AH Anthology

HFS! I've only been and gone and done it!!!! :D

I really am not complaining, because I am so bloody honoured to have had my design for the cover chosen, but you would not believe the flippin' headache I've had trying to get it right! The measurements had to be so precise, because I'd been so bloody bold in choosing to do a wrap-around cover (for example, the spine template was 1648 pxls high, and the front and back cover templates were 2406 pxls high, so I had to get the cutting of the cocktail shaker into the three elements so precise!).

Anyway, I've uploaded it to the dummy CafePress book I've been creating, and the WYSIWYG images for the cover look pretty damn precise to me!

I've attached a screen shot of the image here, let me know what you think, everyone!

Imp, I'll be mailing you the max. res. images asap (just wanna check and double check that they are completely accurate). Does the back cover look ok to you, or is the blurb taking up too much room???

Lou :kiss:
 
impressive said:
YOU RAWK, LOU! It's purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :nana:

You would not believe how bloody relieved I am to see you say that!!! Thank you!

:D :nana: :D

:kiss: :kiss:
 
That cover is PERFECT, Lou. :kiss: Even though the entire contents are freely available to me, I think I'll buy the book, if for nothing else, for the cover. :nana:
 
Boxlicker101 said:
That cover is PERFECT, Lou. :kiss: Even though the entire contents are freely available to me, I think I'll buy the book, if for nothing else, for the cover. :nana:

Oh my, I think you made a tear seep from my eye. :)

Thank you, Box, that was bloody wonderful of you to say! :kiss: :rose:

(I plan on buying at least 5 copies of each volume, and probably a lot more! :D)
 
Brilliant!

Now, everyone else - SIXTY WORD BIOS IN BY THE END OF THE WEEK OR THERE'LL BE TROUBLE!

The Earl
 
rhinoguy said:
...so...that brings us to pricing.
Past experience with Cafe press...the "store owner" (impressive) can purchase the items at cost. WIll contributing authors (and ILLUSTRATORS) be able to do the same...or just too unwieldy?

Can't imagine Imp buying at cost and then WE buy them from her...too much trouble for Imp. Or was everyone expecting to pay the "list" price?

Cover looks GREAT! Lou.

I was gonna buy mine at retail.

However, we need to decide on the markup. Our base price will be right around $14.50

I believe we need to stay UNDER $20 (USD) ... but beyond that, I'm clueless.
 
This may have been addressed already, but will lit mention it at all? Also, will the site that we're giving any proceeds to give a link to us at Cafe Press? Seems like they would benefit by helping market it?

SJ
 
TheEarl said:
Brilliant!

Now, everyone else - SIXTY WORD BIOS IN BY THE END OF THE WEEK OR THERE'LL BE TROUBLE!

The Earl
But... I like trouble. Should I take mine back?
 
impressive said:
I was gonna buy mine at retail.

However, we need to decide on the markup. Our base price will be right around $14.50

I believe we need to stay UNDER $20 (USD) ... but beyond that, I'm clueless.

Okay, so I lied about bed.

$20 is about £12-13 in real money, isn't it? I'd say if we sold it at around £10 (which should be roughly $17-18 in Mickey Mouse currency), then that would be fair enough. I'd say £10 is about the most if we're going to sell any copies to anyone but our friends and family.

And I'm more than happy to buy at list.

The Earl
 
BlackSnake said:
That's awesome. Could you make one from the Men's Sleeveless Tee? The ladies might like the Woman's Tank Top also

I can & will. PM me a reminder, please -- and I'll do it tomorrow. TY :rose:
 
woo hoo,it's all looking grand! well done all and especially IMP :)

Like the Earl £10 sounds about right to me...
 
:confused:

How come I see nothing? Except a page saying the site is down for maintenance.
Did they wait till I came along? Jeez...

:devil:
 
Back
Top