I Run Star Trek

ranajja said:



Now, is there any truth to that rumor that Hulk Hogan will be on the new series as a Klingon? I actually think that would be obnoxiously cool...



Hulk Hogan as a klingon ???? Well, yeah, now that you mention it he does sorta look like a klingon. Certainly acts like one. ;)
 
Dixon Carter Lee said:
Shatner's alive. You screw around with the spacetime continuum. You telling me you can't come up with 300 scenarios? Deep Space is over and done with...it took a deep space dive into the deep space deep end. Odo will have his own comic book, but that's it. As for hot tub scenes I find them anti-erotic. Have you ever tried to actually FUCK in water?

Of course I can come up with 300 scenarios. But you're the one running Trek, not me.

And yes, DS9 may be history but the characters - some of the best ever conceived in the Trek universe, IMHO - live on. I want to see Odo, Quark, and Garak again, and no, I'm not talking about reruns. I want to see Avery Brooks, shaved head and all, tell Jean-Luc to blow it out his ass. I want to see Kira strutting her stuff in the alternate universe. I want to see Spock and Riker (I know, I've switched to TNG now) trapped on a deserted planet together and forced to turn gay to get their kicks ("It's only logical," Spock intones as he shoves his Vulcan sausage up Riker's butt).

I want to see the Doctor instructing Data in the latest clitoral stimulation techniques, using 7 of 9 as a subject. I want Troi's mother to come back and perform fellatio on Q. I want Jordi to get his visor back (with all sorts of cool modifications). I want Dax (the original Dax, not the replacement - although she was kind of cute, too) to have a 3-way with B'Elanna and Troi.

And will somebody please, please kill Lt. Barclay?
 
LOL!

Gaucho said:
I want to see Spock and Riker (I know, I've switched to TNG now) trapped on a deserted planet together and forced to turn gay to get their kicks ("It's only logical," Spock intones as he shoves his Vulcan sausage up Riker's butt).

Now, that's just wrong...

And will somebody please, please kill Lt. Barclay?

Now, now, why would you want to kill Lt. Broccoli? I thought his use of the holodeck was quite imaginative...

'Bout time somebody 'fessed up and showed us what the holodeck was really being used for.
 
Last edited:
Re: LOL!

ranajja said:


Now, that's just wrong...

Okay, I'll admit that I got carried away a bit with the Riker/Spock scenario. Must have been Never's anal thread. My real problem with this dates back to the TNG episode where they brought Spock in. Virtually the entire show consisted of Spock together with Picard (with a little Data thrown in for good measure) and the whole thing fell flat as a pancake (this was obviously another one that Dix had no part of). Spock and Picard are too much alike (Hey! Maybe they're the real butt buddies!). But if you threw Spock and Riker (TNG's answer to Kirk) together and forced them to interact, you'd get sparks and a whole lot more fun. And you can add that to my list of things I'd like to see in a future movie.

But as for poor Reg, I'm sorry but I'm afraid my phaser is still set on "incinerate".
 
Reg is okay (at least he's well acted, as opposed to some other past and future secondary players). The one I'd like to bitch-slap is George Takei for taking his cool Sulu character and turning him into the fussy Queen-For-A-Day nutter-butter he is now.

Then again, I wouldn't mind seeing Naomi Wildman sucked out of an airlock.

But the worst, the Star Trek "Character" I'd most like to see dipped into a warp core by his testicles is the idiot smiling Hippie in that original ST episode who kept yelling "Herbert!" Kill him. Kill him now.
 
Oh, yeah...

Dixon Carter Lee said:
But the worst, the Star Trek "Character" I'd most like to see dipped into a warp core by his testicles is the idiot smiling Hippie in that original ST episode who kept yelling "Herbert!" Kill him. Kill him now.

The one with the goofy grin and the curly hair? Adam, wasn't it?

The ST character I hated was the bulbous headed alien that kept saying, we're going to destroy your ship in 10.2 minutes...10.1 minutes...9.8 minutes...make your peace and kiss your ass goodbye 'cause we're gonna destroy you in 9.2 minutes...went on like that for the whole dang episode, until it turned out to be a little midget dressed like Julius Caesar...

really really really hated that one, DCL...
 
I'll be watching the Premeire of "Enterprise" tonight ready to e-mail Paramount any changes. I've already warned them that I am expecting the introduction of Star Fleet miniskirts very soon. If after watching the show you have any other requests please let me know, and I will use my powers to see that they are acted upon.
 
Oh, my goodness...

That's tonight????


Whoa, I'd lost all track of it! Thanks for reminding me, DCL!!!
 
Could one of you guy's please tell us if it's any good without giving the whole thing away.....we probably won't get to see it until next year....bummer.

BTW I hope we finally find out how the Kligon's got their ripple heads.
 
Dixon Carter Lee said:
I’m convinced of it.

And Jordi? Oh -- he is soooooo gonna die.
LOL!:)

There are two complaints I have about Star Trek and the first applies to most outer space sci fi series/movies:

1) Not enough time spent on planets vs. time spend on the space ship. If you were a space explorer wouldn't you want to go planetside once in a while? I know outside sets are more expensive by far, but some shows manage it.

2) The tech in Star Trek is often behind the tech on the market today and not very imaginative; for instance the display screens for some time were CRTs (maybe still are in some circumstances) and don't you think that hundreds of years in the vuture will have holgraphic displays? Some shows such as Final Conflict and Andromeda are much better in this regard.

STG
 
I read recently about a guy who is trying to build a first generation Tri-corder, he's trying to fit a light meter, sound meter, giger counter, thermometer and a shit load of other stuff all in one package, so far he's got it down to the size of a portable TV.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when he gets it down to pocket size......after all we've already got com-links (mobile phones).
 
Enterprising

Ohhh well Scott Bakula ... i love him ... he is so gorgeous ... and i have never seen such a hard edge to him before ... i guess an officer's life will do that to you, eh? ... he was so much gentler in Quantam Leap ...

and did you notice who they were fighting - the Suliban ... damn that is close to the Taliban ... creepy ...
 
Dixon Carter Lee said:
As for hot tub scenes I find them anti-erotic. Have you ever tried to actually FUCK in water?
Does a shower count? That is how my daughter was conceived. Done with patience it can be quite fun - although the water tends to wash away the lubrication. OTOH, I really like the look of wet female flesh - gets me hot for some reason.
 
Angel said:

Thanks for that. Interesting site. He carries himself well. No more Wesley jokes from me.

I enjoyed "Enterprise", though (and this is an odd comment on a porn board) I could have done without the soft-core gratuitous rubbing the sun tan oil over the boobs and pecs scene. (And for those of you who haven't seen it yet, no, I'm not kidding.)

I particularly like that the show wasn't "fannish". The opening sequence was not slavish to the other Trek openings. They had an honest to God theme song and everything.

I loved how the communicators didn't always work, and how shuttles bumped into ships, and how frightened the crew was at every little shake, rattle and roll from the engines -- and how nobody trusts the transporters.

I liked that they went out of their way to show you things you've never seen before on Trek -- aliens and camerwork unique to this series. I feel confident that they're standing on their own and that there won't be any need for James Doohan to do a guest spot.

Scott Bakula is very good, too. And the rest of the cast seems more than competent.

All in all, it just feels like a decent series, as opposed to merely a Star Trek series.
 
Well I fell asleep halfway through (if that tells you anything) so I didn't get to see it all - yet. DCL, I didn't mind the lotion scene at all, but what I didn't like was the sets; for the most part they were way too dark. What is it with these guys? Don't they think that in the future we will have enough energy to properly light the inside of a spaceship, or is it all being used to go at warp speed?:rolleyes: Maybe they are going for their own look, or maybe they are just too cheap to properly light the set?
 
I think they're going for a submarine look (there was even a "depth charge" sequence, albeit inverted "up" -- nicely done).
 
Dixon Carter Lee said:


Thanks for that. Interesting site. He carries himself well. No more Wesley jokes from me.


I like the whole WILLIAM FUCKING SHATNER thing. I laughed my ass off the first time I saw that.

Oddly, a link Laurel gave me for something I needed for a site I'm in the middle of building led me to the Wil Wheaton site.

He likes porn. We should get him to come here. :D
 
Back
Top