Over 50 Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early 60s retired exec - time to relax and have some fun - FEMALES only
 
Hi all:)

Just got back a couple weeks ago from a 10 week trip across the US with a brief detour through Canada too. 10,725.6 miles total. A long time to be away from home but we had a great time seeing some spectacular parts of the country!

Loving being old enough to be retired and young enough to truly enjoy it ;)
 
Hi all:)

Just got back a couple weeks ago from a 10 week trip across the US with a brief detour through Canada too. 10,725.6 miles total. A long time to be away from home but we had a great time seeing some spectacular parts of the country!

Loving being old enough to be retired and young enough to truly enjoy it ;)


I'm interested to hear about the 10 week trip. How did you all travel & where did you go?
 
Hi all:)

Just got back a couple weeks ago from a 10 week trip across the US with a brief detour through Canada too. 10,725.6 miles total. A long time to be away from home but we had a great time seeing some spectacular parts of the country!

Loving being old enough to be retired and young enough to truly enjoy it ;)

Sounds amazing!
 
Hi all:)

Just got back a couple weeks ago from a 10 week trip across the US with a brief detour through Canada too. 10,725.6 miles total. A long time to be away from home but we had a great time seeing some spectacular parts of the country!

Loving being old enough to be retired and young enough to truly enjoy it ;)

been loving the posts & pictures where I catch them.
It looked like you two were having great fun :)
 
well I think I am back.
The new PTs have back tracked me about a year & half at this point.
Plus the SUV is having issues now too :rolleyes:
 
.

been loving the posts & pictures where I catch them.
It looked like you two were having great fun :)
It was great fun! I missed posting a lot because my phone died twice on our trip. I replaced it the first time in San Antonio and then that one jumped out of a backpack in Animal Kingdom... It still works but the screen is shattered so typing anything on it really sucks. Trying to get the insurance to replace it now that we're home.

Sounds amazing!
It was an awesome trip taking Tigger across America!

I'm interested to hear about the 10 week trip. How did you all travel & where did you go?
We drove it in our F150 pulling a 19ft travel trailer.
Started here in SE Washington headed South through Oregon and Idaho to the Northern Nevada Rail Road Museum in Wells Nevada. Then visited my dad in Southern Utah before heading to the Grand Canyon.
After the Grand Canyon we saw Meteor Crater, drove through the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert.
Stopped and toured the Very Large Array in Socorrow New Mexico (that was really cool :cool: )
Next was Roswell and then hiking through Carlesbad Cavern.
Then on to Texas. Saw the Alamo and the San Antonio River Walk. Went to Sea World and Six Flags there too. :D
Then East to New Orleans for a few days of beingets and coffee for breakfast and Creole for lunch and dinner...
After that we finally hit the other coast at St Augustine Florida. Then headed a little south to spend 10 days at Disney World and Universal parks.
We then started our Northern trek passing through South of the Boarder (worst Mexican food ever :( ) on the way to visit some of my wife's friends in Virginia Beach. Great time there.
Then it was on to visit Washington DC to take in those sites for a week.
Then North again to visit New England states tour Boston and the USS Constitution and visit Six Flags New England (I forgot to mention we love roller coasters :cool: )
Then it was north to Maine to visit our daughters new in-laws (they are great people...)
Finally turned West and crossed into Canada for a stop at Niagra Falls and to see Marine Land there. Then back to the US in Michigan to take the USS Badger ferry to Wisconsin. Neat trip on the ferry. Stopped to visit family in Minisota and see the Mall of America.
Finally went south to hand off Tigger to one of my wife's closest friends that moved to Iowa. Her nickname is Tigger so when my wife found a stuffed Tigger in a safari outfit, he had to make the trip with us and have his picture taken everywhere we went. We printed those photos and made her a photo album of Tigers adventures across America.
After leaving Iowa we saw the Badlands, Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse monuments. Then it was on to Devils tower and it turned out to be our last National stop since the Mrs. decided we didn't need to go see Yellowstone or the Tetons again. We made one other stop to visit family in Montana before heading home...
All in all a truly great trip. 10 weeks is a long time but in all honesty it wasn't long enough to see everything we wanted to see, or spend as long seeing things as we really wanted because sometimes we just had to get to the next spot...
 
*sigh*
I would love to be able to do an adventure like that. I've been looking at the trans Canada train ride trip. I think that needs to be on the list.
 
*sigh*
I would love to be able to do an adventure like that. I've been looking at the trans Canada train ride trip. I think that needs to be on the list.

You definitely should do it!
After my wife beat cancer the first time I decided I needed to retire early so I could spend time with her.

After my wife beat cancer for the second time I decided we had to do the things we always wanted to do while we both still could.:cool:
 
You definitely should do it!
After my wife beat cancer the first time I decided I needed to retire early so I could spend time with her.

After my wife beat cancer for the second time I decided we had to do the things we always wanted to do while we both still could.:cool:

Good for you both! I'm in the battlefield now but I will win this fight!
 
Enjoy the peace

Hi all. New to the site. Would like to communicate with older women and maybe make a few new online friends. I live in the wild in Africa, Zimbabwe to be more accurate. My closest neighbors ( Besides the Elephants and lion) are a 5 hour drive away. Maybe you would like a personal guide.
 
Morning, Late 50's and horny all of the time.
How is everybody this morning?

I’m always delighted to hear this! Good for you! People sometimes mistakenly believe being horny all the time is a young persons game! Prove them wrong 😄
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top