OPEN ^^^Blue Moon Cafe^^^OPEN

*waves as she grabs a coffee*

Hiya all!

Still around ... though not logged on here much today!


{{{huggs}}}

Mari x

:rose:
 
hi, back at you.
haven't been around today either.
just wandered in a few minutes ago.
and have hardly any chance to sit and relax.

but i'll put out some fresh flowers,
and scamper along . . .

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:
 
Mmmmmm *gathers the flowers to my nose* Heavenly!

*sits to enjoy a white wine in a shadowy corne*
 
Good evening, dear.
you know that may be the very first
trained bat i've ever seen.

Welcome to the Blue Moon.
so glad you could stop by.
would you like to see a menu?

Or do you just want some space to relax?
 
TheOlderGuy said:
A :rose:
is a rose
but your nose
knows . . .


Wrong board I think my deah. :D

No menu, thank you, but another Australian Chardonay would be perfect.
 
Walks in , pours my morning coffee and serves an australian Chardonnay to Tristesse....

How are you doing?
 
Tristesse said:
Wrong board I think my deah. :D

No menu, thank you, but another Australian Chardonay would be perfect.



so you've discovered those australian wines, eh?
i've only had a few, but they seem to be
highly recommended.

sorry i missed sitting with you.
i really miss seeing you each day.
hope you make a habit of coming here.
it's far less demanding than most of the
srp threads, cause we expect absolutely NOTHING
from everybody, so whatever you folk
stop by and offer up --- is a treat.

you see?

you're right -- wrong thread -- by i couldn't resist the intimacy of it. have you really killed it?
 
and Hey, henry!
how's the weather waaaaaaaayyy down south?
do you have favorites among the australian wines?
what do you think of queensland?
bryson portrays it as the badlands of down under.
the place where whatever can go wrong, does --
and the press in the rest of the country
plays up every queensland tragedy.
 
TheOlderGuy said:
and Hey, henry!
how's the weather waaaaaaaayyy down south?
do you have favorites among the australian wines?
what do you think of queensland?
bryson portrays it as the badlands of down under.
the place where whatever can go wrong, does --
and the press in the rest of the country
plays up every queensland tragedy.

weather isn't being overly spring like....

don't drink too much wine so no favourites for me.

Have learned not to judge something until i know about it, haven't been to Queensland so will make not comments either way. lol im sorry i've not been out of South Australia....
 
Well, tonite at the Blue Moon, it’s favorite author night, along with the usual terrific menu, and potent potables. I’m guessing here, using my sharp analytic skills, that there is a high percentage of writers here, who take their books very seriously, and have some favorite writers who get their juices going, in a wordy way. And amongst those who haven’t yet discovered their own voice, I’m further putting myself out on a limb to say there are some dedicated readers out there, and in here, at the Moon.

Well, it’s time to share. Who turns you on with a well-turned phrase, or a melodious metaphor? Who gets you sitting in one place reading til your eyes hurt? Who leaves you anxious as an alcoholic waiting for their next drink, wondering when they’ll pen another tome?

I have countless, and that’s without even having much time to read, or being an especially fast reader. I’ll limit myself to a few to start. I’ve always loved John Updike, for his wit, his ability to paint a scene, his irreverence and willingness to poke at society’s sacred cows. Yes, he’s probably a bit of a sexist, but never misogynic. I haven’t read much of his lately, but I would in a flash. Currently Bill Bryson is my hero, almost a god, because he’s doing what I’ve always wanted to do, traveling, writing superb prose, and getting paid the big bucks for it. And I love Jeffrey Eugenides and Michael Moore.

Ok, guys and girls, what do you have?


Now I have to go have some dinner ( yeh, i know i could eat here, but the family resents it), so I expect to see lots of reading suggestions by the time I get back.

And as always, thanks for stopping by.

btw, I redid the entry page with a new sign. waddaya think?

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Blue Moon Cafe 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Food...........Drink...........Merry Talk
A HOME AWAY FROM HOME


what do you think?
 
TOG i don't do as much reading as now as i used to. Have a few favourite books. Love autobiographies but can't say at the moment a favourite author .

*waves* to Misty...How are you doing....
 
(((((((((((((((((misty)))))))))))))))))))
So nice to see you in your civvies.
See anything you like on the menu?

There's some specials, also, up on the board.

And watch out for the drinks --
even the coffee is super strong,
not for the weak of heart
or the feeble-minded.
 
TheOlderGuy said:
(((((((((((((((((misty)))))))))))))))))))
So nice to see you in your civvies.
See anything you like on the menu?

There's some specials, also, up on the board.

And watch out for the drinks --
even the coffee is super strong,
not for the weak of heart
or the feeble-minded.

Ordering some stew on this cold night.....taking a sip of some tea I ordered earlier.....

{{{TOG}}} Glad to see you back.....Great place you have here :kiss:
 
Henry, you have any autobios that
you would recommend to
someone wlooking for a good read.

Anyone that particularly inspires you?

Thanks for looking out for everyone here.
 
Why, thanks, Misty. :::::::::::::::::::::::blush:::::::::::::::::::::

That means a lot to hear you say that.
So glad you stopped by.

The stew is an excellent choice. Have you ever had tempeh before? It's waaaayyy better than meat. Do you have any
favorite authors you'd like to share?


Let me freshen the flowers here while I have the chance.


:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

There, much better . . .
 
TheOlderGuy said:
Henry, you have any autobios that
you would recommend to
someone wlooking for a good read.

Anyone that particularly inspires you?

Thanks for looking out for everyone here.

TOG ...have one in my possession. think you can buy it on the net but would need to search for it..

A Fortunate Life by A.B.Facey and also read another one some time ago about someone Hess during Hitler's reign in germany.

There may be a couple of others too, when i can think of them i will let you know...
 
Thanks, Henry.
I love books.
We talk of having a book store.
But what I'd really love to be doing is writing
for a living. I've wanted that
most of my adult life,
but there was always a better way
to earn a living, and so I've never done it.

But at fifty-three, the day may have arrived.
 
Have a lovely day, Henry.
And check back in when you can.

((((((((((((((((Henry)))))))))))))))))
 
Hiya TheOlderGuy, henry asked me to look after the cafe while he's away if thats ok with you. Misty and Lay Z know me also.
 
Nice place you've got here, TOG. Thought I'd drop by for a bit, since you recommended it so highly. I'm glad you are open such late hours.

I'll just have a glass of Australian chardonnay from the self-serve table. What an excellent idea for your late night guests.

**Looking for a window seat so as to view the Aurora Bourealis**

I just bought Madeleine Albright's autobiography. Such an interesting lady. After looking at the book pics, I think she must have a brooch for every occasion.

Think I'll take the cozy nook with the comfortable chair, nice knitted afghan and the little chairside table.
 
Walks back in, pours my afternoon coffee and goes about preparing for another few busy hours or hopefully they will be.

Noticing a new diner i smile at Holly Delight, if you need anything at all let me know?
 
Back
Top