GeeBee Tech Support thread - pose questions, get answers

I updated my android to nougat os. Anyway, before the update, when uploading, I had the option to poke around in my app files to find what I wanted to upload. Now that has been completely taken away and I'm only given these options

Does anyone know how I can bring back the documents (or maybe it was internal storage)option or am I stuck with this?

download a file app, they got rid of that option


Now I'm picturing him like Uncle Frank in Hellraiser.

he totally does
 
Also, battery life on the OPO is becoming noticeable. When's the OP 4 due? I don't want to lash out on a 3T if the 4 gets launched a week later.
 
Also, battery life on the OPO is becoming noticeable. When's the OP 4 due? I don't want to lash out on a 3T if the 4 gets launched a week later.

Met some Oneplus people at MWC last week. Their official line is no immediate releases. Likely waiting for the Snapdragon 835 to stop having the jitters and get into mass production. Which is what's delaying the release of the new Sony flagship to may or june.
 
Met some Oneplus people at MWC last week. Their official line is no immediate releases. Likely waiting for the Snapdragon 835 to stop having the jitters and get into mass production. Which is what's delaying the release of the new Sony flagship to may or june.

Yeah, I was reading that the yield on 10nm chips is less than stellar.
 
I ordered an Amazon Fire 2 TV box. Obviously I'm gonna sideload Kodi onto it, that's no problem and doesn't require rooting. But I want to root it anyway, for backup, skins etc. There's a nice simple rooting method by rbox on XDA but it only works for AFTV running 5.2.1.0 firmware or older. I assume my new box will arrive Tuesday with the latest firmware. Anyone know of a root method that won't involve me spending four hours in a command line?

Kodi Box BAN - Using your Kodi Box could soon be ILLEGAL, and this is why

USING a Kodi Box could soon be illegal, following a fresh round of discussions from the UK's Intellectual Property Office about how best to tackle copyright and fraud caused by these hugely-popular streaming boxes


I have a rooted Firestick, not sure about the TV.

Now I'm picturing him like Uncle Frank in Hellraiser.

Lawlz

Also, battery life on the OPO is becoming noticeable. When's the OP 4 due? I don't want to lash out on a 3T if the 4 gets launched a week later.

Met some Oneplus people at MWC last week. Their official line is no immediate releases. Likely waiting for the Snapdragon 835 to stop having the jitters and get into mass production. Which is what's delaying the release of the new Sony flagship to may or june.

Yeah, I was reading that the yield on 10nm chips is less than stellar.

I'm such a huge fan of OPO now. My 3T is by far the best phone I've ever owned. The Oxygen OS is sweet enough but rooted with Resurrection Remix - it's amazing.

I've heard about an India release coming in April/May for #5 (not #4, unlucky in Chinese culture).

OnePlus 5 Rumours Are Already In And Here's What We Know

The 835 with dual cams, waterproof, 8gb RAM, removable media (and possibly battery) along with the improved but already sickening DASH Charge... Hells yes!
 
Cool story, bro.

Gotta give credit where it's due.

Got on HP Chat support yesterday for a battery issue on my lappy. The battery was failing and even though the laptop is still under warranty, the rep said he couldn't replace the battery because it technically *passed* the test.

Then, he did something unexpected. He opened a Notepad document and started typing there. He was telling me how to answer his questions in chat so he could send me a new battery at no charge - off the record - away from the prying eyes of HP.

Kudo, HP Dude. Kudos.
 
Lit and iPhone

Hi, guys.

I have a question for you:

Are there reasons to worry about reading and posting here from an iPhone?

I do it a lot lately, and another poster mentioned it's "not bright" to do so. Admittedly, I'm not always the brightest bulb, so I'm wondering why not.

Any thoughts you feel like sharing are appreciated.

Thank you!
 
Windows 10 will not always boot up from start-up, and when it does it tends to freeze up the computer. WTF is going on with?
 
this stupid thing is telling me to on on as an administrator. Ahhhhhhh!
 
Last edited:
Top tip:

To download any YouTube vid without installing any software, simply insert 'conv' before 'Youtube' in a youtube link. After that, just follow the prompts.

Easy peasy.
 
Last edited:
Purchased an Amazon Fire HD 10.1" tablet and sideloaded Google Play services on in. Shame CyanogenMod is kaput.

That screen though.....damn, that's pretty.
 
Back
Top