Claymore and Dagger (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I think you're right though. I want to be like Master Faust one day and teach people like me." Heather confessed to her brother as the drake slowed on the outskirts of the city. "You did a good job but Master Faust makes everything come alive."
 
"I understand, love," Sam nodded. "I did my best but a man tha's trained an' experienced will do far more'n I can. I'm no' tha' kind o' teacher. I train soldiers. Tha's a far cry from what Faust does."
 
"You're different since you met Fiona though. In a good way." Heather said as she felt Kennah turn on another trail.
 
"I've relaxed a little," Sam admitted simply. "But sometimes ye've got to open up a bit t'be close with someone y'love. An' if we're stickin' together, might as well."
 
"Da says you're going to marry her. That makes him happy." Heather said with a grin as her brother tried to brush off his feelings for Fiona.
 
"I suppose I am," Sam smiled slightly. He didn't typically talk about his private life with most people. "This winter."
 
"Do I have to hold your hand so you'll be brave?" Heather teased her brother as he admitted that winter he would marry Fiona.
 
"Keep it up, little lass. The second I find out ye've got a crush someday, I'll never let you live it down. An' tha's a promise."
 
"Who will I ever have a crush on, Sam? I can't see anyone to fall in love." Heather said, slightly confused by his statement as he teased her. "Besides, I like Fiona. You should treat her well and make her happy. If I have to hold your hand for that to happen, I will."
 
"Trust me, love, you don' need t'see t'fall fer someone. Looks are th'last thing tha' matter. Otherwise we'd all fall in love a lot easier."
 
"Koralo's the only one that really sits and talks with me. Ashelin has gotten better but she has her own friends." Heather admitted, a little bit of blush staining her cheeks as she thought about the young were dragon that was becoming her best friend.
 
"Well, being Faust's son, Koralo is probably a lot more acceptin' o' everyone. Probably 'ad a lot o' experience with different sorts o' people."
 
"He likes to hunt so he's trying to teach me a little bit about it." Heather said. "I told him that you had already taught me how to use a bow and arrow. He's was impressed."
 
"Yer a fine archer. An' I've always enjoyed workin' with you at it. Ashelin's no' much of a fan o' weaponry." Sam soon slipped off Kennah's back and helped Heather down as the drake chose to wander into the shade and relax.
 
Heather held onto her brother's hand as they walked into the village together, exploring in a way that they hadn't done since the summer time of last year.

"Da had a bow custom made for me. It's got scales in it like Invah's." Heather said proudly. "And he makes sure that the arrows have sturdy feathers."
 
"Maybe we ought t'go hunting sometime. Could always use more meat fer the drakes if nothin' else. Ye'd be able t'learn how th'animals sound. But it does me some good t'know y'can defend yerself."
 
"You're such a worry wart." Heather teased him as he talked about taking her hunting to know that she could defend herself.
 
"Someone 'as to be, while th'rest o'you go runnin' off t'trouble." Sam chuckled. "Seems like all our family's gettin' into somethin'. Rho with Naiya, Ciaran an' Justin with Dana. I suppose it won't be too much longer fer you an' Ashelin."
 
"Ma was upset at Rho. I've never heard her sound so cross before." Heather said as she remembered being told to go to her room during breakfast that morning. "She called him irresponsible. You and Fiona aren't having a baby too, are you? Ma might box your ears if you do."
 
"Not for a long time if we can help it. But Ma's not mad so much as worried, even terrified for 'im an' especially Naiya. Naiya's scared t'death. Rho knows it, but y'know how 'e is. Always positive about everythin'."
 
"Babies are supposed to be a positive thing." Heather said as they passed by a stall in the market that was serving hot rolls.

She pulled Sam to a stop and looked towards where the smell was coming from. REaching into her pocket, she pulled out a few coins and approached, offering them to the man who ran the stall in exchange for two fresh sweet rolls. When she had purchased them, she offered one to Sam with a smile before she bit into her own.
 
Sam kissed her cheek in thanks for the sweet roll and savored his own as they walked. "Seems like yer gonna start spoilin' me. Save some o' that fer Rho's cub. An' don' mistake Ma's worry fer a lack of excitement. Once she's sure Rho an' Naiya'll be okay, she'll be ecstatic."
 
"And you'll be king then." Heather said in an off handed way. "I might be blind, but I know that Rho hasn't really wanted to be king for a long time. Da even knows it. He thinks that you'll hate him forever if he asks you, so he hasn't."
 
"Huh. So tha's why th'old man 'asn't said anythin'. I figured it was a forgone conclusion a' this point. I'll 'ave to sit down an' talk with 'im an' Ma... Probably Fiona as well. It's her future too." To Heather, Sam seemed completely neutral about the idea, versus his other siblings who had either shown pride or fear when they'd been considered for the inheritance.
 
"I can help you too, Sam." She said softly as he spoke about talking to their father about the throne. "I know I won't be leaving Inverness unless it's to travel. I can take on some of your smaller responsibilities."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top