Britva415
"Alabaster," my ass
- Joined
- Nov 19, 2022
- Posts
- 9,189
Unfortunate for who? Not for me, it ain't. I'm perfectly happy to skip a story whose tags are - like I just said - not of interest.Which is unfortunate if it is a hot story...
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Unfortunate for who? Not for me, it ain't. I'm perfectly happy to skip a story whose tags are - like I just said - not of interest.Which is unfortunate if it is a hot story...



…I didn’t.In the reader comments, it turned out that several people didn’t know that you can read the tags by clicking on the tag icon at the start of the story
I hadn’t known for years - it’s not intuitively obvious.…I didn’t.
TIL.
I really think that tags ought to be the default tab when you open a story in that side section. Readers can use them to filter out squicks pretty easily if only they know they're there. I've been very grateful to have checked tags on some stories before I started reading, because I have never clicked out of a story faster than when I saw the tag for coprophagos.I hadn’t known for years - it’s not intuitively obvious.
If you were to have the experience of making wild, passionate love on the grass in a meadow that hadn't been cleaned up by dung beetles, you would change your tune pretty quickly.I really think that tags ought to be the default tab when you open a story in that side section. Readers can use them to filter out squicks pretty easily if only they know they're there. I've been very grateful to have checked tags on some stories before I started reading, because I have never clicked out of a story faster than when I saw the tag for coprophagos.
Sure but that's a waste of tag space. If you want to repel readers, you can do it even better with a content warning.So the weirder or more nonsensical they are, the greater the effect they can have on your "no thanks, not this one" reflex.
This reminds me the case of the movie The Martian, which was released in some foreign languages with titles that were total spoilers.If there’s a unique use of tags competition, I’m entering it with my “A Dish Served Cold”. In the story, our narrator meets her perfect guy, and starts teasing out whether he’s so perfect that he must be gay. But the question has already been answered in the tags:
View attachment 2682236
View attachment 2682238
In the reader comments, it turned out that several people didn’t know that you can read the tags by clicking on the tag icon at the start of the story:
View attachment 2682245
I love his confidence!
I'm not saying "use tags for this purpose." I'm just saying I get utility out of people wasting their tag space.Sure but that's a waste of tag space. If you want to repel readers, you can do it even better with a content warning.