Rescue Me (Closed)

Erin felt exhausted and was in the lounge relaxing, dozing some, on the couch. She heard Gary come in and sat upright. "Man sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep" she said, rubbing her eyes. "Everything ok?" she asked. She stretched some, her shirt riding up on her tight stomach.
 
He smiled 'It's all good, you want to go to bed?' then blushed slightly - 'I mean... Well you know' he smiled again

'dinner will be ina couple of hours and you must be tired'
 
Erin laughed softly as he blushed. Seeing a big man like him blush was quite entertaining. "Nah I think Im ok now, that cat nap helped a lot". She stood and stretched some more. "Do you need help with dinner or something?" she asked, anxious to find something to do.
 
he smiled, 'sure - I'm doing a salad, I wasn't sure if you had any dietary needs so there's a fair selection.'

the kitchen was organised but obviously used, he'd tried to offer as much as possible so all that was required was to plate up 'help yourself. Drink?'
 
Erin inhaled the wonderful aroma of food. Her mouth watered from the smell. "Wow this smells amazing" she said. "You a chef in your spare time?"
 
he laughed 'no - my mother thought I needed to be able to cook to attract girls' he walked to the food so help yourself...'
 
Erin scoffed at that statement. "I dont think you'd need food to attract girls" and then blushed. "I mean, well you're like... good looking". She helped herself to the delicious smelling food and went to sit down and eat.
 
he smiled then followed bringing two glasses and some wine. 'so you ride? Tried it a few times but I'm more a cityboy, motorbikes are more my thing' he laughed. Dinner was quiet and he fetched desert -' just ice-cream I'm afraid' then he went to wash the dishes.

% hope she's Ok he thought
 
Erin lit up at the mention of riding. "I love to ride, but then again motorbikes are kinda hot" she said grinning. She took a sip of the wine, it calmed her nerves a bit.

"So, are we really still in danger here?" she asked, cutting to the chase.
 
'well I think so, they'll be looking and we need to be careful. I'd prefer to stay a while then move, but my Boss thinks we're safer here.' he looked worried 'You've got to be careful by the windows and stay close to me OK?
 
Erin saw how worried he looked. "Yeah, uh no problem. I wont go near the windows or anything. How long before this is over though?" she asked, frowning.
 
he looked at her 'I wish I knew, I'm working off intel that comes in from outside for now. Just relax' he smiled 'we'll be fine - I promise'

he left for the kitchen and cleared away after dinner, then walked the house - checking it was secure
 
Erin wandered into the lounge again and sat on the couch, curling her feet beneath her. When walked in she smiled and patted the couch beside her. "Wanna watch a movie with me?" she asked. She was craving normalcy; that and a little human contact.
 
he smiled and nodded 'sure,what's on?' he moved to sit at the end of the couch, placing his glass on the table beside him

'we're secure for the night, you can relax totally'
 
Erin smiled as he agreed, and handed him the remote. "There's some action movie on right now but you can change it if you want, I don't mind". Her leg brushed his as he sat down and Erin shifted to press closer to him, hopefully without being obvious.
 
He looked at her and offered the remote 'you choose, you're the guest' he laughed. 'Pick something that will distract us - there's enough channels'

he moved, his leg drifting slightly closer to her
 
Erin enjoyed the warmth of his leg pressing against hers. Eventually she settled on a sitcom that was fairly entertaining. They both laughed at the show occasionally and eventually Erin began to drift off to sleep. Her experiences had left her tired. As she fell asleep she kind of drifted sideways until she was leaning against Gary, her head resting on his strong shoulders.
 
as she drifted he smiled, when she came to rest on his shoulder he smiled and rested her head in his lap, he watched some more TV then slowly drifted off himself
 
As Erin slid down with her hand in his lap, she sighed softly and snuggled in. Her arm was draped across his lap under her face.

She awoke some time later and the room was dark except for the light coming from the tv. She could hear Gary's soft breathing and realized her too was asleep. She didn't want him to get a stiff neck from sleeping upright so she shifted a bit, trying to give him room to lie down.
 
as she moved him he sprang instantly awake ' you OK?' he wispered 'did something happen?' his hand was in the side of the couch, his other hand pulling her close to his body.....
 
Erin grimaced and shook her head. "N-no I don't think anythings wrong, I just wanted to let you get more comfortable, but I didn't mean to wake you. I'm sorry" she said softly. She was really cursing herself inwardly because now he'd probably want them to go to their beds, and she was enjoying this contact way too much. Her arm across his waist tightened a little bit.
 
he smiled, feeling her squeeze him 'thank you, but I'm OK - how about you?' he could smell her now that his senses were alive, feel her heart pound, he gently pulled her closer and released his hand from the gun inside the couch, he gently wrapped both arms round her 'you want to go to your bed?'
 
Erin felt the tension slowly drain from Gary's body. His arms slid around her pulling her close. Erin nuzzled her cheek into his body instinctively. It felt safe, right, to be in his arms. At his question she shook her head no.

"Unless you want to, I... I feel comfortable being here in your arms" she said softly, her words muffled just a bit by her face being pressed into his body. The feel of his muscles, the smell of his body, the sound of his calm breathing; it all served to soothe her mind.
 
He smiled 'It is comfortable - but let me get something.' he stood and walked out,returning with a soft blanket and sitting back down. He placed his leg on the couch and held out his hand 'It's safe - I'm not going to do anything'
 
Erin sat up and let Gary go, he returned with the blanket, making Erin smile. Erin didn't hesitate to take his hand.

"I do feel safe with you" she said softly. "This whole situation is completely terrifying, but with you around I'm not scared".
 
Back
Top