Claymore and Dagger (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam laughed at that. "They know better. I'm sure Leon's already talked t'them both jus' t'be safe."

They stopped to pick up supplies for Suara before heading to the village, and when they arrived, Fiona was met with an interesting sight. A green dragon had landed in the village, lithe and catlike save her barrel chest. And beside her was Kesh, looking a bit dizzy and laying in the grass. Suara was outside, and standing before her was Owen, the two conversing quietly.
 
Fiona was surprised to see her father, but she was quick to dismount from her horse the moment that she could. "Da!" She called out, hurrying to him and hugging him tightly.
 
Owen turned to catch Fiona, nearly stumbling and hugging her tightly against his chest. "Hello, little kit," he muttered. "You weren't at the keep so I came here to wait for you."
 
"We had errands to run this morning, so we set out early." Fiona said softly as her father caught her up in his arms and hugged her. "There's been so much that has happened since we've been gone."
 
"And even more since you've been gone, Owen," Suara added with a smile. "Though my people weren't here yet when you were last here. You've missed plenty in town and in the other village."

"I know I have. But at least for the moment, this is the one I'm catching up with," Owen murmured, hugging Fiona a little tighter. "We can get to the rest of the world as it comes."
 
"You didn't fly all of this way with Kesh and a dragon, did you?" Fiona asked as Owen held her tightly against his side, telling Suara that he was building his relationship with her first before he focused on anything else.
 
"No, though I did have her carry Kesh over the English channel and then over the river south of here. Apparently my poor drake is petrified of flying." Owen chuckled as he looked to his drake laying in the grass looking thoroughly done in. "He was a good sport about it, though."
 
"Is that your dragon?" Fiona asked as she glanced towards the smaller green dragon who was resting after their flight. "I...I didn't think you liked to ride."
 
"I don't like it because of the risk to the dragon..." He looked up at the dragon. "This is Kamei Matsuya. She comes from Japan, off the coast of China. She and I were partners for a while, but I sent her home after we had too many close calls. She met me in Lithuania while I was searching for another dragon, she'd heard there was trouble with the Empire. And she decided we would be working together again."

"I still don't quite understand why we ever stopped," Kamei sighed. "Stubborn Fox."
 
"He's not known for making the best choices." Fiona commented as the dragon spoke about her father being a stubborn fox. "But I'm glad that he's finally back home."

Fiona then left her father's side, turning to help Sam carry supplies into Suara's home. Once the larder and the pantry was filled, she took a seat with the elder wolf and her father to discuss some things that needed to be spoken about.

"I am prepared to help him get back on his feet here in the community. He needs a good home since the home that we had is long gone." Fiona said as she glanced over at her father. "And you're not going to argue. You just escaped from slavery and I am going to take care of you until you can do it on your own."
 
"I can manage, Fiona..." Owen murmured, making Suara chuckle.

"Whether you can or not, I wouldn't refuse if I were you, Owen. And you need someone.to help you start out."
 
"You can choose to live anywhere you like and I'll help you get a house built." Fiona said softly as she looked at her father. "You're not going to struggle here in Inverness."
 
Sam spoke up then, "An' until you have a home, we can either have you a' the keep 'r find a place t'rent."

Owen could only smile. "Thank you... And only a few months ago I thought I'd never come back to stay."
 
"I never thought that you'd come back either. I'm glad that you did." Fiona said softly, squeezing his hand tightly. "And I'm going to take care of you, whether you like it or not."
 
Fiona chuckled as her father rested his head against her own and they discussed with Suara what the needs were for her group and where her father might be able to fit into everything. It would take a while to find his way, but Fiona was confident that he would find his way.
 
Owen seemed to like the idea of joining the Erygonian village, to rejoin the culture his bloodline had once been so proud of. And as an accepted member of another Erygonian tribe, he'd be welcomed as a brother.

"I worry, though, about the people who might remember me from my youth," Owen murmured with a sigh. "Especially the humans among them. I said a lot of unforgivable things, and I got into fights just to prove my superiority. I don't believe any of that anymore... but that may not save me from some hatred."

"There will always be people who dislike you, I'm afraid," Suara nodded. "But with Brogan and Taqu'un's acceptance, you are welcome. And I believe you've paid in full for who you used to be. If anyone decides to resume an old fight, we will support you. Brogan has cleared you with Fiona's assurance that you've changed."

"Remind me to thank him a thousand times over," Owen murmured to Fiona. "And you."
 
"You're my Da. You don't need to thank me for anything." Fiona said softly as her father turned towards her again. "If anything, I owed Grandpa to bring you back home. That's what he wanted more than anything in this world. He wanted his son and best friend home and content."
 
"Then I'll be sure to thank him for that too... Among other things." Owen kissed her forehead. "Speaking of... I think it's time I went to visit him. I think I'll go on my own this time, if you'll tell me where he's resting."
 
"Right next to grandma and Ma." Fiona said, looking at her father with concern as he said that he would go by himself this first time. "Da, you don't have to go alone."
 
"I know, but I want to. I have a lot to talk about with all three of them, I think." Owen gave her a gentle smile. "I'll come to the keep later on."
 
"You better because there's a lot that we have to talk about." Fiona said softly, kissing her father's cheek before she looked at Sam with a smile.
 
"I'll see you there, then. And Sam." Owen smiled to the younger man before rising, and Suara stood as well to embrace him, catching him off-guard.

"Welcome home, tekar," she murmured, and he couldn't help a warm smile in return before stepping out to rejoin his dragon and drake.
 
"I could make you a quick lunch before we go, Suara." Fiona offered as her father stepped outside to rejoin his dragon and Kesh before they went to the graves. "Just so that you wouldn't have to do it yourself."
 
"If you make lunch, you're both staying to help me eat it," Suara demanded with a smile.

"Y'twisted my arm," Sam chuckled, rising from Fiona's side to get a few things out from the supplies they brought.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top