Secret Santa Interest Thread

this sounds like a lot of fun!
i'd love to do it, but do you have to be a long term
poster on AH?
 
No darlin you don't have to be a long term poster of the AH. :rose:


ahhh ok! thanks! :rose:
btw you have a lovely AV



i read thru last years gift opening thread, and it looks like everyone had fun.
i'd love to be part of it this year. so Miss Crimson, please count me in! :D
 
ahhh ok! thanks! :rose:
btw you have a lovely AV



i read thru last years gift opening thread, and it looks like everyone had fun.
i'd love to be part of it this year. so Miss Crimson, please count me in! :D

awwww, thank you, see i like you already!:eek::D
 
Are you allowed to send food items into the States? esp homemade.
x
V
 
Are you allowed to send food items into the States? esp homemade.
x
V

food items sent to the states have to be factory sealed or boxed. (Least according to the very stodgy post office lady i talked to on the post office helpline). Apparently you can send homemade jams etc as long as they are processed well and has an extra sticky seal on the top. However the packaging cost for sending jars of stuff is out of the freaking world:( So if you were to be able to seal the packages you'd be okay or you could just seal them in bags and take a chance (sometimes they check sometimes they don't). Though I'm wondering how they could tell. If you get a bit creative on the customs tags it helps as well. :eek:

As well as if items are to liquidy they take longer to get through customs (personal experience after sending a hot sauce to my brother.)
 
food items sent to the states have to be factory sealed or boxed. (Least according to the very stodgy post office lady i talked to on the post office helpline). Apparently you can send homemade jams etc as long as they are processed well and has an extra sticky seal on the top. However the packaging cost for sending jars of stuff is out of the freaking world:( So if you were to be able to seal the packages you'd be okay or you could just seal them in bags and take a chance (sometimes they check sometimes they don't). Though I'm wondering how they could tell. If you get a bit creative on the customs tags it helps as well. :eek:

As well as if items are to liquidy they take longer to get through customs (personal experience after sending a hot sauce to my brother.)

Thanks for the advice - I wonder if I ought to request a UK person though...

I'll have a think about it :)

x
V
 
Thanks for the advice - I wonder if I ought to request a UK person though...

I'll have a think about it :)

x
V

oh one last thing, they damn near shit themselves year before last when i sent christmas crackers in the packages. I had done it before so didnt see a problem. :eek:
 
oh i give up, i tried to find the information again about what can be sent into the US from the uk for food items and i called the blasted number that the lady at the post office gave me and all i get is sent around corners. No one seems to know for sure.

I found this though....
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/...IGVEQEQUHRA0WQ2K?catId=400044&mediaId=9300075

but i do know that homemade products sent for gifts do not require prior notification to be sent.

maybe someone else ehre knows other information that will be useful to us?
 
Both Amy and I are in and we will go with whatever on the dates.
(Put Misty and Amy together! The only two conservative lesbian's on the planet should be a good match! :D:rolleyes: )
 
I think the price limit we set last year ($15 or £7.50) was quite a good one - it's not a lot of money, so it doesn't rule too many people out and it forces Santas to be creative, hey Grace? I like presents better when they've had more thought than money thrown at them :)

x
V

I have to commit some more time to your gift :rose: only done a few pages.

:)

Both Amy and I are in and we will go with whatever on the dates.
(Put Misty and Amy together! The only two conservative lesbian's on the planet should be a good match! :D:rolleyes: )

HAHA!!!!! :D :D :D

Are you sending as seperate people, or a joint gift, and if so does that mean your buget is actually doubled? :D
~~~

I am not sure if im in yet...im a bit concerned about my parents opening my packages or questioning why i have something from the states being sent to me- that isnt from Misty.

ALSO, and this is important, we were allowed to specify if we DO NOT want 'naughty' gifts. Some people cannot receive them for whatever reason. I think this is an important question to include. In my case, if i join in, it MUST be adhered to.

I'll think on it.
 
If you draw me you can send mine to Germany!

*dreams of those scones you mentioned*

Those are only nice fresh out of the oven.... <is trying to persuade Jen to come visit> I could send you the recipe though? They're dead easy :)
You and hubby could commune over the stresses of teaching maths to high school kids :)

x
V
 
Those are only nice fresh out of the oven.... <is trying to persuade Jen to come visit> I could send you the recipe though? They're dead easy :)
You and hubby could commune over the stresses of teaching maths to high school kids :)

x
V

If I ever do make it to the UK again I'd love to make it happen. :)

But I'd love the recipe too, if you get a moment to send it. :rose:
 
I have to commit some more time to your gift :rose: only done a few pages.

:)



HAHA!!!!! :D :D :D

Are you sending as seperate people, or a joint gift, and if so does that mean your buget is actually doubled? :D
~~~

I am not sure if im in yet...im a bit concerned about my parents opening my packages or questioning why i have something from the states being sent to me- that isnt from Misty.

ALSO, and this is important, we were allowed to specify if we DO NOT want 'naughty' gifts. Some people cannot receive them for whatever reason. I think this is an important question to include. In my case, if i join in, it MUST be adhered to.

I'll think on it.

I agree we should add the naughty gift issue. I don't have a problem with naughty gifts, but it's important to be able to specify, I think.

I've been pretty open with my parents about Lit - except for the erotic part. I told them I'm part of a writer's forum, I just didn't specify what kind of writing. That way, I can still share things like the first time I won the monthly contest or when I got a really positive review, and I told them about having an Author conference in Chicago and about doing a Secret Santa with some of the other writers.
 
I have to commit some more time to your gift :rose: only done a few pages.

:)



HAHA!!!!! :D :D :D

Are you sending as seperate people, or a joint gift, and if so does that mean your buget is actually doubled? :D
~~~

I am not sure if im in yet...im a bit concerned about my parents opening my packages or questioning why i have something from the states being sent to me- that isnt from Misty.

ALSO, and this is important, we were allowed to specify if we DO NOT want 'naughty' gifts. Some people cannot receive them for whatever reason. I think this is an important question to include. In my case, if i join in, it MUST be adhered to.

I'll think on it.
very true...along with on the stuff we sent to EL last year we included if we had any allergies and things like that.

:D I remember part of your xmas gifts (well don't know what was in them but how you got them) last year...still makes me smile:D
 
I have to commit some more time to your gift :rose: only done a few pages.

:)



HAHA!!!!! :D :D :D

Are you sending as seperate people, or a joint gift, and if so does that mean your buget is actually doubled? :D
~~~

I am not sure if im in yet...im a bit concerned about my parents opening my packages or questioning why i have something from the states being sent to me- that isnt from Misty.

ALSO, and this is important, we were allowed to specify if we DO NOT want 'naughty' gifts. Some people cannot receive them for whatever reason. I think this is an important question to include. In my case, if i join in, it MUST be adhered to.
I'll think on it.

We are going to do it separately, just to keep things even.

If I get your name just tell them that it's the newest thing in cell phones! :D


http://www.faphost.com/images/i6mmzs9w7p6lxf5qi6e.jpg
 
very true...along with on the stuff we sent to EL last year we included if we had any allergies and things like that.

:D I remember part of your xmas gifts (well don't know what was in them but how you got them) last year...still makes me smile:D

The watch and the fat monitor.

I could have killed her. She better not pull one like that again!!!!

Thank you for making it happen though :kiss:
 
This was a Hints thread set up last year...so get an idea of what kind of info everyone was giving...also people can have a look back at it for ideas for each person, or the person themselves can get an idea of what they said themselves last year...

This was the INFO thread...where questions were asked and answered. So again have a look at the questions asked last year.

~~

I may decide to just get involved in the organising, if there's something that Crim wants me to do...we'll see...i still havent decided.
 
Yes, we will definitely include the naughty or not along with if the person can send overseas and if they have any allergies.

I will start a new thread for questions so everything doesn't get jumbled together.
 
Yes, we will definitely include the naughty or not along with if the person can send overseas and if they have any allergies.

I will start a new thread for questions so everything doesn't get jumbled together.

Is that to post our answers to those questions or just to add more questions?

Just making sure, since we did most of those by PM, last year. That way, not everybody knew who had requested a certain thing, so it was harder to guess who your secret santa might be.
 
Is that to post our answers to those questions or just to add more questions?

Just making sure, since we did most of those by PM, last year. That way, not everybody knew who had requested a certain thing, so it was harder to guess who your secret santa might be.

To add more questions if anyone can think of something that needs to be added. There's been some confusion, so I added another statement in that thread to clear things up.
 
Back
Top