Let's cook it up.

I should think so.

Now out here we have those damned spiral brown garden snails that a bunch of deranged paisane and dim Frogs brought over for escargot. Once I found that out I figured if they eat my garden I oughta be able to eat them. I also tried feeding them up on cornmeal to cleanse their innards. And it might even have worked. My attempts at cooking them did not.

How did you prepare them?
 
Kinda looks like something I found at the back door of the lab about 2 months ago........

He was scratching at the door wanting in.....

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Misty_Morning_2006/1-2.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Misty_Morning_2006/2-2.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Misty_Morning_2006/3-2.jpg



He was HUGE!!!! Nearly 2 feet across and more than 3 feet long. My boss said..."put your finger down by his month while I take a photo just to get some type of scaling...."

Yeah...right, boss.


BTW...it's a florida softshell turle that wondered up from the lake next to the lab.

That sucker can bite too! It's neck is about a foot long and it's quick as thought when it goes after something. You pick it up by the rear of it's carpace and it'll reach around and nail you. I've seen it. ;)
 
The Mississippi's a dang big river. You should see the catfish. :eek:

Hehehe yup there have been reports of ones seen by scuba divers that may reach 200+ lbs. Though, I always found the ones caught by diving down, grabbing it by the mouth and wrestling it into the boat interesting.
 
Kinda looks like something I found at the back door of the lab about 2 months ago........

He was scratching at the door wanting in.....

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Misty_Morning_2006/1-2.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Misty_Morning_2006/2-2.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Misty_Morning_2006/3-2.jpg


He was HUGE!!!! Nearly 2 feet across and more than 3 feet long. My boss said..."put your finger down by his month while I take a photo just to get some type of scaling...."

Yeah...right, boss.


BTW...it's a florida softshell turle that wondered up from the lake next to the lab.

Cool. The last time someone told me to put my finger in front of a turtle's mouth was my cousin. He figured I was dumb. :rolleyes: I picked the turtle up and ran after him with it. :D
 
Cool. The last time someone told me to put my finger in front of a turtle's mouth was my cousin. He figured I was dumb. :rolleyes: I picked the turtle up and ran after him with it. :D

From what I understand...Florida softshell turtles are either very timid or very aggressive. Did some reading about them after our friends visit....apparently there are some folks that consider them very "tasty"....which why they are not as common as they used to be.


But, the biggest damn turltes I have ever come across are loggerheads.....talk about scarey! *shivers*
 
Back
Top