs to be consistent.

If any of you want to label me a bitch about this, then go ahead. Too often I keep my mouth shut because I'm afraid of what people will think of me.
I'm an idiot. I mentioned "names" sometimes and not other times because they aren't real names. I was trying to keep a variety in the presentation, and I didn't imagine people were attached to their lit handles. I can see i should have run it past the group, now. I've never done anything like this, and I am dismayed to have been the cause of so much heartache.
 
matriarch said:
Wouldn't it be the simplest of things, to just add..'by Crimson Maiden', and 'by Yui' next to the story titles in the text?????
I hope I can still do something like this, or a more general refurbish? Does the ISSN process allow us to edit front matter?
 
cloudy said:
I think that's a fantastic idea, Imp!
I do hope people do a bio blurb. It would take the heat off me and i hope the sting off my failures. My biggest failures were with the poems, because I am no good about poems. Unless they happened to have 'hit' me, as it were, I am without the tools to discuss them. No critical skills with poetry; just gut reaction. So when I had no handle, I said nothing. maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.
 
Last edited:
cantdog said:
I hope I can still do something like this, or a more general refurbish? Does the ISSN process allow us to edit front matter?

Yes, dear. You may edit.
 
cantdog said:
I do hope people do a bio blurb.

If we're gonna do 'em, I need EVERYONE in volume 1's blurbs, like NOW. I know Mat's en route to the U.S. -- so I'll take the liberty to do hers. (MWAH!)

50 words, folks. Don't go over and force me to edit. :rolleyes: Say whatever the hell you please about yourself, just do it concisely. Write about yourself in the 3rd person, please. Illustrators, too!
 
Gwen Masters said:
They have one thing in common: They are not afraid to wield the written word. They are not afraid to use it to touch parts of the human psyche—and parts of the human body—to make you think, make you feel, make you want and need and desire and dream.
I just love a woman who can spell "wield," first go.
 
Back
Top