Reply Only With a Lyric...

Trying to make it far enough
To the next time zone
Few and far between past the midnight hour
Never feel alone, you're really not alone
Switching it over to AM
Searching for a truer sound
Can't recall the call letters
Steel guitar and settle down
Catching an all-night station
Somewhere in Louisiana
It sounds like 1963
But for now it sounds like heaven
 
Please don't look at me with hungry lips
no,no,no,
please don't feel me with your fingertips
no,no,no
please don't say the sweet things that you say
because I get carried away
and then I'm not responsible
 
Something nasty in your garden's waiting
Patiently, till it can have your heart
Try to go but it won't let you
Don't you know it's out to get you running
Keep on running
They're running after you babe
 
There's a man who leads a life of danger
in everyone he meets he sees a stranger
with every move he makes another chance he takes
odds are you won't live to see tomorrow
 
I see you falling
How long to go before you hit the ground?
You keep on screaming
Don't you see me here?
Am I a ghost to you?
Now your grip's too strong
You can't catch love with a net or a gun
Gotta keep faith that your path will change
 
My daddy left home when I was three
Didn't leave very much to my mom and me
Except this old guitar and an empty bottle of booze
 
This could die on its arse. We'll see.

Post a lyric in reply to the previous one posted. Feel free to attribute the song and artist.

To kick us off, My Mood Swings - Elvis Costello.

She was smitten from the first
By a curious fellow
She said I love the way you talk
And with a flounce she announces
I love the way that you pronounce it: "Marshmallow"

This could die on its arse. We'll see.

Post a lyric in reply to the previous one posted. Feel free to attribute the song and artist.

To kick us off, My Mood Swings - Elvis Costello.

She was smitten from the first
By a curious fellow
She said I love the way you talk
And with a flounce she announces
I love the way that you pronounce it: "Marshmallow"
When i saw you piss on the rug, my heart fluttered and I knew it was love.

"Love at first fright" .. Murderdolls
 
It was the third of September
That day I'll always remember, yes I will
'Cause that was the day that my daddy died
I never got a chance to see him
Never heard nothin' but bad things about him
 
Being took for granted was a thing that she accepted
And she didn't need those things to make her happy
And she didn't seem to notice that he didn't kiss and hold her
If she did, she never did say so to daddy

One morning we awoke
Just to find a note mama carefully wrote and left for daddy
And as he began to read it, our ears could not believe it
Words she had written there to daddy

She said, "The kids were older now, they don't need me anymore
I've gone to search for love I need so badly
I needed you so long, but I just can't keep holding on"
She never meant to come back home, if she did, she never did say so to daddy

Goodbye to daddy
 
You can hypnotize me with a glance
You're the thief to steal away my heart
I wish I could trust you, but your crooked smile
Dances on a serpent for your lover's eyes

Be merciful to me
Cos I'm so long waiting
Be merciful to me
Cos I am all alone

You were there before I knew your name
You could hear me calling out in pain
I wish I could trust you, but your crooked smile
Dances on a serpent for your lover's eyes
 
Until the sky turns green
And the grass is several shades of blue
Every member of parliament trips on glue

It takes all these things and all that time
Till my sugar spun sister's happy
With this love of mine
It'll take all these things and oh much more



RIP Mani ❤️ 😢
 
Hey, baby, don't you stick together and one of you just fall apart
You better try bein' stupid, oh, instead of smart
And once you take out all the garbage that's in your brain
Forget about your future 'cause it's just, just, just, just too tame, oh

Contort yourself, oh Oh,
I said you got to I said you got to, you got to, you got to
You got to contort yourself
 
I've got too much energy to switch off my mind
And not enough to get myself organized
My heart is heavy, my head is confused
And my aching little soul has started burning blue
 
Then came the churches, then came the schools
Then came the lawyers, then came the rules
Then came the trains and the trucks with their loads
And the dirty old track was the Telegraph Road
 
Im only happy when it rains
I'm only happy when it's complicated
And though I know you can't appreciate it
I'm only happy when it rains

You know I love it when the news is bad
Why it feels so good to feel so sad
I'm only happy when it rains
 
Step back and watch the sweet thing
Breaking everything she sees
She can take my darkest feeling
Tear it up, 'til I'm on my knees
 
Back
Top