Love In The Air (Closed)

Mayu

Ghost Of Who I Was
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Posts
22,651
Sky had known Jake Simmons most of her life, since she was three years old. Her father was his friend, and it helped having a teacher as a friend. He was able to help her with home work. But as she grew up, she began to enjoy herself more. She called Jake by his first name at school most of the time, but only when they were alone. Unfortunately about three months ago, her parents were killed in a hit and run accident. Still being a minor she had to go to court to fight to become an adult early, because her eighteenth birthday was three months away. Jake was there to help, and suggest she was able to live alone. Winning the battle, she went on to her senior year of high school. And was excited to see she would be in his very own Social Studies class, she was very excited.

School was very fun, his class was fun. He was always the kind of guys you want to hang with, but on this very special day she was very excited. She had just turned eighteen, today was her birthday. So after school, she went to his class room. But because he wasn't there, she went into his back office. She knocked on the door, when she heard him say "Come In" She opened the door. She smiled seeing no one in there, so she shut the door.

"Know what day it is Jake?" She said happily.
 
Jake Simmons, 24 years old.
5’11 195 pounds Brown hair and brown eyes

He grew up in the same neighborhood as Sky. He even knew her parents before she was born. Her mother was his babysitter. He was thrilled when she married and bought a house in the old neighborhood. He hung around probably more than normal as he really liked he parents and got quite a liking to her growing up. He never babysat her but as a teenager, he would take her to the movies or the mall for a Saturday afternoon as a favor to her parents and because he enjoyed doing it.

He went off to college and got his bachelors. He continued on to receive his Master’s as he stayed two more years waiting for an opening back home. He had offers and bypassed each one till he could move back and teach at his old high school. Finally it happened, he became the Social Studies teacher and assistant principle.

It was his dream come true as he moved back with his parents till he could get a good down payment to buy a house. He enjoyed rekindling friendships but he was not a stranger as the summers and holidays he made sure to see Sky and her parents.

He was absolutely heart broken when her parents died suddenly in a car accident. He did all he could to help her with the insurance and gaining ownership of the house before becoming 18. He helped her get ready to fight to live on her own as a adult. He attended everything with her from the funeral plans to working on the estate and insurance matters.

Story:
He heard a knock on the door, and he said "Come In" She opened the door. She smiled seeing no one in there, so she shut the door. He smiled as he saw it was her.

"Know what day it is Jake?" She said happily.

“Hmmm let me guess…December the 12th…only comes one a year. A time to celebrate if there ever was one.” he said and laughed.

He walked over and hugged her. He kissed her cheek.
“Yes I know. Tonight I will take you out to the most expensive steakhouse in town to celebrate. Your birthday and when you win in court.” He added with a smile.
 
She smiled at him, sitting down she sighed a bit "Well you better be careful, you don't need to take me out. But since I'm your student, I don't want to get you fired just because we are hanging out. Though I don't know the rules, I'm not the one working" She chuckled some and sighed a bit.

"Doesn't matter what we do, hell we could just hang out at my place. But something tells me that wont due in your eyes" She said softly, placing her hands on her hips. She had been eighteen now for there hours, and felt wonderful. She wondered what he was going to do tonight, besides just dinner.

She smiled happily and silently sighed relaxing back in the seat, thinking for a moment. "I wish my parents could have seen me turn eighteen, but at least I have you" She said kindly. Her brown eyes looking into his, she had loved Jake for a long time now, but didn't know how to tell him.
 
She smiled at him,
"Well you better be careful, you don't need to take me out. But since I'm your student, I don't want to get you fired just because we are hanging out. Though I don't know the rules, I'm not the one working" She chuckled some and sighed a bit.

“You are a dear family friend for gosh sakes. I mean…we aren’t sleeping together. I am not making you do things to earn a grade for the love of sam. People aren’t that uptight around here.” He said with a smile.

"Doesn't matter what we do, hell we could just hang out at my place. But something tells me that wont due in your eyes" She said softly, placing her hands on her hips.

“Yea I want a little more special night. We can hang out at your place after dinner.” He said with a smile.

She smiled happily and silently sighed
"I wish my parents could have seen me turn eighteen, but at least I have you" She said kindly.

“I agree. I know they would have been so proud of you. They already were…but…” He replied getting a bit choked up.

He took a moment to compose himself.
“They deserved to see you do a lot of important things. Sorry. I miss them as well.” He added and then forced a smile.

“Anyways…yes tonight I will pick you at 5.” He stated.
 
She nodded at him a bit and picked up her bag, looking to see it was three she needed to get going. She kissed his cheek, and waved at him. Hurrying home,s he got into her car and drove off home. Once inside she grinned some and sighed a little bit, thinking for a moment, then she began to get ready for the night. She took a shower, and washed herself. Then when she was dry she put on some cherry blossom smelling lotion. Then she slipped on a black dress, it was a bit low cut, and a Little high lifting but it wasn't enough to make people look at her.

Smiling happily she slipped on her shoes and put her hair up, it was curly and her dark brown hair, actually matched her dark brown eyes, so enjoy.. She sat down and waited for him, but then boom she heard someone at the door. As she walked over, she slipped on her black coat and smiled seeing Jake.

"Right on time" She said happily.
 
He finished grading papers and hurried to the barbershop. He had an appointment for a haircut and even added in a shave. He was wanting to go all out to make her feel special. He got home after and showered then splashed on his cologne. He wore a navy blue suit with a striking red tie. Once he finished combing his hair and adjusting his tie…he snuck back out to his car. He didn’t want to hear anything from his folks…even at 24 years old. Who are you going out with tonight. You look spiffy to go on a date...anyone special? He laughed thinking about it. But she was special.

He drove over and walked to the door.

"Right on time" She said happily

“Well I can’t pass out detentions if I am not able to be punctual as well Sky.” He said with a smile.

“You look absolutely amazing. Just beautiful.” He added as he took her hand and led her to the car.
 
She smiled at him, he looked very handsome, and she even smelt cologne on him as well. As he took her hand, she made sure she had her house key, and locked the door. Heading for his car, she smiled looking at him kindly. "beautiful night out tonight" Sky said kindly, when he helped her in the car he shut the door and she put on her seat belt and watched him get in, wondering what all he had planned tonight.

"You look very handsome' She said happily.
 
"beautiful night out tonight" Sky said kindly, when he helped her in the car he shut the door and she put on her seat belt.

"You look very handsome' She said happily.

“And you look as beautiful as the true definition can be in real life. I couldn’t imagine a woman not just your age but period looking more spectacular.” He replied.

He handed her a box.
“Open it.” He said with a smile.

It was a diamond necklace with two colored stones on each side of the middle diamond.
“Those colored stones represent the birth stones for your parents. You of course are the middle diamond.” He said and helped her put it on.

“That is the first gift for a special night.” He added and started the car to drive tot eh restaurant.
 
Sky was taken back by him, but she smiled very happy with him. As he helped her in his car he handed her a box. But when she opened it, her eyes went wide seeing the gift.

"Oh Jake..." She ran her fingers over the necklace, and looked up at him.

She blushed heavily and then she removed it from the box and put it around her neck, it hugged her neck almost like a chocker. When he took off she wondered what else he had in mind.
 
"Oh Jake..." She ran her fingers over the necklace, and looked up at him.

He patted her knee.
“I know you will never forget your mom and dad are looking down from heaven on you and love you but I want that necklace as a reminder. You are stepping into a new part of your life as a 18 year old adult woman.” He said and smiled.

“I am proud of you Sky.” He added.

They drove to the fancy steakhouse and he parked in valet. He came around and took her hand. He led her inside. He immediately gave the hostess his name and they walked them to a table for two. He pulled out her chair before sitting down.

“I came here when I graduated from high school and when I came home after getting my bachelors degree. I always meant to celebrate my return of sorts becoming a teacher at the high school. But this is an honor to be here with you.” He said with a smile as he glanced at the lit candle.
 
She smiled some as she listened kindly, it had been a while since anyone was so into her, thinking for a moment she sighed a bit, relaxing happily as she watched them head to the restaurant, she grinned happily. When they got into the restaurant, she kinda felt out of place. Bitting her lip, she grinned happily. Relaxing she thought for a moment, and sat down looking at him.

"Nice place'
 
"Nice place” She said as he smiled.

“Yes very classy. I am glad to of chose this for the first real time I have taken you out.” He said as he thought for a moment.

“Yea this is the first time since you were like eleven I think that I took you anywhere. I think some pizza place we went after I took you to the mall back when I was a senior in high school.” He recalled with a smile.

“Everything is good on the menu…steaks and pasta. I like the ribeye but the filet mignon is the best cut of meat.” He said as he looked the menu over.

He ordered a ice tea as the waitress came over.
 
She smiled some and nodded as she listened to him, running her hand down her cheek she sighed a bit. Relaxing she sat back and ordered the same thing, she remembered as a kid he would make her ice tea all the time. She looked at the menu unsure of what she was going to order, she grinned happily.

"Mmm not sure what to pick, it all looks so good"
 
He smiled at her.

"Mmm not sure what to pick, it all looks so good"

He told the waitress they need a little more time.
“So…after you graduate, what are you going to do? There is a good couple of colleges locally. With becoming owner of the house…I doubt you want to leave.” He asked.

“Much less if you need any help with any of your courses now or when you take college classes…I would be more than happy to spend a few evenings as needed. I would enjoy more time with you.” He added with a smile and touched her hands.
 
She smiled looking at him, and listened to what he said to her.

"I wanted to go to college, for writing but I can't afford to go. I could get a loan, but I wouldn't be able to afford to pay it back. Even if I got a grant, it wouldn't be enough. Since I did some research, id need over twenty thousand dollars, for four years. So no college for me, I will just hope that I can find a job here" She said kindly, she had some money. And her house to pay for, but she was afraid of two things. One, she wouldn't be able to get a job after school. And two she just couldn't afford it.
 
She smiled looking at him as she answered.
"I wanted to go to college, for writing but I can't afford to go. I could get a loan, but I wouldn't be able to afford to pay it back. Even if I got a grant, it wouldn't be enough. Since I did some research, I’d need over twenty thousand dollars, for four years. So no college for me, I will just hope that I can find a job here" She said kindly,

“Well I will let it go tonight…but you are going to college. You are a talented writer and I know your parents would have wanted you to pursue it as I want you to.” He replied with a grin.

They finally ordered their entrees and shortly after salads came out.
“Sky, I know you wanted all of this. You didn’t want to go into a foster home for a year. You don’t have any other family especially around here. I tried to become your guardian but the court refused my application. But…I am worried about you trying to grow up too soon.” He stated in between eating his salad.

“I mean I know you are a young beautiful woman and no longer can be referred to as a girl. But just don’t take the weight of the world on your shoulders too quickly. I am here and will be here to help you as much as I possibly can.” He added.
 
She listened to him and became surprised at what he told her.

"You tried to become my guardian? no one ever told me that. Why wouldn't they let you do it? I know why, courts are full of assholes." She smiled

Eating some of the salad he seemed to really worry about her, and didn't know why. She was already almost an adult, the age of seventeen, she didn't have anyone but him. But she knew everything would be fine.
 
"You tried to become my guardian? no one ever told me that. Why wouldn't they let you do it? I know why, courts are full of assholes." She smiled

“Yea I don’t know…I guess the judge wasn’t okay with a family friend coming in and being your guardian as well as watching over the estate. I even offered to buy the house and put the money from the sale in a trust fund for you.” He replied. He took a bite of food.

“I would do anything for you Sky. I hope you always remember that.” He added.

They finished salads as the entrees come out.

"So...who do you have a crush on? I know there has to be several boys chasing you." He said with a smile.

"Just promise me I can get a picture of you before prom and see how beautiful you look." He added and winked.
 
She looked at him kindly and smiled looking at him. Sighing softly and looked down looking at him grinning.

"I'm not going on my prom, because the guy I'm interested in. Well he isn't a student" She didn't know if that would tell him that the one she was crushing on was him.

Eating everything given to her, she grinned happily, not to sure if she should have said anything.
 
She looked at him with a smile smiled look. Then sighing softly and she looked down.
"I'm not going on my prom, because the guy I'm interested in. Well he isn't a student"

He looked at her for a minute or two.
“Well that won’t due. You certainly can go with one of your friends. I am not sure who this boy is…I am assuming a college boy a year or two older. I do believe you have to get permission to bring an older boy like that. I don’t think it should be an issue.” He stated and took a bite.

“And I volunteered to be one of the chaperones. So, I will put in a good word for you. But if the lad won’t go…you can go with your friends. I want to see you in a nice prom dress and it would mean a lot to me to get a picture of you and myself.” He added with a smile.

After they finished eating he took the bill.
"I thought we could sit and chat at your place for a bit." He said after the waiter asked if eithe rwanted dessert and he nodded no as she did.
 
She nodded some and she went back to her place, sighing some she couldn't help but grin and when they got there, she removed her jacket. She decided it was a nice time to tell him. "Picture with us would be good, since the guy i have feelings for....is you" She said looking down as she sat on the couch and sighed some.
 
"Picture with us would be good, since the guy I have feelings for....is you" She said looking down as she sat on the couch and sighed some.

He froze for a moment. He then smiled.
“Wow…I am quite flattered. I just am not sure how appropriate it is for us….to have a relationship. I will admit I have feelings for you as well.” He replied and took a deep breath.

“Sky…you are one of the reasons…primary reasons I moved back here and tried so hard to get this job. Our issue is similar to the same as you just basically got done fighting. It is all about appropriateness. As your teacher…the school will hold issue with me…much less I don’t want you to be involved in a scandal that might affect your future. The press loves the teacher student stories.” He added and sat silent for a moment.

“I do love you Sky. 6 years age difference is nothing as I see you as a woman.” He stated and turned and looked at eye to eye.
 
She listened to him and nodded

"Which is why I didn't say anything until tonight, since I'm graduating in two months" She sighed some, he was worried about her future? what future did she have? She couldn't afford college, even with help. Her parents kind of left her in a ditch she could not get out of. But taking a deep breath she looked at him, she didn't know what to say to him, so she only smiled.
 
She listened to him and nodded
"Which is why I didn't say anything until tonight, since I'm graduating in two months" She sighed

“Well that is true. But…” He said touching her hands with his he paused.

“We will just need to be discreet. However I have a solution for a few issues.” He said as he scooted even closer to her and put his one arm around her.

“Your going to college. Your not going to go find a job until you complete your first two years.” He stated as he looked her in the eyes.

“Between the pell grant and other grants much less scholarships I will help you get…you will not have to take out any loans. Meanwhile…your house and the associated bills have you worried I imagine.” He added and smiled.

He leaned in and kissed her lips. It was a lingering kiss but no tongue.
“I will see to it that those bills are taken care of.” He said with a smile.

“After all…if our secret relationship goes as I expect…I am sure one day in the not too far future…I will be walking across the street with boxes and parking my car in your driveway.” He added and kissed her.
 
She almost froze when he put his hands on her own, looking into his eyes. She was glad he was so willing, but then when he kissed her. That was even more surprising, her eyes went wide. But she kissed him back as well. Getting it into her head that he wanted her. Sky was very glad she wasn't alone any more.

"Id like that" She said happily.
 
Back
Top