Why I hate the Maternity Ward

Dude,

Just keep on helping her and who gives a rats ass what they think.

As a male in the nursing proffesion I am not even allowed into that area. There are now strict rules about this in my hospital, mainly because I was floated there one day.

The part that amazed me was the complaints didn't come from the patients but from the female Nursing Staff.

Cat

Intriguing...almost sounds like a case of sexism to me. -shrugs- I'd leave it up to the woman giving birth, hell, if the male was as good or better than the women around, I'd want them. Same goes if the women were as good or better than the men.

Then again, the person whom did my eye surgery was a woman. She complimented the doctor who did the initial diagnosis, whom I found out was very new to the field, on the level of notes he took [I passed that on, then found out how new he was, and that it got put in his records that he was recognized by a reputable retina specialist so that made his day, he found my number and called to thank me for passing that on], and she was complimented on her surgical abilities by an ophthalmologist, O-5 and head of ophthalmology at Portsmouth Naval, whom has put her down as the go-to civilian doctor in the area thanks to the job she did. Hell, me, I'm honestly just glad she's my doctor :D
 
Back
Top