Can you identify this object????

registered "^^"

"^^"
Joined
Jun 29, 2001
Posts
2,869
49" long, 6" wide when closed, weighs 38 pounds!! and don't ask me I do not know what it is.....lol......unless it is vasectomy shears for the Jolly Green Giant!
 
ummmmmmmmmm kinda rusty

can you say lock jaw?........:eek:



;)
 
Looks very much like blacksmith shears. For cutting / trimming worked plate.

The lower tang would fit into a hole in the end of the anvil, the inner tang prevented crushed nuckles.
 
I had the same thought about a blacksmiths tool when I saw it. Had to dig back through my mind but I do remember seeing some tools like that before. I have been to a few historical sites that have tools like that. It looks alot like them.
 
it looks like a old pair of tin snips to me. i'll bet the L shaped end had a fuction too.
 
Back
Top