seduction as dishonesty

Tricialen is also making the assumption that every culture is exactly alike, when nothing could be further from the truth.
That's an extremely common assumption! Most peoples do it, really. In the Western world, all cultural differences were attributed to primitivism-- untill Hitler used that reasoning as an excuse for genocide. Most people were sickened by that. It was generally agreed that "Primitive" shouldn't mean "Worthlesss." But the underlying assumption, that "different" means "primitive," is hard to eradicate.
 
That's an extremely common assumption! Most peoples do it, really. In the Western world, all cultural differences were attributed to primitivism-- untill Hitler used that reasoning as an excuse for genocide. Most people were sickened by that. It was generally agreed that "Primitive" shouldn't mean "Worthlesss." But the underlying assumption, that "different" means "primitive," is hard to eradicate.

You're right, as usual. :)
 
Male attractiveness, at least in the first 'attention-getting' stage is still about either virility or the ability to provide. This has been well developed in studies that show that married women will 'stray' with a man whose facial features show strength and aggressiveness but will prefer to remain with the man whose softer features indicate that he's high in vasopressin and likely to stick around to take care of the kiddies.

The Sun King was showing off his wealth in his clothing. Today, a man can show off is wealth with a Ferrari or a Rolex or whatever. Even the most conservatively cut suit, if bespoke, sends the same message. And in our culture, wealth connotes virility. The wealthy CEO is a dominant male (most of the time. Even a female CEO is still a dominant.)

The African is showing off wealth because that much makeup and dolled up clothing costs a bunch. He also dances to show his strength and virility. To each culture its own way of expressing the same thing. Only the methods differ.

Now once the woman's attention is secured, then personality becomes a much more important feature.
 
There are cultures where women don't look for men to "take care of them"

Oh ! OK sorry thought we were talking about attraction ...

And of course your are right and I never think otherwise.

Man! I need to improve my english pffff
 
Oh ! OK sorry thought we were talking about attraction ...

And of course your are right and I never think otherwise.

Man! I need to improve my english pffff

Well, even the attraction thing is up for grabs, really. In a culture where women are the dominant sex, making yourself attractive isn't as important. :)
 
I think too much I guess.

I believe my idea is, the beautiful woman is robbing the man of the intelectual act of choosing.

It is like she is taking the decision for him. Not allowing him to take the plunge.


Maharat

There may be some validity to this, but it pretty much comes with being a mammal.
 
Well, even the attraction thing is up for grabs, really. In a culture where women are the dominant sex, making yourself attractive isn't as important. :)

In cultures where women are the dominant sex, like Karela in south India, they still make themselves attractive but the main attraction is that they are skilled in business. And when they get rich, they spend money on . . . being attractive!
 
Oh ! OK sorry thought we were talking about attraction ...

And of course your are right and I never think otherwise.

Man! I need to improve my english pffff

Psssst. Waffle, over here! Here's a hint: Try not to go at it with people who have 33,000+ posts. They are REAL good at this!
 
Psssst. Waffle, over here! Here's a hint: Try not to go at it with people who have 33,000+ posts. They are REAL good at this!

Aw, darlin', my number of posts has nothing to do with it. I'm just lucky enough to have experienced a culture that isn't "mainstream," that's all. :)
 
Last edited:
Well, even the attraction thing is up for grabs, really. In a culture where women are the dominant sex, making yourself attractive isn't as important. :)

So do the man try to ?

And I don't speak just about make-up or clothe, but also behaviour, game to show off...
 
So do the man try to ?

And I don't speak just about make-up or clothe, but also behaviour, game to show off...

Back then? No, not really so much. Most marriages were arranged with the good of the clan in mind. Deeds, character and family connections were what was important. :)
 
Last edited:
Psssst. Waffle, over here! Here's a hint: Try not to go at it with people who have 33,000+ posts. They are REAL good at this!

Thank you but I really *** tap her foot on the floor like a small brat *** want to know
 
Back then? No, not really so much. Most marriages were arranged with the good of the clan in mind. :)

Or, in the case of the longhouse people, they were personal relationships between women who owned the houses and their contents, and the men who "owned" the fields and the agricultural implements--and the weapons, of course. Having a man to care for your childen wasn't an issue because the woman's brother was the dominent male in the kids lives. BTW, the families were matrilineal, since it's quite obvious who the babies mamma is.
 
Back then? No, not really so much. Most marriages were arranged with the good of the clan in mind. Deeds, character and family connections were what was important. :)

Ok I understand but still makes me sad. Speaking of arranged marriages always does that. nothing personnal btw
 
Or, in the case of the longhouse people, they were personal relationships between women who owned the houses and their contents, and the men who "owned" the fields and the agricultural implements--and the weapons, of course. Having a man to care for your childen wasn't an issue because the woman's brother was the dominent male in the kids lives. BTW, the families were matrilineal, since it's quite obvious who the babies mamma is.

A woman having a relarionship with an item in her house...

Hmmmm....

OH! They had vibrators back then, huh?
 
Ok I understand but still makes me sad. Speaking of arranged marriages always does that. nothing personnal btw

Tsk, tsk. Arranged marriages have a better track record than ones chosen by the fevered kiddies themselves. I'm not talking about the familial enslavement kind among the Pushtan, et al. There are other cultures that practice it.
 
Tsk, tsk. Arranged marriages have a better track record than ones chosen by the fevered kiddies themselves. I'm not talking about the familial enslavement kind among the Pushtan, et al. There are other cultures that practice it.


If they don't have free will one marriage do they have it on divorce ?
 
Tsk, tsk. Arranged marriages have a better track record than ones chosen by the fevered kiddies themselves. I'm not talking about the familial enslavement kind among the Pushtan, et al. There are other cultures that practice it.

If they don't have free will one marriage do they have it on divorce ?

No. A marriage was always made for the good of the clans involved.

You can't do statistics with that ...:eek:
 
Tricialen;28784761 [B said:
There hundreds of magazines for women and men, giving advice on how to make themselves more appealing. human to them, because humans. [/B]

I do believe that I was "politically" correct in using both male and female both opposite and same sex. "Cavemen, had art, burial practices, music, and textiles(made from plants). I'm sure they also used their sexual appeal to attract a mate and I do not think it was dishonest.

I will agree to disagree with you about the other. You have your opinion and I respect that and you. :rose:
 
I don't see anything wrong with a woman looking good to attract men. Once he has been attracted, if he decides he doesn't like my personality or sense of humor, he is free to end the relationship. So am I if I decide I don't like him for whatever reason.
 
Back
Top