Reply Only With a Lyric...

Let's talk about sex, baby
Let's talk about you and me
Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be
 
There she goes, I won't see her again
She's gone to school with her best friend
She only does the things she likes to do
Now, she wants something new
Wednesday week, she loved me
Wednesday week, never happened at all
 
No one tells you nothing even when you know they know
But they tell you what you should do
They don't like to see you grow
 
You keep playin' where you shouldn't be playin'
And you keep thinkin' that you'll never get burnt (ha)
I just found me a brand new box of matches, yeah
And what he knows you ain't had time to learn

These boots are made for walkin'
And that's just what they'll do
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you
 
Fingers point when hands are tied
Sink or swim, the loaded die
And you, you who gave us these brooms
And dare to look surprised
You never stopped to think we'd learn to fly

Remember you who tell the tale of how we climbed those pyres
They weren't burning witches, it was women on those fires
 
Every inch, the fire gets closer
It's in my blood, it's never over
Like a twisted, tangled rope
Can't let go
 
But still the warmth flows through me
And I sense you know me well
No luck, no golden chances
No mitigating circumstances now
It's only common sense
There are no accidents round here
 
And I set off my boots on gravel
Potholed lane just tagging on
Looked both ways down the fire road
To see which way you had gone
 
Make a joke and I will sigh
You will laugh and I will cry
Happiness I cannot feel
And love to me is so unreal
And so you hear these words
Telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life
I wish I could but it's too late
 
Old pirates, yes, they rob I
Sold I to the merchant ships
Minutes after they took I
From the bottomless pit
But my hand was made strong
By the hand of the Almighty
We forward in this generation Triumphantly
 
Oh Lord, heaven knows, we belong way down below
Oh Lord, tell us so, we belong way down below
Way down below, way down below
Way down below, way down below
I've seen better ways, man
I know better ways
I've seen better days, man
I've had better days
 
(Dean Lewis- Be Alright)

But nothing heals the past like time
And they can't steal
The love you're born to find
But nothing heals the past like time
And they can't steal
The love you're born to find

​

 
They will tell you you can't sleep alone in a strange place
Then they'll tell you can't sleep with somebody else
Ah but sooner or later you sleep in your own space
Either way it's O.K. you wake up with yourself
 
I got it bad
You don't know how bad I got it
You got it easy
You don't know when you've got it good
It's getting harder
Just keeping life and soul together
I'm sick of fighting
Even though I know I should
The cold is biting
Through each and every nerve and fiber
My broken spirit is frozen to the core
I don't wanna be here no more

Wouldn't it be good to be in your shoes
Even if it was for just one day?
Wouldn't it be good if we could wish ourselves away?
Wouldn't it be good to be on your side?
The grass is always greener over there
Wouldn't it be good if we could live without a care?
 
Day after day, I will walk and I will play
But the day after today, I will stop and I will start
 
It comes down to reality
And it's fine with me 'cause I've let it slide
Don't care if it's Chinatown or on Riverside
I don't have any reasons
I've left them all behind
I'm in a New York state of mind
 
Back
Top