Claymore and Dagger (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It doesn't take much to twist Sam's arm." Fiona said with a chuckle as they helped Suara prepare a meal and told her about what had happened that morning. "I'm not sure if Ciaran wants to raise his cub with a tribe, but I would assume they would go with Justin's in the end."
 
"Justin himself isn't terribly involved with the tribes. His mother was until her mate passed. But they're still members of the Lunar tribe, and Ciaran is an adopted member of my tribe. Their daughter will be a joint member of both by inheritance if they decide to pursue it," Suara explained. "And as a were, she comes from tribal roots anyway and the Ghis have always been involved with both villages."
 
"Well, she'll have to decide when she gets older then. There's no shame in that at all." Fiona said softly as she stirred the rice and rabbit that she had prepared. "I think it gave me a better appreciation for everything having to have waited as long as I did."
 
"I know with my own children I involved them in the tribe but I never forced them to take part in anything they didn't want. But all of them were proud of their heritage from a very young age." Suara smiled to herself. Despite the tragedies her own family had undergone, and how she really only had Naiya and her mother left, Suara could remember the good times before things fell apart.
 
"I'm sure that Dana will have lots of chances to chose what path she wants to take." Fiona said as she glanced towards Sam. "Our children would also get the same chance, I suppose."
 
"O' course they would. No matter who we are, they can be an' do whatever they like as long as they're good people," Sam nodded. Unlike most royalty, he'd grown up not with the expectation to become a powerful and loyal lord, but just to be good, educated, and happy. While he was still working on the last part, he would have been able to become whatever he wanted.
 
"Suara, I promise you that I am trying my hardest to make this big lug happy." Fiona commented, looking over at Sam. "I dare say that I'm about to succeed, even though he would never admit it. If he would quit being stubborn about most every thing, that is."
 
"It takes time to undo a decade of avoiding emotions, dear," Suara sighed with a little smile at Sam. "You might ask Heather. She seems to be one of the few people to make him crack a real smile other than yourself."

"I'm righ' here, y'know," Sam glanced between the two women.

"I know. You can be in on our plotting, I don't mind."
 
"He only smiles around her because she can't see it to tease him." Fiona said as she shooed the both of them away to set the table as she dished up the hearty lunch.
 
"She migh' not be able t'see it, but she knows. But she also knows everyone else teases me enough," Sam countered. "My little sister's good t'me."
 
"She adores you, that's true." Fiona said as he countered her argument. "However, it seems as if you've been replaced by Faust."
 
"Good," Sam nodded. "She should 'ave a proper teacher, especially since my family finally got their wish o' me focusing on somethin' more'n jus' work." He gave her a little smirk. "But I'm still 'er brother. I'll be around if she needs me."
 
Fiona chuckled as he said that, soon sitting down to join them with their meal. It was a good time, talking easily with Suara about nothing in particular. When the meal was done and they had helped her to clean up, the two of them road towards the cliff to check on the tree. It was a lazy day, one that could almost make a person forget that there was a war going on.

Once the horses had taken the long way around and they were tethered to the tree, Fiona simply relaxed with Sam. Her head was resting in his lap as she dozed, not a care in the world in that moment except simply being there with her lover.
 
Sam rested his back against the tree, looking out over the highlands toward the forest that separated them from the villages and town. Thin wisps of smoke rose from tall chimneys here and there, and the belltower and watchtowers on he walls rose as high as the battlements of the keep. In the far distance, ships in the harbor were just visible.

Sam reached down to let his fingers trail through Fiona's hair idly. There was a little part of him that insisted there was work to be done, but his body didn't want to move for the moment.
 
"If the weather in winter is good, I want to marry you here." Fiona murmured in a sleepy voice as his fingers trailed through her hair. "The cliff is big enough to host our friends and family and the dragons."
 
"This is the first place we ever loved each other. It's much more romantic than the jail, which is where you first saw me." Fiona murmured as Sam gently continued to stroke her hair, making her feel drowsy and content. "I think you're trying to make me fall asleep at this point."
 
"Get yer sleep while y'can, love. If things get more hectic, ye'll be sleepin' on the go." Sam smiled down at her. "Welcome t'the soldier's life."
 
"If I sleep, then I miss time with you. That sounds completely sappy, but it's the truth." Fiona said as Sam grinned down at her.
 
"Yer right. It does sound sappy," Sam teased softly, shifting her head out of his lap so he could lay beside her. "I could use a nap too... So y'won't miss anythin'."
 
"You'll spoil me." Fiona chuckled as he moved to lay down beside her.

She rolled against his side, sighing as she snuggled against him. Her head was resting on his shoulder and her arm thrown across his chest. It made her content to simply be near him, breathing in his scent and enjoying him without anything interrupting.
 
Sam pressed a kiss to her forehead when she curled up against his side. It didn't take him long to drift off, having learned from experience how to get to sleep quickly.
 
Fiona's dreams were peaceful for a while before they turned like a fierce summer storm. Her belly ached in the worst way possible as she hid with Sam and another rider. The sense of danger around them as palpable, but all she could focus on was the hard pain that was coursing through her.

"Keep her quiet." The other rider hissed to Sam as Fiona clung to him tightly in her pain. "If she alerts them, we're all done."

"Sam, I can't stop this." Fiona gasped, her belly rippling with hot pain.

"Why would you allow her to ride pregnant?" The rider scolded, looking at Sam as if he were crazy.

"We didn't know we would be attacked. I'm not that far along." Fiona panted, looking at the two of them in pain and fright. "Just leave me behind. Take the dragons and go."

She knew by the look in Sam's eyes, he wouldn't be doing that. However, she also knew that they didn't really have a choice in the matter. The enemy was coming and they would kill anyone that they found.
 
Sam steadied Fiona as the other rider growled at them. Finally he snapped in a whisper, "Shut th' hell up. Get out o' here. We'll manage on our own." Sam watched the other rider slip out of their hiding place, and Sam turned back to Fiona, sitting her down. "Jus' breathe, love," he murmured, somehow retaining his serious calm despite death staring them in the face.
 
"Go, love." Fiona begged him, trying to steady herself as she shook almost violently with cold and pain. "Go. Get back to Inverness."

She would never see home again. She knew that deep in her soul.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top