The Rookie

He looked over at her as she placed her hand on his thigh. He liked the fact that she felt comfortable with him. This was not a hook-up. This was a date, and he was happy about who he was with.

"Point me in the right direction then Erin. This place sounds perfect." he followed her directions and pulled up to the little place. He got out of the truck and opened the door for Erin. He placed his hand on the small of her back as he led her to the door.

When they went inside he looked around. She was right. this was perfect. Not many people here. They could sit quietly and have a nice meal and just talk and really get to know one another. When the woman approached them, Patrick pointed at a table in a corner. "We want that one."
 
Erin smiled as Pat pointed out a secluded booth in a corner to the lady. The old lady smiled knowingly and led them over there without question. Erin sat down across from Pat and picked up the menu.

They talked about trivial stuff until the lady came and took their orders. Erin ordered a buffalo chicken salad with ranch dressing.

Soon the lady walked away to place their orders.

"So. When i accused you of flirting, you know I was kidding but you don't know why" Erin said, grinning. "When you winked at me during the game? The young girl next to me nearly fell out of her seat. She thought you winked at her" Erin said, laughing softly. "Of course I couldn't break her heart and tell her it was directed towards me" she said.
 
He smiled at Erin as she told him to story of the girl. "Who says I winked at you. Maybe I was winking at her. After all she was kind of cute." He tried to keep a serious face, but was unable to, and he laughed lightly.

He enjoyed talking with Erin. She was so easy to talk to, and she was very easy to look at. He slid his hand across the table and placed it on hers. He looked into those beautiful green eyes and said to her, "thanks for coming out with me tonight. I am really glad to be with you."

His thumb massaged the back of her hand as they continued to talk. He couldn't stop looking into her eyes. she had him under a spell.
 
Erin wasn't the only one under a spell. Pat was like an addiction to her. Erin squeezed his hand softly as he traced light patterns on the back of hers.

They talked quietly, enjoying each others company. "So. Is playing in the majors everything you ever dreamed of? Do you miss home?"

Erin was curious about his life. About his ambitions, his family, his part, she wanted to know everything about him.
 
"So far playing in th emajors has been awesome. It is what I have wanted to do since I was 5." He moved s foot and it brbrushed her calf. Instead of removing his foot he left it there.

"My family life is nothing. I was raised by my grandmother. I never really knew my father. he left when I was 2. My mother was killed by a drunk driver when I was 8, so off I went to Grammy's. She was great. I owe her everything."

"I don't normally talk about that with people. It is just that you are so easy to talk to. I really like being with you." He leaned forward across the table and kissed her softly on her sweet lips.
 
Erin pressed her leg back against Pat's and smiled. Then he began talking about his family life. She nodded her understanding.

"Your grandmother must be a remarkable person because she raised an amazing guy" Erin said smiling as she leaned in and kissed him back, keeping it PG since they were in a restaurant.

"Well you know Raymond" she said rolling her eyes. "My parents are still married, although they bicker and argue often. Thats why I generally stay with Raymond when I'm home from college. Its tense in our parent's house".

Erin wished Raymond was more receptive of her relationship with Pat but decided to ignore that for now. He would probably reem her out when she got home.
 
"Yes, my grandmothe was amazing. She sacrificed an awful lot for me. And thank you for the compliment Erin." Just then the waitress brought their salads. Pat did not let go of Erin's hand as the waitress placed their plates on the table. He squeezed her hand a little tighter.

"All relationships go through tough times. The strength of the relationship is in whether it can survive those tough times. You are lucky to have your brother to stay with when you are home from school."

Pat started thinking about the awkward situation when he dropped Erin off at Raymond's that night. He would have to have a cab waiting there for him. Why was he thinking about the end of the night?

"So, what are you majoring in Erin?
 
Erin had thought about that as well and was planning on offering to go to Pats house and then drove home so he wouldn't need a cab. Erin took a bite of her salad and smiled as taste exploded on her tongue.

"I am lucky to have Raymond. I love him even if he is an overbearing ass sometimes" she said softly."I'm majoring in Early Childhood Development, with an emphasis in physical education. I've always wanted to be a physical education teacher" she said, her eyes brightening significantly as she spoke of her major. It was a passion of hers and she loved it.

"I love kids and athletics so I figured why not combine them?" She shrugged and grinned.

Speaking of college made her wonder if Pat would still want to see her when she had to go back to college. She surely hoped so.
 
As they ate they talked about their pasts, about their likes, about their dislikes, and about many other topics. One thing that never came up was sexual likes and dislikes. It wasn''t because Patrick wasn't interested that it didn't come up. Pat was still trying to make sure that Erin didn't think that Pat was trying to use her or make her a conquest of a new major league player.

He never looked down at his food as he ate. His eyes never left Erin. He enjoyed listening to her talk passionately about combining athletics and education. She lit up even more as she talked about it, and what she wanted to do when she graduated.

Every once in a while he would think about Erin going back to school, and what would happen then, but that was not something that should interfere with his enjoyment of this evening.
 
Erin thoroughly enjoyed the conversation that they had over dinner. She loved getting to know Pat and wanted to know even more. In what seemed like no time their meals were gone and they had been at the restaurant for two hours. They were both stuffed and decline dessert when the waitress offered.

Erin leaned forward in her seat a bit.she surely did not want the night to end and decided to say so.


"Wow, I don't want this night to end" she said, giving Pat a sad smile."I still have to make the three hour drive back to college either tonight or early tomorrow morning" she said groaning and rolling her eyes."what do you wanna do now?" She asked, choosing to ignore the fact that she would be virtually useless in classes the next day. She just wasn't ready to say goodbye yet.
 
"I don't want it to end either, but I can't keep you out much longer. It would not be fair to ask you to stay out late and make the long drive back to school." It was just a little white lie. He wanted the night to go on forever, or at least for several more hours.

"You should probably go back to your brother's and get some sleep before driving back in the morning. It would not be good for you to drive back this late. I wouldn't want you falling asleep along the way."
 
Erin bit her lip and sighed."I guess your right" she said softly. Pat asked for the check and then paid, leaving a more than generous tip as well. Erin smiled at his generosity.

"I don't want you to have to take a cab. You wanna drive to your house then I will just drive from there?" Erin asked as they walked, hand in hand towards the truck. The night air was cool but felt nice and erin sighed softly as they walked through the night.
 
He held Erin's hand as they walked to her truck. It felt right. "Are you planning on going back tonight or in the morning Erin?"

Pat opened the door for her and gave her his hand to help her into the truck. He closed the door and went around and got inside. Before starting the truck he leaned over and kissed Erin on the cheek, and he stayed there until she turned her head and he kissed her lips. Her lips were sweet, and the kiss lingered.
 
"Probably in the morning" she replied."you are right,.I shouldn't drive that far tonight". She settled into the passenger seat and sighed, rubbing her flat abs.

"Man I'm stuffed" she said smiling."I think I gained twenty pounds from that meal alone". She grinned over at Pat as he began to drive. He drove like everything else she had seen him do, with an easy going, confident manner. Her stomach lurched as she thought about how attracted she was to him.
 
As he drove he placed his right hand on her left knee. He caressed it lightly as he drove. He loved the feel of her silky skin. "Twenty pounds. Girl, if you gained 20 pounds, then you must have been emaciated before, because you look fabulous right now."

He pulled up to the condo that he was subletting and into his parking space. He looked over at Erin. "would you like to come up for a minute? A cup of coffee or tea might keep you awake for your drive to your brother's house."
 
Erin laughed softly at Pat and winked. She loved how playful they could be together. Then he pulled up to his condo and asked her inside.

"I would love to come up" Erin replied, eager to spend some more time with Pat, especially maybe wrapped in his arms with no interuptions. Her heart sped up as she realized this would be the first time they would be completely alone together. She smiled to herself.
 
Patrick opened the door to her truck and gave her his hand to help her out of the truck. After closing the door, he took Erin's hand and led her to the door. As they went up the steps to his condo Pat said to Erin, "This place is nothing like Raymond's house. It was one of the few places I could get a short-term lease on. Not sure what is going to happen the rest of the season."

When they got to the door, Pat opened the door and let Erin go in first. "Here it is... the Taj Mahal," he said laughing. He closed the door behind them and waited to see Erin's reaction.
 
Erin smiled as they walked up to Pat's condo. "Honey, I grew up in a double wide, believe me, nothing will phase me" she said. "My family doesn't have money. At least they didnt until Raymond got into the big leagues".

They walked into the condo and Erin grinned. The condo was a bit on the small side but Pat actually had added a few personal touches to it. There was a framed picture on an end table in the living room of what she assumed was him and his grandmother. There were also several trophies and plaques that she assumed were from baseball. His furniture looked extremely comfortable and well lived-on. Erin grinned.

"I love it, Pat. Its so cozy and makes me wanna stay here forever" she said, turning and kissing his cheek softly.
 
"I would love for you to stay here with me forever. That would be pretty incredible. Why don't you have a seat and make yourself comfortable." He pointed at the sofa.

"Can I get you something to drink? I don't know what I have in the fridge other than bottled water, but you are welcome to anything I have."

Pat walked over to the sofa with Erin as she sat down. He felt so good to be alone with Erin... finally. he had been wanting this from the first moment he saw her.
 
Erin sat down and sighed. The sofa was as comfortable as it looked."Water is fine with me" she said softly. Her mind was drifting as she watched Pat stride into the kitchen. Her body hummed with appreciation. He was so gorgeous, she thought. She remembered dancing with him and nearly moaned.
 
He returned with a bottle of water and opened it for Erin and handed it to her. Then Pat sat down on the sofa next to her and placed his hand on her knee. He looked at her as she took a small drink of the water and placed it on the table.

"I have to tell you that I have really enjoyed spending time with you tonight. I just feel so comfortable being with you. I don't want tonight to end and I can't wait to see you again."

He leaned in and kissed Erin on the lips. He loved the taste of her lips and he slid his hand behind her neck as they kissed.
 
Erins heart began to race as Pat spoke. His words were music to her ears. She kissed him deeply, lacing her own arms around his neck and pulling herself close. Her chest brushed against.his and she moaned softly.

"i have loved this time as well" she replied."I've never felt so close to someone so fast. What are we going to do after tonight though?" she asked softly.
 
"Well, after you go back to school we go on the road for a while. The semester will be over soon and we can spend some time together then. That is, if you want to."

He caressed her cheek and kissed her again. His other hand began to slide up and down, caressing her back. It felt perfect to have her in his arms.
 
"Mmmm" Erin moaned."I definitely want to if you do". She kissed him back, her tongue tangling with his. She moved as close as possible to Pat, craving the contact. Her fingers ran through the hair at the nape of his neck as they made out. She was craving so much more but didn't want Pat to think she was some easy slut
 
Their kiss got more and more passionate. He couldn't get enough of it. Their tongues danced together as he lifted her into his lap. He sat back on the sofa and pulled her to him. The feel of her chest pressed against his was so good. he slid one hand slowly down her back and brushed over her incredible ass.

Their tongues continued to dance together as his other hand caressed her back and pulled her even closer to him. She felt so good in his arms.. in his lap. He could sit here like this for hours with her..... longer even.
 
Back
Top