Secret Santa Interest Thread

Good heavens, did someone actually do that? You're right it's an appallling attitude. If you agree to take part, you agree to abide by the whole thing, and provide a gift, no matter who you choose.

~Saddened Auntie~

I don't know exactly, all I know is that my friends told me they never received a gift last year. I didn't know that some presents had problems getting shipped, and my friends are in Canada, so I honestly don't think that they were ignored at all now. In fact, it really seemed weird when my friends mentioned it. They may not have been regulars, but I can't imagine anyone would actually ignore someone like that, especially not any of the regulars.

My apologies. :eek:
 
BTW, I'm officially in.

It'll be my third one, but what the hell right? :D
 
Okay, so we've got the ball rolling for those who are interested. Now let's see if we can hammer out some details. Please answer these questions:

1. Should we stick with the $15 limit?
2. What should our deadline be for people to sign up?
3. What should our deadline be for sending gifts?
4. Should there be an earlier deadline for international?
5. What date should we set as opening day?

I want to get everyone's input on this, because after all, this is a group activity. :)
 
Okay, so we've got the ball rolling for those who are interested. Now let's see if we can hammer out some details. Please answer these questions:

1. Should we stick with the $15 limit?
Yes
2. What should our deadline be for people to sign up?
Oct 31st
3. What should our deadline be for sending gifts?
Nov. 22 that would leave 3 1/2 weeks or so if you go with an opening of like the 17th or 18th of December.
4. Should there be an earlier deadline for international?
Don't know.
5. What date should we set as opening day?
17th or 18th of december ..I know someone said when it was last year and i keep thinking they said the 18th . whatever day is good for me as i'm not escaping to anywhere this year
 
Yes

Oct 31st

Nov. 22 that would leave 3 1/2 weeks or so if you go with an opening of like the 17th or 18th of December.

Don't know.

17th or 18th of december ..I know someone said when it was last year and i keep thinking they said the 18th . whatever day is good for me as i'm not escaping to anywhere this year

I concur on all points.
 
Okay, so we've got the ball rolling for those who are interested. Now let's see if we can hammer out some details. Please answer these questions:

1. Should we stick with the $15 limit?
2. What should our deadline be for people to sign up?
3. What should our deadline be for sending gifts?
4. Should there be an earlier deadline for international?
5. What date should we set as opening day?

I want to get everyone's input on this, because after all, this is a group activity. :)


1, Yes.
2, I'd say about the 27th October.
3 I'd say around the *pluchs number from sky* 27th November. Gives a month to shop/make and a good 2-3 weeks for delivery.
4, I don't think it'd be needed with this time limit.
5, 18th December say I!
 
1. Should we stick with the $15 limit?

Yes, seems like a reasonable amount

2. What should our deadline be for people to sign up?

I would say Nov. 1 ... that way people have at least one day after Halloween to do it

3. What should our deadline be for sending gifts?

Nov. 29 ... allows those last minute shoppers in the States to take advantage of any "Day After Thanksgiving Sales" on the 28th

4. Should there be an earlier deadline for international?

Don't think there would need to be

5. What date should we set as opening day?

Dec. 20 -- it's a Saturday, meaning most people should be able to make an appearance here on opening day, while a mid-week day (like the 18th) could be much busier with work and cause some potential problems
 
Okay, so we've got the ball rolling for those who are interested. Now let's see if we can hammer out some details. Please answer these questions:

1. Should we stick with the $15 limit?
2. What should our deadline be for people to sign up?
3. What should our deadline be for sending gifts?
4. Should there be an earlier deadline for international?
5. What date should we set as opening day?

I want to get everyone's input on this, because after all, this is a group activity. :)

1. That's fine.
2. Halloween
3. November 30th (if we're opening the weekend prior to Christmas)
4. Naw
5. See #3
 
1. Should we stick with the $15 limit?
2. What should our deadline be for people to sign up?
3. What should our deadline be for sending gifts?
4. Should there be an earlier deadline for international?
5. What date should we set as opening day?

1. Sounds good though ever draws my name should feel free to go wild, buy me a car, private island, harem of dancing girls etc, and I'll just say it was $15.

2. the 31st sounds good.

3. Ummm yeah late Nov so that there's 2-3 weeks for delivery

4. I think most people can figure out how to count backwards from opening day.

5. Dec 18 is good for me. Weekday or Weekend, I'm flexible.
 
I'm good on opening gifts as long as it's before the 21st. After that I'll be in Germany, and I can't legally take an unopened package with me.

As for the $15 limit, I think that's sensible. But, really I've always taken it to be more of a guideline and not set in stone. Some people want to give more, some people don't have a lot of money leftover. I know lots of handmade things are sent every year where it's difficult to determine the exact value. Some people go crazy on the wrapping and decorations. Last year many people stated that the sender personalizing their gift and putting some thought into it would be a lot more important to them than the value of the gift. So don't start worrying if you're a little under, just add a nice personal letter or drawing or mixed tape, and similarly don't start freaking out because you just found the perfect gift and it costs $18.50

Just wanted to ramble on about that a little bit. ;)
 
I spent exactly $15 last year -- including the postage -- and I think I did good. (At least, I hope I did.)
 
I spent exactly $15 last year -- including the postage -- and I think I did good. (At least, I hope I did.)

You did wonderfully. :) (it's hanging on the wall next to me right now)

The gift I sent was handmade, so I have no idea what it cost.
 
Okay, so we've got the ball rolling for those who are interested. Now let's see if we can hammer out some details. Please answer these questions:

1. Should we stick with the $15 limit?
2. What should our deadline be for people to sign up?
3. What should our deadline be for sending gifts?
4. Should there be an earlier deadline for international?
5. What date should we set as opening day?

I want to get everyone's input on this, because after all, this is a group activity. :)

Whatever is decided will be fine with me. I'm easy. ;)
 
I think the above sounds fine. Just give me orders and I'll follow. :D

Don't get any ideas you doms! I'm not THAT submissive.
:cattail:
 
I'm with Trombonous. This sounds like something I'd really enjoy doing, but since I finally got a job, I'm trying to both save money and not over-spend for all my friends on Christmas. So if there's a spot for 'maybe', I belong there. I want to join but I'm not sure if I'll be of use.
 
I'm thinking about it...but...I HAVE to get a person that is a long term poster....AND...They HAVE to be in my continant...and they HAVE to have the same political persuassions as me...and I have to like them....



Ummmm...this is one reason I don't participate.


So just tell me....how can it be a secret santa....when you make such demands?

Just curious?


Exactly how do the numbers get pulled when such demands are granted?



I'm not trying to poopoo the idea...I'm just curious.
 
I'm thinking about it...but...I HAVE to get a person that is a long term poster....AND...They HAVE to be in my continant...and they HAVE to have the same political persuassions as me...and I have to like them....



Ummmm...this is one reason I don't participate.


So just tell me....how can it be a secret santa....when you make such demands?

Just curious?


Exactly how do the numbers get pulled when such demands are granted?



I'm not trying to poopoo the idea...I'm just curious.
The secret part is that no one except for the sender knows to whom and what he/ she is sending. Notice that this isn't named 'Draw of Lots and You Can't Ever Change Who You Get Santa'. ;)
 
I'm thinking about it...but...I HAVE to get a person that is a long term poster....AND...They HAVE to be in my continant...and they HAVE to have the same political persuassions as me...and I have to like them....



Ummmm...this is one reason I don't participate.


So just tell me....how can it be a secret santa....when you make such demands?

Just curious?


Exactly how do the numbers get pulled when such demands are granted?



I'm not trying to poopoo the idea...I'm just curious.

The person who pulls the numbers (Crim this year) isn't involved in the gifting, so they can re-pull a name if it doesn't fit with the only two demands we're allowed to make - long-time posters if we're not comfortable giving our address to just anyone, and not having to send overseas if the budget/logistics of that wouldn't work out.

I don't really see what the problem with that is. :confused: There are still enough choices left for everyone to pull from.
 
The person who pulls the numbers (Crim this year) isn't involved in the gifting, so they can re-pull a name if it doesn't fit with the only two demands we're allowed to make - long-time posters if we're not comfortable giving our address to just anyone, and not having to send overseas if the budget/logistics of that wouldn't work out.

I don't really see what the problem with that is. :confused: There are still enough choices left for everyone to pull from.

Ummmm...sorry...what did you say? That fantastic ass of yours just turned my brain to mush.
 
Back
Top